tacticalnuggets

Rotation Menu System: A fluid external action menu system

Hey guys, just recently I have been doing more arma3 stuff again. I found an issue with dedicated servers and seat changing. I will try to release the most solid fix i can come up with by monday.

another optimization suggestion with RTMS_fnc_GetMaxDistance with a heavy modded server this functions completely locks up the startup for both client and server (note heavy modded server) now to work around this i simply added if(true)exitwith{30}; at the top of the code as i don't see any other data being collected other than the max size of all objects. Now i see 2 possible fix's 

1. Have a default value that will work with most buildings of 100
2. Collect the data once on the server then broadcast to the client

I feel option one is the best solutions as its impactless.

whats your view as its your code and might be needed for another situation that i'm not seeing atm

I've noticed the slowdown at the start of Arma (but not really the start of a mission)... however the great functionality means that I live with it.  Recommendations by armatech would be cool.

another optimization suggestion with RTMS_fnc_GetMaxDistance with a heavy modded server this functions completely locks up the startup for both client and server (note heavy modded server) now to work around this i simply added if(true)exitwith{30}; at the top of the code as i don't see any other data being collected other than the max size of all objects. Now i see 2 possible fix's 

1. Have a default value that will work with most buildings of 100

2. Collect the data once on the server then broadcast to the client

I feel option one is the best solutions as its impactless.

whats your view as its your code and might be needed for another situation that i'm not seeing atm

You are absolutely right, but its an important variable for a few reasons. The variable is computed such that the menus attached to a class containing a massive object, are still cached into the system, and keeping it cached rather than detected by some function every frame is more efficient. (because the cache scans every 0.5 seconds) The other reason is that if somebody adds their own custom class based menu, the distance they use could exceed the default of 20 meters.

Fortunately, buildings/structures in door, ladder, and hatch detection are separate from this. But somebody could attach a menu to the class of a house. 

The idea was to keep each pass of caching in objects (scanning) at the most minimum distance possible, as I believe the worst case performance impact is proportional to the cube of the radius scanned.

I should have some kind of fix by Saturdays update. If I cant make anything work by then (still keeping RTMS_GetMaxDistance), I will just use your first solution. 

• Like 1

lol love you man was having a bad day till i was reviewing your update

RTMS_FuckYouBIS =
{
};

• Like 1

10 hours ago, armatech said:

lol love you man was having a bad day till i was reviewing your update

RTMS_FuckYouBIS =
{
};

They were using a bugged script in their door config statements, so I fixed it an renamed it lol

Don't know if anyone mentioned it already, but... The problem I have with this mod is that it's mechanically still the old list menu, just in a pretty radial-look. You still have to scroll up and down, etc. to select something while it should rather work like this: You hit a key, the radial menu opens, then you can *move* the mouse up, down, sideways, etc. to select a menu entry, thus removing the need to scroll up / down to select something.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:52 AM, lexx said:

Don't know if anyone mentioned it already, but... The problem I have with this mod is that it's mechanically still the old list menu, just in a pretty radial-look. You still have to scroll up and down, etc. to select something while it should rather work like this: You hit a key, the radial menu opens, then you can *move* the mouse up, down, sideways, etc. to select a menu entry, thus removing the need to scroll up / down to select something.

Unfortunately that would cause MP to be not so fun, as you would lose control of your gun (but i guess that is subjective in general). This was mainly created for issues with context, so if there was a lot of interactive objects really close together you could tell them apart. But you can also open doors, climb ladders, and other stuff instantly, as well as scroll open doors.

Might wanna check it out if you have not tried those things. But I understand what you are saying.