Sign in to follow this  
Degman

Smooth shadows

Hi guys!

Does anyone know how is it possible to apply the smooth shadows on .p3d files (like those on the world objects) ? I would like to use it for vehicle models because I hate this sharpness.

Any ideas ?

Best Regards,

DegmanCro

Hi perhaps a screen will be helpfull. You talk about ambiant shadow or lod shadow?

I believe using prefershadowvolume = 0 as a property in the Geometry LOD will achieve that effect, but the shadows will come out blurry and honestly a little ugly looking.

I believe using prefershadowvolume = 0 as a property in the Geometry LOD will achieve that effect, but the shadows will come out blurry and honestly a little ugly looking.

The soft shadows are fine for larger objects, even for vehicles it is great, the issue is in ARMA you will be mixing your soft shadows with lots of hard shadows and this creates a strange look, better to stay with the norm and fit into the look.

Also if someone sets the shadow quality to 'low', they no longer get soft shadows on your object, keep that in mind.

In Geo LOD

PrefersShadowVolume = 0   // Tells Engine To Use Shadowbuffer, instead of Shadowvolume

sbSource = shadowvolume              // Tells engine which lod to use for shadow buffer