deltagamer

Removal of the 2D Editor

Why remove it if it's not broken.

Depending on just what Bohemia does with Eden in the future, the 2D editor might well become "broken" in a future where they weren't removing it... and they explicitly want to only support one tool.

But 2d 3D editor keeps everything simpler and seems to be more trustworthy and faster.

;)

Well, I returned to Arma3 after few months and I must say... Does BI went insane?! Eden editor is terrible (and "classical 2d" editor was crippled by new updates), everything take much more time to proper create (I was creating 1 soldier for two minutes, only to stand on one place and look to different directions). Classical 2D editor was much more useable and now, its unplayable. I played Arma3 because of editor, so I want to know if there is any possibility to refund Arma3? Because this is not Arma, this is mess and not playable game. Thanks for eventual help with refund.

Are you aware that you can access the 2D editor by keybind Ctrl+O from the terrain selection menu?

Are you aware that you can access the 2D editor by keybind Ctrl+O from the terrain selection menu?

That will be removed soon?

That will be removed soon?

No, as far I know at least.

The editor was already "removed", as in it's hidden and deprecated, but not deleted.

Within the Eden editor press "M" for map and you edit in 2 D.

Stop saying that pressing "M" in the 3DEN-Editor would solve anything. It ain't about some stupid perspective, it's about the 2D-Editor itself !

3DEN uses complete different mission.sqm structure and design, which can/does causes unpleasant problems and many errors !

I have plenty of missions which are ruined during the import-process by this without any chance of restoring their original state or

make changes to them without building it up from scratch using 3DEN. The back-ups of those missions are the only playable ones.

If 3DEN would import everything correctly I couldn't care less, but since it doesn't, I still prefer the oldie but goldie 2D-Editor.

Like the guy above me said (Not the "Press-M-Smartass"): CTRL + O in terrain-selection screen, and you can use it again. Hope they don't delete this.

The problem I'm having now with only being able to use the new editor is that learning how to use it is harder....the majority of tutorials online are for use with the old editor ...I'm new to arma and trying to learn things can be a major headache when you can only find tutorials or instructions for the old editor....for example I wanna learn how to create a mission with ALIVE mod but after watching the tutorial and trying to follow in the new editor I realise things are either worded different or aren't there at all in the way the tutorial explained...if it doesn't hurt the game I can't see why it's not an option to have a choice when one wants to play with the editor to choose from the old or new...I have over 600 hours in arma so far and I can tell you mostly all of that time was spent in frustration on trying to learn how to do things because as I mentioned majority of the tutorials and directions are for the 2d editor...with time more 3den tutorials will come but in the mean time Im scratching my head on things being I'm new to arma...it's hard out here for a newbie...thanks for reading -alex

Since A3 1.72 Malden DLC it appears 2d mp editor is completely removed. Is this true?

I own a car, so I don't keep horses anymore.

8 minutes ago, Jigsor said:

Since A3 1.72 Malden DLC it appears 2d editor is completely removed. Is this true?

No. It's hasn't changed and continues to work as usual; old and obsolete.

• Like 1

So you still have 2D editor button on editable missions still in 2D format Greenfist? Button is completely gone for me now and CTRL + O does nothing..

15 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

I own a car, so I don't keep horses anymore.

Amazing that in your lifetime you did own and ride horses instead of a car even though cars were already available.

Just now, Jigsor said:

Amazing that in your lifetime you did own and ride horses instead of a car even though cars were already available.

I'm really old :)

23 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

No. It's hasn't changed and continues to work as usual; old and obsolete.

So how do you open the 2d MP editor? I guess I'm the only one to notice this. Trust no one, iIt has changed and does not work as usual.