Sign in to follow this  
Echo5Hotel Actual

Error Logs?

I've done some searches and can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for.  My friends and I recently moved from ARMA 2 to ARMA 3 and play a lot with one of us hosting the missions we create.  We do use a lot of mods simultaneously but one of the players is having a hard time connecting to my hosted game.  As soon as he connects he is immediately booted back out.  ARMA 2 used to be good for telling you why the person got kicked as it would generate a visible error message.  ARMA 3 does not seem to do this and Iwas wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a log that would provide the reason why he keeps getting booted and where that log could be found?  Thank you for any help I can get on this issue as he and I are getting frustrated at not being able to track down the reason for the problem.

Have a look at his client side .rpt log, that should say what's going wrong, server side .rpt will just say he was kicked, it might give more info.

When does he get kicked ? can he join the lobby ?

That log lives in your "...\Users\Your Profile\AppData\Local\Arma 3" folder. You're (well, the player who has troubles joining the mission) looking for lastest .rpt file which name looks like this: "arma3_2014-04-08_00-42-51.rpt". He should open it with Notepad (or any other text editor) and scroll right to the bottom, a "Cannot play/edit this mission..." message should be one of the lastest in the log.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much y'all. Looking at those logs we were able to determine the problem and got it fixed. Again, thank you very much.