adanteh

Eden Feature Requests

It would be nice if there was a separate video settings menu for the 3D editor. 

I don't need high quality graphics that rev my fans and tax my system while doing editing. It's rather annoying having to either switch my video settings back and forth when I'm editing vs. when I'm playing. 

A key shortcut for "Sync To" would also be a nice time saver. 

In a SP mission, I often want to spawn player/objects in random areas without heavy scripting.

Currently we can:

- Create markers

- Object -> Connect, Set random start -> link with markers

It then places the object on one of the linked markers.

But this does not work with areas.

Please allow "Set random start" for area markers, making the object spawn somewhere in that area.

Accurate placing of items on tables in game. While it looks right in Eden, once the mission started, items tend to sink into the table or even worse, fall right through it. Check Eden vs. started mission comparison images in spoiler.

In Eden:

20160605115329_1tvj6n.jpg

In game:

20160605115424_1lrj2c.jpg

20160605115428_1amjvc.jpg

One could argue that disabling simulation does the trick. However, objects like weapons, magazines, items, cannot be picked up anymore if their weapon holders' simulation is disabled. Similar goes for light soruces like camping lanterns which won't emit any light if the simulation is disabled.

It would also be super cool if we could "lock" placed objects. I lost track of how many times I accidentally moved objects or compositions I didn't want to move because I misclicked. It would be even cooler if we could hide these locked objects from the UI. Not the model, just the hitbox and clickable icon to de-clutter the UI when working on some rather dense compositions with lots of small objects in close proximity to each other.

Undo/Redo - does not fire off an attributes changed ( 3denAttributeChanged ) and onUndo/onRedo do not pass the entity that changed, leaving the need to evaluate all Eden entities if you need to know what changed.

ScrollBlock - Even though there are scrollblock ctrls in Display3Den to disable scene mousewheel scrolling e.g for left/right Panel and top and bottom menu strips, setting up our own seems to not work and I presume it is hardcoded engine side for these particular ctrls. Can we get a new ctrl property for background controls that denote the ctrls area for disabling? so we can create our own Eden UI widgets/toolbars that can have listboxes and other scrollable ctrls without having to worry about UI usability due to unwanted scene scrolling.

Movement -
    1.Although there are now camera control bindings they are of no use for ESDF users as there are still hard bound keys e.g E is hardbound to toggle left panel.
    2.If in map mode, map movement is still bound to WASD and does not follow camera bindings.
    3.Movement in map mode has weird diagonal movement, holding e.g WA will make the movement stutter and mainly follow first pressed key.
    4.When in map mode could we have the camera entitiy( icon ) dragable and also respond to shift left click for rotation.

• Like 1

Undo/Redo - does not fire off an attributes changed ( 3denAttributeChanged ) and onUndo/onRedo do not pass the entity that changed, leaving the need to evaluate all Eden entities if you need to know what changed.

ScrollBlock - Even though there are scrollblock ctrls in Display3Den to disable scene mousewheel scrolling e.g for left/right Panel and top and bottom menu strips, setting up our own seems to not work and I presume it is hardcoded engine side for these particular ctrls. Can we get a new ctrl property for background controls that denote the ctrls area for disabling? so we can create our own Eden UI widgets/toolbars that can have listboxes and other scrollable ctrls without having to worry about UI usability due to unwanted scene scrolling.

Two of my peeves as well, wouldn't mind seeing some improvement on these..

Could we get shortcuts for mission actions like 'RESTART' and other? Also, could we toggle on/off the dialog that popups on pressing RESTART (asking 'Are you sure' for a 1000th time)?

It's so annoying. It makes all troublesome when you're testing the mission and simply want a quick reload.

Could the editor show empty crew positions in vehicles and could we select what seat we want to fill?

For example when there is crew in the vehicle, we see the icons and with the same concept if empty seats would show as grey.

As of the current time of this post I think EDEN has it all about covered

As of the current time of this post I think EDEN has it all about covered

I'm assuming you're just randomly posting to get your post count up but the existence of this wonderful mod shows Eden doesn't yet have it all covered. :)

• Like 1

Yup speaking of 3eden advanced I rather like the ambient and combat animations you can choose from, while not a massive amount its got several and at a click you've got some nice animations without having to use the animation manager, what I'd like in the complete or a lot of animations to be chosen simply from a dropdown box like in 3den advanced. 

• Like 1

Now that we can change group names, would it be possible to add a toggle switch as to whether or not the changed group name is copied to a new mission?

Unfortunately, I think somehow the fact that it doesn't is having an effect on code like this in the init box:

group this setgroupid [""Havoc 6""];

As occasionally half way through the mission all the group names will change.

Because if you do go through the trouble of changing all the Arma assigned group names, they don't copy over to new mission's and I have to redo them every time.

please, don't have some factions opened by default in the unit library. it's annoying and now with apex it's easy to mistakenly click on the "old" units, because they are always open in library...

• Like 3

A system for creating walls / fences / fortifications is sorely needed. I tried creating a prisoner camp in one field on Tanoa and the fences don't even rotate according to the terrain normals. I eventually gave up the idea but I'd surely return to it if such a system were to be implemented.

im asking this here bc i aparently cant open a new topic in this forum so yeah.

I have a question regarding mappin. im currently doin some major aesthetical changes to one already existing map by placing alot of objects and props that were available from the start in the eden editor or that I have added to my library through various mods.

I ofc would like to upload the map with those changes to my server at some point. so is there a way to export this scenario in a way to make it a standalone map?

Or mabye even a way to tell the server what changes I did to the original map so it can reproduce it for everyone? i noticed alot of servers have some buildings or probs that arent included in the original map, yet i didnt have to download anything. so it must be possible somehow right?

further question. I have taken objects from various mods (like i said). i however dont want to force ppl to download all those mods just because i added a few objects from each mod to the map. if there a way to export the map into a standalone one, is there a way to include those objects taken from mods (but only the ones i actucally used) and include them in the mapfile itself?

if however its possible to tell the server what changes to make to reproduce the map from my szenario, is it possible to combine all the objects used (and again, only those) in a custom mod or something for ppl to download so they have everything they need without having to download every single mod I downloaded myself while searching for nice objects to use.

i have no clue how to approach this problem or even what to search for. if someone has some useful informations or could just point me into the right direction i would be thankful.

when the "guarded by" trigger gets fixed anytime soon, it would be great if we could have more control over which unit responds to which guard-trigger and have the possibility to have unit on guard-waypoints that don't react to guard-triggers, but acts, as if there were no guard-triggers placed. for example have guard-waypoint only react to synced guard-triggers...

Feature Request:

• Help/Explanation of a module and it's sync capabilities (required | optional)

The old editor had the possibility to show options or Help with a button at the bottom right next to close.

The help explained what it does etc., above there was a picture showing other modules being required or optional to sync with this module.

• Like 1

Quite, doubt it would be too hard to implement..

Simultaneous multiplayer mission editing or at least object placement would be amazing.

Agreed. Have an editing host and clients who can contribute, but all changes are saved to the host only. What a time saver it could be!

• Like 1

Any chance to see preview pictures for compositions and in the future also for shared compositions?

this...becuse the mod is not client side i dont use it

hey,

what made the original ofp editor great, was that you could do so much stuff without scripting, just by visually linking/syncing stuff etc.i wish eden would improve on that aspect.

for example i would love the possibility to place some game logics and then assign waypoint/routes to these logics, as if the logic was a unit. you would then place a unit/group and assign a new type of waypoint ("choose route") to this unit/group. the unit/group would at that waypoint choose at which gamelogic´s path it would continue. chooseble patchs could be synced to the waypoint (sync choose route waypoint to game logic). ideally there would be some options in the waypoint itself. for example if the route could still be choosen by other units which have a choose waypoint synced to the choosen logic, or if the logic should be dismissed from the "pool" after the unit chose the route.

There's a way to add a collapse all option - like in the tree view - inside property page.

Right now I have to reduce one by one option to change the effects on triggers ...

Any chance to get a "Reset to Default" button for the new Dynamic Simulation attribute?