adanteh

Eden Feature Requests

??

For me debug console comes up by pressing the button left of 1 so can't really see it as PITA, although I still press 'esc' first usually :P

EDIT:

Forgot to add that if/when the keys become 'bindable' in Eden maybe this should be 'bindable' as well..

The button left of the key 1 is called cirkumflex. I don't know if that is an issue with the German keyboard layout, but everytime I press cirkumflex a ^ will be written into one of the code field int he debug console causing script errors everytime or even deleting whole code blocks.

Had no idea what the key's name was, just that on my kb it has the symbol thingy used in law books or whatever.. No idea what that one's called either :P

Now that you mention it it does happen to me sometimes, although in my case the get 'law-book symbol thingy', it only happens when Eden hick-ups, for some reason it sometimes seems to have occasional random brain-farts when key-presses don't register so I may end up having to press for example this particular key up to 3 times before the debug console opens, and of course there's the two of those law-book symbol thingies written in the main edit..

I dont know if this request is done yet:

I like a colapse all (+) into the main tree of objects.

Right now I must colapse one by one the sub levels of object trees.

Another petition:

There's a way to have a option to auto-activate the vertical-sync when you enter into the editor to avoid over-heat when editing a scenario?. Right now I must remember activate the v-sync each time.

i would like to see some way of quickly garrison trrops directly from eden. maybe a simple waypoint with "occupy house" or a way to directly drag and drop a group in/on a house to garrison them.

The button left of the key 1 is called cirkumflex. I don't know if that is an issue with the German keyboard layout, but everytime I press cirkumflex a ^ will be written into one of the code field int he debug console causing script errors everytime or even deleting whole code blocks.

It's the circumflex on the Germany keyboard too, and I agree it'S a bad shortcut for the console because it's a dead key (accent key), so you press it, the console opens, you start typing and have a ^ in front of your line.

• Like 1

Is the following control layout supposed the stay like this?

37UwMGv.png

I personally think you can do better it looks very weird. The ends of the sun display do not align with the slider and I don't like how the slider is 97,5% covered.

FEATURE REQUEST:

Eden Editor

Problem:

Unable to move camera forward in Eden editor with non-standard control configuration - conflicting, un-editable Eden Editor keybind.

When E - not W - is bound as 'forward', the left column of the editor is closed when pressing E. Unable to move camera forward at all.

Proposed solution:

a.) Regardless of keybinds, hard-code WASD as Eden Editor movement keys. Infantry movement when testing can then resume with whatever control scheme user has defined.

b.) Create an Eden Editor keybind screen on the Controls combo box that enables user-defined keybinds, thus avoiding keybind conflicts.

You can maybe remove the PO-30 Orca - Black&white version from the OPFOR list, as it's accessible through its attribute menu. With that, only PO-30 armed and PO-30 unarmed versions remain, and skins would be available in the attribute like for other vehicles.

One thing that could be useful is to add file operation commands to 3DEN editor, something like createFile3DEN, readFile3DEN, [edit]fileExists3DEN[/edit] (maybe even deleteFile3DEN).

It would vastly widen the possibilities for modding the editor (to basically limitless), and you did boast how modding friendly the editor is going to be when it was announced and this would actually make that statement more true. :P

Limiting this to 3DEN only should erase at least some MP security concerns I guess, and limiting it to only work in current mission root limits possibilities to break things (maybe even limit so that the commands do nothing unless you're working in a saved mission, as in it has been SaveAssed once.)

Obviously would write plain text files (but you could of course define the file type yourself, be it .sqf, .whateveriwant), you could also limit it to write strings only (but without any artificial length limits, just the game's own limit, ditto for reading the file) but I'd prefer if it accepted at least some of the main datatypes (string, array, scalar).

deleteFile3DEN would only delete files created with the createFile3DEN command, and obviously would not delete files with A3 mission filetypes .ext or .sqm

Not everyone of us is a professional coder who can just whip up an extension to do this, although of course you can write a dll to create, read and delete files today with by just googling and reading StackOverflow but it's kinda unfruitful when you do not have one idea what you're doing, or how the hell you could even debug the thing, and why it crashes the game with some *_*_VIOLATION error when you copy/pasted some bit of code from the web and compiles without errors..

[edit]And once you finally get it to work why it some days works and other it doesn't, or why it fails to create a file more times than it succeeds.. Extensions are also blocked by BattleEye, and if one does not realise this it can cause gray hair when you wonder why my dll doesn't get called by callExtension..[/Edit]

I doubt I'm the only one who's ideas are constantly trumped by the fact that file operations don't exist, or am I? :shrug:

Edited by h -
  • Like 1

Ability to toggle UI scaling on/off. With the current version (1.59.135679) the UI seems to be scaled too high for the selected option

• Like 1

One thing that could be useful is to add file operation commands to 3DEN editor, something like createFile3DEN, readFile3DEN, [edit]fileExists3DEN[/edit] (maybe even deleteFile3DEN).

It would vastly widen the possibilities for modding the editor (to basically limitless), and you did boast how modding friendly the editor is going to be when it was announced and this would actually make that statement more true. :P

Limiting this to 3DEN only should erase at least some MP security concerns I guess, and limiting it to only work in current mission root limits possibilities to break things (maybe even limit so that the commands do nothing unless you're working in a saved mission, as in it has been SaveAssed once.)

Obviously would write plain text files (but you could of course define the file type yourself, be it .sqf, .whateveriwant), you could also limit it to write strings only (but without any artificial length limits, just the game's own limit, ditto for reading the file) but I'd prefer if it accepted at least some of the main datatypes (string, array, scalar).

deleteFile3DEN would only delete files created with the createFile3DEN command, and obviously would not delete files with A3 mission filetypes .ext or .sqm

Not everyone of us is a professional coder who can just whip up an extension to do this, although of course you can write a dll to create, read and delete files today with by just googling and reading StackOverflow but it's kinda unfruitful when you do not have one idea what you're doing, or how the hell you could even debug the thing, and why it crashes the game with some *_*_VIOLATION error when you copy/pasted some bit of code from the web and compiles without errors..

[edit]And once you finally get it to work why it some days works and other it doesn't, or why it fails to create a file more times than it succeeds.. Extensions are also blocked by BattleEye, and if one does not realise this it can cause gray hair when you wonder why my dll doesn't get called by callExtension..[/Edit]

I doubt I'm the only one who's ideas are constantly trumped by the fact that file operations don't exist, or am I? :shrug:

Im with you on this request h-. Would open up alot of possabilities. Unfortunately I believe there is nothing on the horizon, as per this conversation i had with DnA back in February...

Larrow

While i have your ear, do you know if there is any plans to implement access to safe file/directory creation? e.g be able to only create .sqf .ext .hpp or directories to current mission directory?

I know its possible to create our own dll's but a safe/supported vanilla version would be a great addition.

Doing it by copyToClipboard is not a very friendly end user experience.

It would open up many possibilities like an in game script window, gui creator where text could be formatted and saved out to the current users mission directory.

Or just a plugin for Eden where you could have a script package folder and at a click of a button have needed scripts read and re-saved in the users current mission directory.

Rather than script package writers having to supply their package and instructions on how to implement it, it could be just placed in this special folder and via code in an Eden addon the appropriate files could be copied to their mission folder.

I always thought this would also be a great addition for user vars creation aswell so a script package/addon could save vars to their own user var file.

Would stop bloat of the default vars file and would enable easy deletion as you could delete appropriate vars file when uninstalling a particular addon or package.

DnA

There's currently no plans for native file I/O that I'm aware of. Whenever we started to head into that direction, security became a serious concern (even given several kinds of restrictions). But it's not impossible and perhaps one day we can return to it. First we need to get some other things under control, such as Remote Execution. Specifically for profileNamespace (.vars), you might post specific improvements to FT to consider.

• Like 1

Well that sucks..

Although having the commands 3den only should alleviate many security concerns? But then again not a real coder so..

hi, just wondering if the ability to change shoulder flashes in the Eden arsenal can be added like we have in the virtual arsenal? as far as i know no one else has mentioned this but if they have sorry for repeating  :)

The Taru pods seem to be missing in Eden. They are under Empty in the 2D editor though. And the Huron pods are available in Eden as well.

A delete Mission option when when you load up EDen missions.

Secondly you cannot set Faces in Virtual Arsenal the version tied into EDen. Or Voices.

Lastly I am having an issue with lit road cones in EDen. The cones can be found but they are not lit...even though allow simulation is  on.

Please give us a FLYING option for helicopters and planes :)

Please give us a FLYING option for helicopters and planes :)

Just elevate them and they will be flying once you run the mission.

Must be a certain altitude though. And for anything with a roadway LOD, like CUP's Mi-6, they will just drop out of the sky.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

They need to be at 20m altitude to be flying or else they spawn with engines turned off and they crash.

What I want is an ai spawn module like the spawn module for the human player. Than you can add it to the sector control module and sync it to the sectors. The ai is able to spawn at the captured sectors for each side. If a sector ist lost, than human and ai cant spawn anymore at this sector and must choose another one, something like the conquest mode in BF2. I´m sure there is an way to script something like this, but i have searched the last days for hours and found nothing.... I am new at the forum, so I cant open a new thread in the scripting section. Cheers!

it would be nice to have ability to add weapon addons and ammo into backpack - for weapons that is not player's current. yes, I can do it with init script, but it won't be saved as loadout. current example - AT and Autoriflemen assistants. btw, they don't even show belts and rockets in arsenal interface if you don't put MG or RL into loadout. and that's sucks.

A useful function would be if we could switch the side of a group or unit. I found that the old trick still works (a non-spawning team leader of the side you want) but actually, it you subsequently delete the team's leader the group will remain on that side - for example having an OPFOR group with a INDFOR leader and deleting the leader will leave the group on INDFOR.

Would be nice if there was a way to switch that in the Attributes dialog itself.

• Like 1

+1*100

I hope the management at BIS realizes they should go all guns blazing with this 3D editor.. Everything we have thought of, and what we have not, should be in it :P

Need attachto function in real time please. Very useful function.

Feature Request for 3DEN Editor:

Please add Color Set Box (Check Screenshot)

E1RglaA.jpg