adanteh

Eden Feature Requests

I'd like for it to be possible to set asset treeviews as minimized by default, instead of having vanilla factions' infantry units expanded. More often than not it means I need to close a lot of nodes.

• Like 1

Excuse me if this feature already exists. I think there should be way to orbit camera around something you're looking at. For example in Unity editor there is way to orbit camera around object(pivot point?) in scene view with holding alt key and dragging around with mouse.

It would be useful to have a 'Reset to default Loadout' option either in Arsenal or under the object Attributes menu.

So for example:

Place an engineer in EDEN.

In Arsenal you create a new loadout for him.

You create your mission assign tasks/waypoints etc.

Then later you decide, for whatever reason, (Often because you can't add NVG's, weapon accesories etc. to backpacks and Vests) you want to revert the unit to it's default editor load out.

Currently the workaround is to place an engineer, in Arsenal you save his loadout then go to your previously placed unit and load in that saved loadout in arsenal.

On a side note can the Moderators pin this topic thread please? :)

Thanks

E

I'd like to be able to create a faction in the 3D Editor.  As example: military advisors to either a Red, Green, or Blue faction. 

It would be useful to have a 'Reset to default Loadout' option either in Arsenal or under the object Attributes menu.

3den_contextMenu_resetLoadout.jpg

Coming to the next dev build update.

• Like 1

Excuse me if this feature already exists. I think there should be way to orbit camera around something you're looking at. For example in Unity editor there is way to orbit camera around object(pivot point?) in scene view with holding alt key and dragging around with mouse.

Every 3D modelling program has this, too. It's a great feature. In fact, the more, the better, but we must keep in mind the devs have limited time and resources, so priorities must be set. :)

Excuse me if this feature already exists. I think there should be way to orbit camera around something you're looking at.

Quick concept test script. Set Controls > Custom Controls > User Action 10, to what ever key you like as a toggle (single key have not taken into account multi binds) and run the code from the debug console within the editor.

Will orbit a single selection OR the centre point between multiple selections.

LARs_cameraOrbitKeyToggle = actionKeys "User10" select 0;
LARs_cameraOrbit = false;
LARs_cameraTarget = createVehicle [ "Sign_Sphere10cm_F", [ 0, 0, 0 ], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE" ];
hideObject LARs_cameraTarget;

disableSerialization;
_display = findDisplay 313;

_display displayAddEventHandler [ "KeyUp", {
	params[
		"_ctrl",
		"_keyCode",
		"_shft",
		"_ctr",
		"_alt"
	];

if ( _keycode isEqualTo LARs_cameraOrbitKeyToggle ) then {
		LARs_cameraOrbit = !LARs_cameraOrbit;
		if !( LARs_cameraOrbit ) then {
			get3DENCamera camSetTarget objNull;
			get3DENCamera camCommit 0;
		}else{
			_nul = [] call LARs_fnc_setOrbitTarget;
		};
	};
}];

LARs_fnc_setOrbitTarget = {
	_camera = get3DENCamera;
	if ( LARs_cameraOrbit ) then {
		_selected = [];
		{
			_objs = get3DENSelected _x;
			{
				_nul = _selected pushBack ( _x get3DENAttribute "position" select 0 );
			}forEach _objs;
		}forEach [ "object", "trigger", "logic", "waypoint" ];

if ( count _selected > 0 ) then {

_pos = _selected select 0;

if ( count _selected > 1 ) then {
				_posX = [1e5, 0];
				_posY = [1e5, 0];
				_posZ = [1e5, 0];
				{
					_posX set [ 0, ( _x select 0 ) min ( _posX select 0 ) ];
					_posX set [ 1, ( _x select 0 ) max ( _posX select 1 ) ];
					_posY set [ 0, ( _x select 1 ) min ( _posY select 0 ) ];
					_posY set [ 1, ( _x select 1 ) max ( _posY select 1 ) ];
					_posZ set [ 0, ( _x select 2 ) min ( _posZ select 0 ) ];
					_posZ set [ 1, ( _x select 2 ) max ( _posZ select 1 ) ];
				}forEach _selected;
				_posX = ( _posX select 0 ) + ((( _posX select 1 ) - ( _posX select 0 )) / 2 );
				_posY = ( _posY select 0 ) + ((( _posY select 1 ) - ( _posY select 0 )) / 2 );
				_posZ = ( _posZ select 0 ) + ((( _posZ select 1 ) - ( _posZ select 0 )) / 2 );
				_pos = [ _posX, _posY, _posZ ];
			};

LARs_cameraTarget setPos _pos;
			_camera camSetTarget LARs_cameraTarget;
		}else{
			_camera camSetTarget objNull;
		};

_camera camCommit 0;
	};
};

add3DENEventHandler [ "onSelectionChange", {
	h = [] spawn {
		sleep 0.1;
		_nul = [] call LARs_fnc_setOrbitTarget;
	};
	true
}];

One thing about eden compositions. I checked it out, but please include the tick to save composition location data as well. This is a very useful feature. As having made something in eden for examle the defence positions in the town of Syrta where people are in buildings, on the roofs, additional objects and what have you. If then I publish it, the user who downloaded will have to reposition everything which although is not so difficult, however takes time and might be imprecise especially if there is no clear instruction of what goes where. Please include object X,Y,Z position data on the island and an option to either choose the original position defined by maker or disregard it and place is as desired by the user.

- "Close All" button

In the menus on the left and right is everything open instead of everything closed. For me the best thing would be if everything is closed from the start. I can imagine three ways to achieve that. First make a preference checkbox "Close all at start", a button "Close All" or just close all at the start.

One thing about eden compositions. I checked it out, but please include the tick to save composition location data as well. This is a very useful feature. As having made something in eden for examle the defence positions in the town of Syrta where people are in buildings, on the roofs, additional objects and what have you. If then I publish it, the user who downloaded will have to reposition everything which although is not so difficult, however takes time and might be imprecise especially if there is no clear instruction of what goes where. Please include object X,Y,Z position data on the island and an option to either choose the original position defined by maker or disregard it and place is as desired by the user.

Have to checked out the Composition tutorial? If not, you probably want to do that.

Have to checked out the Composition tutorial? If not, you probably want to do that.

Tudorial does not say anything about it. There is an option to Paste on original Position Ctrl+Shift+V but it does not work the way I was talking about.

What I meant was for Zeus gm to set up a composition around objects for example the airport on Altis.

And then on a mission load all of this into the game and place the objects and units in Zeus on the positions they were intended to be in the 3d editor.

Maybe I am not seeing something if so please explain how to import my composition and paste it exactly the way it was.

Sorry 7ftnick, I misunderstood you question completely =/. You bascially want the center position and direction of each composition to be saved with the composition so one can replaced it exactly where it was created. I think that's an awesome idea and should definitely be implemented.

Sorry 7ftnick, I misunderstood you question completely =/. You bascially want the center position and direction of each composition to be saved with the composition so one can replaced it exactly where it was created. I think that's an awesome idea and should definitely be implemented.

Yeah, it should not be hard to implement, and very useful as might help avoid clutter in missions if you are doing a Zeus and players choose to go Kalochori, Paros or Rodopoli I would just load a whole setup for the town they choose instead of loading all 3 and creating a lagfest.

Any chance we could get a getter command for layers? Or is there a way to properly find out whether a layer exists or not, which I didn't think about?

Indeed, we need at least all3DENLayers or something, there already is a array of layer's anyway somewhere in the engine (I assume) so shouldn't be that huge of a task?

Handling of layers is a bit odd though:

- start up the editor

- add a layer with the add layer button

- Layer 1 is created

- remove the layer with remove3DENLayer 0

- add layer with the add layer button

- Layer 2 is created (one would assume it would be 1 again since there were no prior layers anymore?)

- Try remove3DENLayer 0 again and the layer does not get deleted (command returns false), one would assume that list element 0 is list element 0 no matter what the layer name is....?

Is there any chance custom connections will be implemented with 1.58? I finally want to play with those :P

- Try remove3DENLayer 0 again and the layer does not get deleted (command returns false), one would assume that list element 0 is list element 0 no matter what the layer name is....?

I think that's on purpose. The same thing used to apply to addMissionEventHandler, but it was changed to have static index. That is actually a lot easier to work with in regards to scripting, because then the return index you get on creation is something you can always rely on instead of having to adjust everything with a higher index whenever you remove something. 

Can facewear be added to virtral arsenal under Object: Equipment storage because they currently are not showing up.

Sounds probable.

It can also get a tad annoying though when something works like arrays do and something doesn't, especially when the behaviour is not documented.. :P

Can facewear be added to virtral arsenal under Object: Equipment storage because they currently are not showing up.

I actually proposed that on the Feedback tracker (to include it in the Binocs section which is pretty clean anyway), and for one devbranch release it seem to have been added, but since then it has vanished again

I noticed there's a new option to hide foliage (Ctrl+G) so as to make editing in woods/jungle easier, which is handy.

I would like to suggest a low priority addition in the form of a 'Virtual Dive Mask' when the Eden camera enters a body of water.

It would likely be useful for spectator cam and Zeus cam also.

Thanks

E

It would be fantastic to be able to edit the number of one item in a crate by typing in the number of how many you want as opposed to clicking the + or -. Also, it would be awesome to have a search bar in the equipment storage area of the Attributes window. Lastly, could we get Diving goggles in the Arsenal?  :D  :D  :D  Thanks BIS! You guys are awesome!

A way to turn off the server you started when previewing the mission in multiplayer would be great.

i would love to have the custom loadouts respawn-proof.

alternatively  i would like an easy way to automatically grab inventory and traits from a unit to make avaialble as respawn loadout. (for example snync units to a module: units won't spawn but traits and loadout get pulled from units to be available as respawn class)

also, if it's not already done (i'm not on dev-branch) have the "new" fog (fog array) be handled by the weather (intel) interface. last time i checked the fog was still the old tech (reduced view distance basically) and the new fog required the script command.

and we definitely need ammo boxes etc. to be emptied with one click. it's tedious to delete every item by hand. also last time i checked, it was a bit bugged and some items wouldn't disappear from certain boxes although they showed empty in eden.