adanteh

Eden Feature Requests

Will it be possible to control size of fonts and panels of Eden ?
(Would like make some of them smaller, some bigger)
And will be some easy way to create some ai presets, like:

Some interface to set up:

equipment, med. skill, engineer skill, standard skills, faction, possibly control |arma 3|'s " randomization and after get it available in editor, zeus.

(create even groups like it)

?

lock cursor on screen while holding r.m.b. and maybe: ability to choose where to zoom in|out '`cursor or.center of screen
" Go here " for locations too.
" Go here " - " move camera to " zeuse's button.
If it's possible, would be great if while moving some object pressing " shift " or " alt " |moving| way changing to new state without necessity to release l.b.m.
Maybe: tools to measure distance and get |direction|`-(from point 1 to point 2).
Eden do not supporting other assets types? (No " staticship " with " ATLAS ").
Found:
Information for modules do not showing for all modules.
Flashlight do not working?
I guies |module's specifics|'s yes|no choosing are broken.
When turning something (happened only with ships (for now at least, i guies)) sometimes the |direction| line (on map) shoving opposite direction.
By unknown reason:
"lhq_carrier_0_helper" createVehicle lp;

in object's init, " Init: type object, expected nothing".

p.s. Best known to me game in the world.

Will it be possible to control size of fonts and panels of Eden ?

It's already possible via modding, however if you mean via options e.g, interface size. I believe Mr. Moricky mentioned that they are evaluating whether that's possible or not.

Some interface to set up: equipment, med. skill, engineer skill, standard skills,

A new command was recently introduced to assign specialties to units e.g, medic skill, enginner skill etc.

Maybe: tools to measure distance and get |direction|`-(from point 1 to point 2).

Sounds more like a function for a CAD program, guess that's to specific, however, could easily be added via modding.

Eden do not supporting other assets types? (No " staticship " with " ATLAS ").

Modders will be able to create their own vehicle classes in the configs. Wait until 3den is released and mods are propely set up.

Information for modules do not showing for all modules.

Yep, I really hope modules get some love too.

By unknown reason: "lhq_carrier_0_helper" createVehicle lp;

in object's init, " Init: type object, expected nothing".

you have to add

0 = "lhq_carrier_........

Code in the init of a unit expects a variable to return to.

• Like 1

A new command was recently introduced to assign specialties to units e.g, medic skill, enginner skill etc.

I mean like some interface to do it, like group's|unit's editor, making the units, group there and getting it as group in " compositions " or unit in " objects " list, (but more cool and wanted (by me at least) is->) and in " groups "|" units " zeuse's list.

(Now to get some group or unit in the list, need to create a mod and working with configs, but it shouldn't be difficult to add.?.).

(currently we are setting unit's equipment '(zeus game) by executing script with loadout's presets, would be so cool to have this functionality).
(and thanks, didn't know, will look for the command).

you have to add

0 = "lhq_carrier_........

Code in the init of a unit expects a variable to return to.

Right, thanks.

Debug console need to be added in description.ext to work (zeuse's access to inits too).

Found:

! line down from movable assets are not hideable by models under the asset (placing module precise in point on top of ship is problematic).

Request : ability to save characters that we created (via the arsenal) in a specific subcategory of the editor, in order to be able to place them faster (instead of loading the arsenal and a profile).

sub-request : ability to set the specialization of these saved characters, and even the specialization of a profile in the arsenal.

Request : ability to save characters that we created (via the arsenal) in a specific subcategory of the editor, in order to be able to place them faster (instead of loading the arsenal and a profile).

sub-request : ability to set the specialization of these saved characters, and even the specialization of a profile in the arsenal.

(and get the saved units available for placing in zeus)

p.s. just to make clear, i'm writing only problems or suggestions, because i can't write all what i like, if do not writing about, any button, symbol or system, mean i like it, fully replacing editor with 3d editor is grand work (and hard, i |guies|1 (the systems is deep inside the game engine |1)) and done great, thank you Bohemia Interactive, each update making game better :),, (wasntme) 'smile , (except new fatigue system, i'm so sorry, but it's horrible  :satisfied:).

I would really love the opportunity to set an interface scaler.  I use a 43" 4k monitor.  The interfaces are massive on my screen, and having the ability to either have more text space for scripting OR to just have the overall dialog box be smaller would be welcome.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add some sort of "mission version management" to 3den where it creates a new mission folder everytime one saves his mission with a progressing version number? This should be of course completely optional and deactivated by default.

testMission.stratis

testMission_v0.01.stratis

testMission_v0.02.stratis

and so on and so forth

• Like 1

Control button for " scaling ".(like shift for turning).

~And ability to set " delete " buttons (just i'm using in zeus as |delete buttons|: |delete| and |b| (it's pretty speeding up work)).
Make when creating assets adding them to selected layer.

! line down from movable assets are not hideable by models under the asset (placing module precise in point on top of ship is problematic).

And should be hideable by water too i guies.

Button for " go here ".

Remember opened " titles ", " sud titles " instead of opening all of them.

Ability to find group by waypoint.

Optional autoscrolling left list to selected entity.

Doesn't looks like " waypoint activation " by triggers are working.

Would be great if missions would save like: c,t,i,0,s,free skripts,Zeus,PWS Arma 3 Extended + (3d).Chernarus

rather: c%2et%2ei%2ep%2e0s,free%20skripts,Zeus,PWS%20Arma%203%20Extended%20+(3d).Chernarus

I'll add some simple ones that have been in just about every mission editor since the 90-early 2000s but are strangely missing from ArmA 3:

1)

Condition: Group X (or unit) Dead

Result: Activate Group Y

Simply put, something is killed, something else spawns. Then add in all of the other common sense stuff. Group or unit X is damaged, then Group Y proceeds to next waypoint. This shouldn't be typed out.

2) All of the above done via a trigger manager. Groups/units have default names, but can be named (as it currently is). When selecting a unit for a condition/result only units in the mission are shown to prevent typos and other common errors. 

3) Waypoints for vehicles which automatically follow roads. Prevents us having to manually place hundreds of waypoints for vehicles to follow roads, which they can't really do properly. LOMAC did this a decade plus ago and that was a flight sim. Not sure why a ground combat came doesn't allow this.

4) Waypoint options which prioritize a unit (or groups) weapon preferences.

5) Mission briefing should look just like it does in game, with the proper formatting. You simply import pictures and type your text. Done.

6) Export mission name should default to the same name as the mission editor name.

7) Vehicles should disclose how many passengers can fit inside of them.

8) Straight forward way of giving the mission designer a way to choose the unit you spawn in. Or perhaps missions with more than one possible player can simple display available units up front rather than forcing you into a unit but that is going off topic.

A couple of quick ones. Still has a long way to go before it is properly usable but at least they're getting to it 3 years post release.

Crew automatically adding to cargo's group, not sure what it is connected to, but it's very unpleasant.

• Like 1

Ability to change animation in editor (to see how it will looks like) (maybe to set it), (set stance).

Somewhere readed, someone writed suggestion: to add multilayer editor; just want to add 1 more voite, if the 3DEN would let few players edit same mission at same time, it would be 'even don't know.how to say', |very, very, very cool| ) . 
~Maybe: auto giving variable names to crew of vehicle with variable name should be optional.
i guies should be option for composition's init field - too rewrite or add to init fields of assets.
Would be great if when unit connected via " set random start " to " area " marker he would spawn randomly in the area.
Ability to know grid coordinates.

Found:

0_159e47_29658db2_orig

(or its because of |entering area| ?).

variable name fields of playable units providing " any ".

After changed coordinates manually:

0_159f77_812067b8_orig

p.s. Love the unability to move asset behind camera, great for closed spaces editing.

• Like 1

However I need my units to be align on a 134 or 314° (alignment of Altis airport).

Good suggestion.

I could imagine something similar to "distribute" tools in Adobe programs. It works like this: All selected items are distributed evenly between the outermost ones. With such a thing it would be a no-brainer to align and distribute units/vehicles/stuff along a line. You just need to set 1 guy at the beginning and the end, select them and the rest of the group and the rest is one button.

Sometimes when you place an object you can make a mistake and it appears thousands of kilometers from where you want it.

You then either have to delete it or try and move it, maybe I've missed a trick but it's a right pain.

If there isn't a simple option there needs to be a way to bring an object back to the current location.

I hope you understand what I'm taking about.

• Like 1

Sometimes when you place an object you can make a mistake and it appears thousands of kilometers from where you want it.

You then either have to delete it or try and move it, maybe I've missed a trick but it's a right pain.

If there isn't a simple option there needs to be a way to bring an object back to the current location.

I hope you understand what I'm taking about.

Are you living under a rock? With 3den there was a new cutting edge technology introduced called undo & redo ;) Should be CTRL + Y/Z depending on where you live.

Undo is fine when you know you made a mistake there and then but 20mins later can be an issue.

The best I found was CTRL +X   delete and copy although it can mess up the naming of the unit which could be important.

First off congrats to the dev team, the 3DEN editor is outstanding. Leaps and bounds ahead of the old editor, thank you for what is a truly splendid tool.

Now just a couple of things from using it over the weekend. 

1) It'd be great to have a nice easy way to link triggers to buildings now that the ObjectID system has been removed/hidden. I know I can probably use nearestobject or something like that, but I feel like this is one area where the new editor has made achieving something more complex rather than easier.

2) I really like that you can select the camo/colours for vehicles in the attributes, and that got me thinking. How about a similar dropdown box which tied into the BIS_fnc_ambientAnim function so I can quickly select an ambient animation for a unit to start the mission with? 

3) Similarly, a stance button for units/groups like in Zeus would be most welcome.

That's all I have for now, oh unless you can find some way for me to get time off work so I can go home and play some more.

• Like 1

Copy and paste on original position i guies do not working.

I would like to see in future

-Dedicated key to switch in between  transformation widget`s (or I am missing this one, I  know space is switching them but it takes few keys press to get to stuff sometimes not really practical)
-Virtual garage on vehicles (same like virtual arsenal, right click on vehicles and edit attributes in virtual garage) 
-A Possibility of the LIVE preview?  Is it possible maybe to get a preview of a mission without playing a unit? Something like Zeus maybe if I place AI and waypoints and want to check are they working that I don't need to go to preview through the loading screen to check them.
- R3vo 3Den enhanced integrated in core editor. (sorry mate but your stuff is soo good I would love to see it in built in :D )
-Setting animations on characters (maybe same like arsenal, right clicking unit and on the bottom there would be animation section then it opens up animation viewer )

And thank you for great work on Eden Devs. Love it :)

I would like to see in future

-Dedicated key to switch in between  transformation widget`s (or I am missing this one, I  know space is switching them but it takes few keys press to get to stuff sometimes not really practical)

-Virtual garage on vehicles (same like virtual arsenal, right click on vehicles and edit attributes in virtual garage) 

-A Possibility of the LIVE preview?  Is it possible maybe to get a preview of a mission without playing a unit? Something like Zeus maybe if I place AI and waypoints and want to check are they working that I don't need to go to preview through the loading screen to check them.

- R3vo 3Den enhanced integrated in core editor. (sorry mate but your stuff is soo good I would love to see it in built in :D )

-Setting animations on characters (maybe same like arsenal, right clicking unit and on the bottom there would be animation section then it opens up animation viewer )

And thank you for great work on Eden Devs. Love it :)

Ability to change animation in editor (to see how it will looks like) (maybe to set it), (set stance).

Somewhere readed, someone writed suggestion: to add multilayer editor; just want to add 1 more voite, if the 3DEN would let few players edit same mission at same time, it would be 'even don't know.how to say', |very, very, very cool| ) . 
~Maybe: auto giving variable names to crew of vehicle with variable name should be optional.
i guies should be option for composition's init field - too rewrite or add to init fields of assets.
Would be great if when unit connected via " set random start " to " area " marker he would spawn randomly in the area.
Ability to know grid coordinates.

Ability to re-map all the control keys please :-) WASD doesn't work for me, so I'm stuck "Zooming in" everywhere to move

you can remap the controls to use WASD.  I never use WASD so I had the same problem you did.  Up top, change controls --  but for some reason they disabled arrow keys!  fix that please I want arrows for movement.

By the way I love the new editor.

-- I want to use arrow keys to navigate -- I never use WASD and arrows are better for me.  I tried remapping to use them but it ignores that.

--  map behavior -- when I double click while adding a layer I dont want to fly to lower left corner of map, I want to stay where I am in map view.

--  I'd prefer icons to bounding boxes for placing buildings (I'm using the editor to pre-locate buildings for a terrain I'm building)

--  Make Terrain Builder work like Eden

I'd like to see a command hint3DEN that would be much like the regular command hint but would actually show up in the editor instead of just playing the sound..

Are there any plans to overhault the function and config viewer to make it better fit into 3den? It currently looks kinda out of place. Additionally it would be greate if we could get some feature like real time search and scrolling sideways etc.

• Like 1

I would like to request the controls for Eden to be like virtual arsenal/Zeus, its so easy to move the camera around, pan, rotate, move from area to area.

I use zeus alot on my server along with Mcc and I almost prefer it over the Eden editor.