adanteh

Eden Feature Requests

Hi!

As the Eden Editor seems want to let us do whatever we want, it could be interesting to be able to set fog very precisly.

You can see here what it looks like :

And the commands here :

https://community.bi..._3_Improved_Fog

We would be able do this if we had those 3 sliders instead of only 1 in the mission configuration.

I agree, would be great.

If they are not implementing this, you can still do it with mod. Not 100% sure, haven't looked into the custom scenario attributes, but if it works the way how the object attributes do, you only need the mod at mission creation.  :)

The only thing that I miss in 3D editor is MODULE INFO thing that showed us the module layout schemes - what and how to place.

And maybe Drag&Drop of units from left-side panel to map

Editor is perfect besides that and It's not missing anything AFAIK.

The only thing that I miss in 3D editor is MODULE INFO thing that showed us the module layout schemes - what and how to place.

And maybe Drag&Drop of units from left-side panel to map

Editor is perfect besides that and It's not missing anything AFAIK.

Descriptions for modules and game logics would be awesome. Actually, the Zeus Modules have proper descriptions.

Anyway, I suggested that a few days ago, but didn't get any response, so no clue whether they will do something about it or not.

I've said it before but it still bugs me every time.

I'd like the init box in the Game Logics to be much bigger so script isn't so hard to read, there's little else in GL's so there's plenty of space to expand it.

Also for some odd reason highlighting  command and pressing F1 doesn't bring up the help menu in logic or modules, also auto complete doesn't work either.

Another little thing is when you place an object in 3D it has a very small pointer to help show direction, this isn't working in 3D but does work in 2D.

At longer distances it's easier to see the direction of the pointer than the unit.

I fixed the bug with missing scripting help in the init field. As for the size, it's not as straightforward, because the same attribute window layout is used also for modules, and they often have custom attributes which you want readily available without much scrolling.

• Like 1

Perhaps this isn't as useful to everyone as it would be for me, but it'd be nice if the amount of cargo + crew slots in a vehicle was shown somewhere. Currently the whole "slots on hover" only shows occupied slots, which you can use to figure out the maximum by filling a vehicle (or you can go check the config if you know the right attributes to look for). It'd just be a nice quality of life improvement though.

It's useful for when you have units starting outside of vehicles and later mounting up, so you know how many vehicles you will need to house them all.

I actually have a lot of other minor usability and quality of life feedback but don't want to seem inconsiderate and just dump it all here at once :D

Is it currently possible to place a EMPTY ammobox?

Even better would be a clear button when editing the contents of something. For some of the boxes it's quite annoying to remove like 20 items with 1 to 50 units each.

• Like 1

Is it currently possible to place a EMPTY ammobox?

Even better would be a clear button when editing the contents of something. For some of the boxes it's quite annoying to remove like 20 items with 1 to 50 units each.

Quick tip for this: Set it to virtual, that way you only need to remove a single instance of each item. Then just set it back to regular. Not ideal, but more manageable.

Possible to add a timer to a WP?  Fly here,wait for x minutes?  And a slider to set a height for hovering helicopters?

My only feature request is a drop down menu that lets you select a animation for unit. 

Given how great the 3D editor is for making scenes for screenshots and movies. It would be great if a menu was added for when you double click a unit that let you set him in a pose or moving animation. 

Just remembered that someone was requesting this

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616737653

Is there a way to align a unit to a trigger? It's hardcore to align vehicles in a different direction that the grid from the map.

Is there a way to align a unit to a trigger? It's hardcore to align vehicles in a different direction that the grid from the map.

What do you exactly mean? I usually use the grid widget and set the distance to 1 to align things properly.

If, for example, all your vehicles are pointing to the north, it will work because the grid of the map is orthogonal to the cardinal points (google translated this one, I mean north, south, east and west). The units will be placed on each intersection of the grid. It works while you don't have a too complicated angle (90°, 45, 15...).

However I need my units to be align on a 134 or 314° (alignment of Altis airport).

If I could place a trigger at 314° and then place the middle of all my units on it, it would be easier that my method for now.

example : 1454785968-ex.png

on the example, the line is the theoretical trigger on which you could align, green dots are easy to place and red are way less easy. The orange length is the separation between 2 units.

my meth(od :

- go somewhere empty (salt lake)

- place all my units facing 0° and align them on the map

- place a trigger pointing 0°, and another one (long enough) pointing the needed direction

- select the 0° trigger and units

- make them turn, ° by °, up to see the 2 triggers align.

- move the result the needed location.

Ok, I didn't understood myself.

Example of what I require :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/05/1454787289-arma3-2016-02-06-20-33-28-52.png

The trigger on the left is A, and B is on the right. In the example, B would be longer, in order to attach all the choppers to it.

I would place my trigger B , place my units and move them on the trigger. The units would attach to the trigger, in order to be sure that they're aligned on an axis.

Then, I place the trigger A on the heli on the left. The left side of the trigger is now attached to the middle of the heli on the left, and I can move the one on the right in order to let it attach to the right side of A. All the helicopters remain attached to B. By adding multiple trigger of the same size than A, and with B, I would be able to align all the units on an axis, and separate them by the same lenght.

=========== EDIT

In fact, "snapping objects to triggers" is clearer than "attach them to this trigger"

Another issue, when I export my mission from Eden to Single or Multiplayer, the render distance seems to be overwritten to ~1600m instead of my actual settings. It doesn't happen with the 2D editor.

Ok, I didn't understood myself.

Example of what I require :

http://image.noelsha...20-33-28-52.png

The trigger on the left is A, and B is on the right. In the example, B would be longer, in order to attach all the choppers to it.

I would place my trigger B , place my units and move them on the trigger. The units would attach to the trigger, in order to be sure that they're aligned on an axis.

Then, I place the trigger A on the heli on the left. The left side of the trigger is now attached to the middle of the heli on the left, and I can move the one on the right in order to let it attach to the right side of A. All the helicopters remain attached to B. By adding multiple trigger of the same size than A, and with B, I would be able to align all the units on an axis, and separate them by the same lenght.

=========== EDIT

In fact, "snapping objects to triggers" is clearer than "attach them to this trigger"

I get you now, it's kinda difficult to align objects to each other if the direction is not exactly north, east, west, south.

I get you now, it's kinda difficult to align objects to each other if the direction is not exactly north, east, west, south.

It's way clearer, formulated this way.

Please preserve camera positioning when moving via middle click on the 2D map or by right click -> go here.

Can anyone of you move a placed weapon, after have changed its orientation?

(i.e. place a weapon, change the angle of this weapon with the rotation widget, move the weapon)

On my side, this weapon will reset its orientation if I move it.

As an ESDF user, I really want proper keybind settings for Eden.

And I'm a numpad user. No key bindings are default in my setup so please make it possible to bind keys in Eden.

(I struggle with Zeus as my forward/backwards also look up/down... Relevant only because Bi should give full control of keybindings).

Could we be able to move weapons,fuel tanks and so on,even if they are attached to a plane?  And "snap to surface" attach it to a Hemmit truck and such.

Make a hoist,and add it to a truck.Would make for a simplified life for modders.thanks

More mouse menu items.RTB for planes,watch sector N-W ,ROE and so on.

Add slots to backpack,drag-n-drop scripts onto items.

Add scripts to depot,search for them with keywords.