adanteh

Eden Feature Requests

I haven't tested it, but in 2D editor if we have a group and they are "In formation" no matter who i move the units, when they get initialized they will be in formation. This is good, but i thing in Eden it would be better if:

A:

If we break the formation(eg. move one soldier) the "In formation" settings should reset.

If we open the property window and we set the "In formation" property, the units should be re positioned to the formation position.

B:

If "In formation" property is set, then we should not able to move units alone.

• Ability to drag-and-drop soldiers/groups directly from the left-side panel... so you could instantly change their position with one mouseclick from any position without having to care where they were previously

Change ammobox/vehicle loadouts in EDEN (Zeus function)

Module info showing connections between modules and description on how to use it (Visit old editor > Modules)

Make new mission Preview/Play/Test mission mode called "Play scenario as Zeus"..which will start the mission with Zeus interface at the camera position you were in EDEN editor and also add "Play from here as Zeus" to right-click context menu

Death should not be the end in editor - Ability to play as Zeus or at least spectator after dying to watch mission flow even afterwards

Some hotkey to synchronize objects (Ctrl+Shift+Click maybe?)

Add "Unlimited ammo" function under "Object Special States" a because you never know when you will need moaar ammo

There should be ability to pick shape (Square/Circle) for all Placement radius and other radiuses and also give all of them visual indication on map and 3D

More things in intel - More fog settings, more weather settings, more diplomacy settings - maybe even diplomacy between single factions, respawns... and also more detailed descriptions of weather, image indications...not just Weather and % slider..

Placement of markers in 3D environment with possibility to show/hide them in 3D

Auto-grouping near objects should have options to disable it for grouping between enemy-friendly or possibility to disable it completely

Filtering options in Assets browser - like Hide/Show DLC units, specific mod units, etc...

Ability to change unit stance - force unit to lay/sit down on the beggining of the mission

Compositions

-creating custom compositions

-publishing into the steam workshop

-subscription to compositions

-addon dependency icon

This would help us to share them and make missions even faster. ;)

Edit: As I see ruebe already suggested it. Big UP!

In splendid camera you can get any object name by selecting it, even for preplaced map specific objects, that would BE SO USEFUL in Eden.

Would it be possible to reintroduce unit placement by LMB double clicking? Like in 2D editor?

It would be nice if we can sort the placed objects in the left Entities-window.  

An essential addition to the placeable objects library would be the terrain objects that are not selectable by default (trees, roads, buildings, etc.).

Being able to place Virtual Arsenal load-outs from Zeus directly within EDen.

I think everyone wants the ability to change load-outs from within the editor. This would also include changing the inventory of any object that has an inventory. At the moment, you have to do all this changing with scripts that are initiated at the beginning of the game.

• Like 1

everyone

Including me ;)

It's definitely planned, but we it won't be implemented in the next few weeks. Right now, our priority is to finish custom layers, and then we have a lovely task of adding many description.ext properties straight to the editor while still maintaining backward compatibility :)

• Like 3

Including me ;)

It's definitely planned, but we it won't be implemented in the next few weeks. Right now, our priority is to finish custom layers, and then we have a lovely task of adding many description.ext properties straight to the editor while still maintaining backward compatibility :)

This looks already awesome.

Offhand, I can only think of two things that I'd like to have added to the editor (2D or 3D);

First, a new group " formation " that I'll call "scattered", where the units will dispe rse, move and fight in a random pattern, within a predefined distance of the leader.

Second, a "kamakazi" waypoint that forces a unit to advance regardless of enemy fire. The unit should use moving fire as it advances, and only use aimed fire and/or cover after an enemy unit is within a definable distance from the assaulting unit.

And I'll agree with others who posted above me in that we should have access to buildings and other large structures as well.

One last request;

PLEASE, include a manual for the less skilled mission editors like me.

A lot of folks that enjoy coming up with new missions, aren't computer experts that know all the commands or undrerstand the proper syntax to use them.

We are not a script writers

Some of the MODULES, as an example, are still a mystery to me. That is; I can use most of them, but only in the most basic way.

Constantly searching the forums for help can be time consuming and frustrating. While a lot of the folks do help...some seem to take pride in putting down anyone less gifted.

And the wiki can be damn cryptic for some of us...

So again...PLEASE...give us something to help us properly use the tools you gave to us.

BI and a proper manual... now that's what I call dreaming.

In all seriousness, the state of BI's documentation today has much improved over the years. kupcho, I think instead of viewing the lack of information as discouraging, view it as a right of passage. To be a true mission editor, you gotta get your hands dirty and explore. Just wait until you try and worry about JIP issues.... mind explosion!

Now that there's CTRL + Z to revert your recent changes, you can bravely experiment with the 'click and see' approach. That way, you'll spot you couldn't have imagined done in the editor before ;)

• Like 1

About manual - there's already ingame system for tutorials, and while there are only two introductory ones there, we're planning to expand it further as we get closer to the release.

You may also be interested in the Community Wiki page, where I'll be also adding detailed descriptions. Right now, we have to divide our attention between documenting what's done and analyzing and implementing what's planned, so the state of documentation will remain work in progress for some time.

An option to include specifik addons, Was playing around with it and could not find any of the military cargo structures AT ALL the only way for me to get a specified one was to put down one of the template bases found in group -> empty and drag the item i wanted to where i wanted oit and deleting the rest.

Including me ;)

YES cant wait for an implemented Arsenal in Eden!!

Hello, I am missing a lot of objects in props. For example fences, lamps, buildings, ect. Why is the object list so different form zeus. Anyone? :(

Hello, I am missing a lot of objects in props. For example fences, lamps, buildings, ect. Why is the object list so different form zeus. Anyone? :(

I'm certain that more and more objects will be added to 3den.

The ability to snap object to the ground is really usefull !

To be able to easily put textures on terrain, could we have the equivalent of the UserTexture1m_F object that would be horizontally aligned by default (ie an additionnal object, not changing the current one that has its own uses).

Thx !

Hi there.

Hopefully this wasn't mentioned before 'cause I didn't really follow the conversations here... so please forgive me if someone already talked about this.

But my suggestion would be to implement an option to edit the stance of units like it's possible with zeus.

Maybe this could just easily be copied from there?

Another thing I found out today about the eden 3d editor is that I can't place objects below 0 feet.

So when it comes to trenches for example it would be very useful to be able to go below 0 feet when placing them on the ground.

I'd love to have these options without the need of editing this by adding init lines.

As far as my understanding goes I'd say that Eden was made to easier things and give people the ability to edit their missions much faster because of it's comfort.

So this could be a small but significantly improvement imo.

- Best regards -

Haven't tryed the Alpha / Beta of the Editor. But should be nice to have the hability to place the buildings that are done with smaller parts (Hospital, Ghost Hotel, Airport...) with some kind of automatic adjust of the diferent parts...

Whould be very handfull  IMHO to be able to see unit engage distance, spotting distance and skill. I mean there should be some button so when you press it you have those values visualized in some kind of circles ( for engage distance ). For example if you place some static weapon on the hill you may check how far it may spot or engage targets. Or for AA soldiers - when you place some AA patrol then you may visually check how big area they cover for defence and so on.

• Like 1

I'd like the ability to disable a layer so that any units or objects ect won't appear in preview, this would make testing much easier.

Markers that are placed on a layer should also have an option to remain visible rather than vanish when you click a new object

Compositions are also only visible when selected or the camera is close by, there needs to be an option to keep them visible.