sigaPrimo

Eden Editor - Question/Suggestion

Hello guys.

First of all, thanks for the addition. It will be a very useful tool for us who edit and create game modes.

Well, that said, i would like to begin with a suggestion which already exists in Zeus, that is the customizable crate/container/ammobox.

While i was checking on Eden, i didn't find any means to do it like we do with Zeus, can only do that like it is on the 2D editor.

Could that be possible? A way to create a custom ammobox with the Eden?

Thanks for reading, and again, thanks for the incredible tool you're developing.

I'm not sure whether this will become the main feedback thread. In any case, I'll just leave my first few observations here. The editor is an awesome piece of work already and certainly one of the greatest additions to the series in the history of Arma.

So, feedback:

• A copypasted object does not have the same height as the one it is copied from.
  • The snapping does not work with the metal shelf (4 racks). And manually adjusted objects tend to fall down or stuck in the middle of the metal rack when previewing the mission.
  • It's very hard to edit at night. There is night vision which helps but after previewing and going back to eden, you have to re-activate it.
  • Snapping on walls would be great. It is a lot easier to place user textures (for posters for example) on walls now but it still requires manual efforts and adjustments.
  • When I entered 'camping lantern' into the search field I was able to find the Camping Lantern (Off) but not the regular Camping Lantern.
  • Objects are spawned under the cursor target. I was working inside a tent and when the mouse cursor was point to the tent's wall, placed items would spawn outside and I had to drag them back in.
  • When I first opened Eden, I got a few error messages:
    21:05:09 Error loading control config.bin/Display3DEN/Controls/PanelLeft/
    21:05:09 Error loading control config.bin/Display3DEN/Controls/PanelRight/
    21:05:10 Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.BIS_US'.

• Like 1

How about using the huge blank area at the bottom of the logic window for a note pad.

Even better if it could be linked to a text file so you would have it load all your favourite snippets  inside the game. 

Maybe it could also double as a second init box  by use of a tick box that would allow much easier reading and editing of more complex code code that's hard to read in the smaller init box.

setObjectTexture not working for me in Eden but works fine in 2d still.

EDIT:Nevermind works fine.

Im dubm :blink:

• Like 1

How about using the huge blank area at the bottom of the logic window for a note pad.

I mostly just use the debug console's execute window for a notepad (press the ` key in EDEN). Whatever you write in there stays there until you delete it, even after you close the game and start a new session.

On related note, why doesn't the console have 'tabs' or something similar? So we could have multiple separate commands ready to execute?

There's already 4 watch fields, why not 4 tabs too? It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, right?

On related note, why doesn't the console have 'tabs' or something similar? So we could have multiple separate commands ready to execute?

There's already 4 watch fields, why not 4 tabs too? It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, right?

Tabs and defnitely more watch fields, we need both.

CBA already brings a nice refined debug console where you can switch back to earlier commands. But not everyone wants to develop with CBA, its extended EHs sometimes break stuff for me.

I would love to see the ability to customize a weapon you place down, so like, you double click it, and than a little UI pops up and there you can set attachements for the weapon for instance a bipod. In the case of bipods i think there must be an option to have the bipod deployed so you can have the gun resting on the stock and the bipod.

It would also be nice that when you place a vehicle down, you can select if the doors are opened or closed.

It's compatible for the Multiplayer ? 

Yes, the Eden Editor is for Singleplayer and Multiplayer mission creation

I would love to see the ability to customize a weapon you place down, so like, you double click it, and than a little UI pops up and there you can set attachements for the weapon for instance a bipod. In the case of bipods i think there must be an option to have the bipod deployed so you can have the gun resting on the stock and the bipod.

The answer will for characters be presumably determined by eventual Arsenal integration... or did you mean for weapon holder objects?

It would also be nice that when you place a vehicle down, you can select if the doors are opened or closed.

This would require that the vehicles have their door animations to be enabled in the first place, which I'm not convinced were done across the board...

@Chortles

What i mean is that you place a weapon down (which you can find under empty), and then you double click on the weapon, and than a little window pops up and gives you the ability to customize the weapon.

I've noticed the same thing on Eden Editor,

but can't even find where I'm also dumb  :(

Ä°f  Eden editor come the Arma 3  what will  happen to Zeus editor? delete?

I really think it would be great if they could add the ability to customize terrain, like add a blank map you can start from in the editor and then be able to customize the terrain (add hills and water etc.) I realize that would be a lot of work to do but I think it would really make creating custom maps so much easier, you wouldn't even need to use the community tools to do it anyone you could create and customize a completely original map all within the game itself.

Ä°f Eden editor come the Arma 3 what will happen to Zeus editor? delete?

Zeus will not be deleted. They are different "things".

Sent from my iPhone so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Right now, The Eden Editor is complete garbage. It constantly crashes, I mean constantly. Now they are going to force this broken crap on us, AND get rid of the tried and true 2D Editor? My question is: Why is the Eden editor so unstable, and my suggestion is to get rid of it and do not release it UNTIL IT WORKS.

Zeus will not be deleted. They are different "things".

Sent from my iPhone so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

are you sure about deleting or not deleting!

I play Eden editor more than anything else with ARMA 3. The current version is great. Some suggestions for future updates are:

1. The ability for the player to customize AI positions. For example if I want to place an AI sniper on a roof or something similar, I don't want him

standing up but currently this is the only option. There is only two more positions needed. Kneeling and prone.

2. It would be great to have a total number of enemy killed notification through current map view. Not just amount you killed as a player.

3. A replay option to be able to watch how scenarios unfold afterwards from different perspectives including individual enemy's.

I may add more in the future.

Right now, The Eden Editor is complete garbage. It constantly crashes, I mean constantly. Now they are going to force this broken crap on us, AND get rid of the tried and true 2D Editor? My question is: Why is the Eden editor so unstable, and my suggestion is to get rid of it and do not release it UNTIL IT WORKS.

I disagree. It's a huge improvement from the 2D editor once you get the hang of it. It's still early days too. And they aren't getting rid of the 2D editor for a long time as they clearly stated, to allow people to get use to the new 3D editor.

Hmm what did you do wrong? Because I can't get it to work. My picture dosen't show in Eden but it works in the 2D editor when I use this line in a User Texture Sign:

this setObjectTexture [0, "pics\briefing.jpg"];

Hey all, I'm a noob with a question and not able to start new link so I hope someone can help. I have seen videos and people placing bunkers and other item that my editor does not show in the assets, how can I populate the editor? I have enabled all mods that I have available and I can see maps and the zombies and stuff like that but the stock assets from arma are not there. Im lost so any help would be good. :)