serjames

EDEN - Questions

I need a little help with a small script issue I'm having. I'm trying to be able to collect multiple pieces of intel one by one. Such as a map, photos and so on.

So far the script below works fine on its own but when I add more of the same script for the other pieces of intel, either it picks them up all up on a loop or picks up one piece and leaves the rest.

How do I separate it for the different pieces? Am I missing something? 

player switchmove "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_gear_AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon";
sleep 0.5;
deletevehicle intel;

I've a problem when edit a mission, in 3d editor play a scenario with mods and then open zeus but i dont have any unit about mods. Nevertheless in 2d editor when open zeus i have all units, i dont understand this.

Sorry for my english is very poor.

Why ?????

Why make available something that does'nt work ??
I load a old mission 2D in Eden, everything works, i can rotate, move in X, Y, Z axis, etc ...
I run a preview, not problems. I'll be back in Eden 3D, and there, nothing works !!! No movements, just put unity's, vehicles, but can't move !

I made missions every weeks and I did not want to spend every time in multiplayer for that....
Moreover, once you edit a 2D mission in Eden 3D, it's no longer usable. Unable to reuse in 2D editor !!!

I haven't got a clue how to create missions or mod etc, i can only manage to place things on the map then play it. But i was wondering if a simple grass removal tool could be added to the editor?

I hate putting down a medic tent for example, only to see that the grass and small bushes are popping up through the floor. It completely breaks realism when you are playing the game.

Perhaps even automatically hide grass when a building is placed there so nothing shows up through the floor?

Would be awesome to have terrain editing tools like in Sim City 4 available in Eden! Even if all they did was flatten land so as to put buildings on (not flatten hills or moutains or anything), remove/add grass/trees etc. Just simple edits to the default map that don't change the terrain too much.

I want to learn how to make missions now the 3d Eden tool has been given to us, and this is stuff i think would be awesome.

• Like 1

Moreover, once you edit a 2D mission in Eden 3D, it's no longer usable. Unable to reuse in 2D editor !!!

Erm, that's what the mission.sqmbackup is for...

I haven't got a clue how to create missions or mod etc, i can only manage to place things on the map then play it. But i was wondering if a simple grass removal tool could be added to the editor?

I hate putting down a medic tent for example, only to see that the grass and small bushes are popping up through the floor. It completely breaks realism when you are playing the game.

Perhaps even automatically hide grass when a building is placed there so nothing shows up through the floor?

Would be awesome to have terrain editing tools like in Sim City 4 available in Eden! Even if all they did was flatten land so as to put buildings on (not flatten hills or moutains or anything), remove/add grass/trees etc. Just simple edits to the default map that don't change the terrain too much.

I want to learn how to make missions now the 3d Eden tool has been given to us, and this is stuff i think would be awesome.

Search for grass cutters. It should in the helpers category.

• Like 2

Search for grass cutters. It should in the helpers category.

Thanks! Up to now what I've been doing is putting helipads down, which takes the grass away, then putting the medical tent over them.

The issue I'm having is trying to work out how to use the or/and logic, I used to use logic with a waypoint placed on it and several triggers linked to it. I found it easier than having to check triggeractivation  and if you wanted to add more you just linked them.

I would like to ask Arma 3 Eden developers, that it will be possible to fix issue, that now adding waypoints to game logic is not working with 3den editor? Game logic WP are working fine only on old 2D editor. When i want to export my old mission to 3den WP disappears. 

.... did they ever work out how to change the movment keys ? I still cannot seem to be able to map my chosen movement keys (cursor Keys). At the same time WASD still doesn't work in the 3D editor for me... Assumably as it's not mapped in any of my schemes.

Anyone got cursors to work ?

Is there a way to have all folders start in their collapsed state in the "open mission" dialog?  It's a mess trying to sort through dozens of expanded folders.

Why in the world can't we edit the new 3d mission sqm? Why isn't it just normal text?

Everything about Eden is great. Except that.

Typical BI.

Why in the world can't we edit the new 3d mission sqm? Why isn't it just normal text?

Everything about Eden is great. Except that.

Typical BI.

Just disable the sqm binarization.

I did. It still imports old 2D mission sqms in binary. It was also selected by default.

If you want your mission sqms binarized you should have to dig for that setting.

So I am not new to Arma. But I am new to mission making. I can do some stuff in Zeus, but in my 900 hours I haven't gotten around to much editing. Is there any way that a friend of mine and I can work on editing the same mission together. We can use LAN so we don't have to deal with a server, but I do have a server if that is the way it has to work. I don't care if the solution requires a mod/mods, or requires me to go find files or something as long as you explain where to find them I'm sure I can do it. Thank you for your help.

Only way I know of to use something like teamviewer (have your arma set to windowed) and share your screen with your friend and have them walking you through things.

Everything seems a little easier to do in eden as far as setting up units and such, I'm not so sure about mods yet though

I had a mission and when I loaded it up it deleted all the objects. Two weeks of work gone. Any help?

"Independent faction friendly/hostile" function seems to be removed from the "Intel" section, where can I find it now?

Hi - just in case you haven't found this (took me a while) it's under Attributes, general, misc and it's Independents Allegiance. It's marked as either shaking hands or crossed swords.

Hope it helps - it was driving me nuts;-)

Hi all

I search a solution to see the ID of the object on map

On 2D Editor I have a "ID" button for enable or desable looking id

I don't see the same on 3D EDEN Editor 

can you help me? please

Hi all

I search a solution to see the ID of the object on map

Don't have a specific link on hand ATM, but there was an official response to this question where they have specifically said that the feature was being removed as they couldn't ensure that IDs would remain the same from build to build and therefore any code that relied on hard coded ID would break.

Currently the functionality is still available in the 2D editor, but it will never be added back to the 3D Eden editor. With the 2D editor scheduled to go away soonâ„¢, you should treat it as depricated and try to find an alternative.

For removing grass you can use the grass cutter found in the helper objects catagory.

For removing buildings you can place an object (i.e. invisible helipad) over the building and use init code:

hideObjectGlobal nearestBuilding this;

For removing othe objects that have class names you can use the same as buildings.

I haven't found an alternative for removing objects that don't have a class name (i.e. shrubs and trees, etc.).

• Like 1

Hi all.

I have a similar issue.

I made a mission on the Eden, with RHS and some more mods. I saved the mission to documents/user/mpmission and packed it with "pbo-manager"... then I upload the mission to the server of my milsim group, and the roles in the join room, didn't appear... 

Someone knows what's the problem?

Thanks so much.

1.60 brought me a totally oversized UI in Eden. I'm running a 16:9 1440p monitor and set my interface size to "small". However, this does not seem to have any effect on Eden's interface size. I briefly went through the graphics options, Eden preferences, and Tutorials but couldn't find anything related. Would anyone happen to know how I can get the Eden interface to scale a bit smaller?

Screenshot:

20160530182602_1sbsn1.jpg

• Like 1

Can anyone help me with my broken mission? Im a noob at this, I created a mission to the best of my abilities but the briefing doesnt show up, the red square isnt working so it shwos the whole map not a small portion and im getting loads of errors help!

https://www.justbeamit.com/9se88

Hello.

Is there a way to save an asset that i edited in Eden, changed the arsenal, face and name for example and anything making it worth saving it. So i can use it again with easy access (appears in the list of assets in Eden or Zeus) and no addons (if possible).