serjames

EDEN - Questions

When i use some user created stuff like cars, skins etc. people still need to download them befor to play the mission?

Is it possible to link a Trigger to a building? In the old editor it was possible. I would like to use it, to check if a building was destroyed, for updating a task.

When i use some user created stuff like cars, skins etc. people still need to download them befor to play the mission?

Yes, others still need to download those addons you've used.

Just tried messing with the layers and it seems a little odd.

As far as I can tell to make a layer you click on the little file and then have to drag the item from the menu to the layer.

Any new stuff added isn't added to the layer but will need to be dragged again from the menu.

Wouldn't it make sense to be able to select the layer and then all new stuff is automatically add to that layer until it's turned off.

Also again I don't know if this is possible but it may be useful if a layer could be enabled or disabled from within preview  so if enemy are on one layer you can simply turn them off for testing.

Will there be a new method of removing map objects (buildings)?, cause the ID option which is in the 2d editor is non existent in the 3d editor.  I was just wondering if there will be a new system to replace that added in time to the 3d editor ?, cause in many of my missions ive made on 2d editor i have relied on using the ID option to remove buildings.

Here is example of my work with removing buildings using the ID option  

Luger that looks amazing... is the template / mission available to share - would be great to do a TvT there.... let us know

How do I toggle the isometric '2D' view in Eden? Sometimes it seems to change back and forth spontaneously, both in my game and in the few videos on Youtube.

I see that Vertical Mode keybinding and menu option, but it doesn't actually do anything.

How do I toggle the isometric '2D' view in Eden? Sometimes it seems to change back and forth spontaneously, both in my game and in the few videos on Youtube.

I see that Vertical Mode keybinding and menu option, but it doesn't actually do anything.

Press M for map.

The vertical mode is for controlling how the object's altitude is handled. It either stays relative to sea level or the terrain beneath it when you drag it around.

Any reason when adding a Composition it only shows in the Eden 2dMap until you close the menu list.

The only way you can find it again is use the go to option which just moves the camera, then if you move the camera to a new location you can't see the Composition anymore.

Is the author field in the Attributes -> General menu working or am I just doing something wrong?  When I put my name in it, it shows up as "Unknown Community Author" on the mission loading screen.  When I open up the mission.sqm file, it looks like the author attribute was never written to it, even though I see the other attributes I've added ("briefingName, overviewText, onLoadMission).  When I create a description.ext file with the author field in it everything works fine.  I don't see anything on the feedback tracker about it but I am wondering if it's a bug.  I wanted to check with the community to see if it's just something I'm doing wrong as I'm fairly new to this.  If you want to see what I'm talking about there are screenshots here and here illustrate it.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm a beginner in the editing work of missions, so far everything went very well using the 2D editor. Install the Eden editor and began my problems, I describe step by step what I've done so that everything is clear:

First attempt

1. I have a mission made previously with the 2D editor and i export to Eden version, I made some changes and save. Previsualized in multiplayer and everything was fine.  I  export  with the exporter to multiplayer, opened port and everything you need as I always do and not working does not leave me even choose to play the role.

2. Check the folder mission and that's the folder that corresponds to my mission and the only file that is inside is mission.sqm.

3. Check the mpmission folder is empty.

4. Previously after editing a mission in the 2D editor,misión.sqm is generated and I added the VAS folder and this files description.ext strigtable.xml. That was enough to play multiplayer with friends

Second try

1. I did a completely new mission in Eden Editor, save, export to multiplayer and again not even let me choose the role.

2. Check the folder mission and that's the folder that corresponds to my mission and the only file that is inside is mission.sqm.

Please help how to export and generate new missions in Eden that can be played in multiplayer. Thank you. Excuse me for my bad english.

Hi, I'm a beginner in the editing work of missions, so far everything went very well using the 2D editor. Install the Eden editor and began my problems, I describe step by step what I've done so that everything is clear:

First attempt

1. I have a mission made previously with the 2D editor and i export to Eden version, I made some changes and save. Previsualized in multiplayer and everything was fine.  I  export  with the exporter to multiplayer, opened port and everything you need as I always do and not working does not leave me even choose to play the role.

4. Previously after editing a mission in the 2D editor,misión.sqm is generated and I added the VAS folder and this files description.ext strigtable.xml. That was enough to play multiplayer with friends

Second try

1. I did a completely new mission in Eden Editor, save, export to multiplayer and again not even let me choose the role.

Please help how to export and generate new missions in Eden that can be played in multiplayer. Thank you. Excuse me for my bad english.

To be honest, I wouldn't bother with it atm. 3den will be released "soon" and until then, exporting missions is not 100% supported.

On a note to the previous, sometimes the controls bug out, and you need to alt-tab out and back to be able to move the camera. It happens a lot to me!

Hey. I want to set off charges when the player shoots a generator is there a a script I can use for that? The mission Im making is a sniper mission where the user is tasked with blowing up a complex by destroying key "explosive" structures eg. the generator, cistern, etc. 

Hi, there is a little problem with helis/planes in the new Editor. The problem is when I set heli not higher than 15 (or 20, I'm not sure) meters, it appears with switched off engine and then fall on the surface. I tried "engineOn" but it didn't help, cause it starting on minimal RPM. Can anyone help me with this problem? I'll be grateful.

Anyone knows how to synchronize modules to soldiers? It used to be F5 in 2d editor but I have no idea about Eden.

I'm talking in particular about support options.

Guys, before asking the same question over and over again, check out the wiki.

Eden Editor

Is the author field in the Attributes -> General menu working or am I just doing something wrong?  When I put my name in it, it shows up as "Unknown Community Author" on the mission loading screen.  When I open up the mission.sqm file, it looks like the author attribute was never written to it, even though I see the other attributes I've added ("briefingName, overviewText, onLoadMission).  When I create a description.ext file with the author field in it everything works fine.  I don't see anything on the feedback tracker about it but I am wondering if it's a bug.  I wanted to check with the community to see if it's just something I'm doing wrong as I'm fairly new to this.  If you want to see what I'm talking about there are screenshots here and here illustrate it.

I'm having the same issue. I think its a bug.

It's a bug, I would post the feedback tracker link, but it's currently down.

Hey all, I'm a newbie to mission making, more into it now that it's easier to see what I'm actually doing. Can someone please explain to me how to create a simple respawn within the new editor. I've tried looking at tutorials but I can't find the steps for the new editor.

Also how do I give V-Arsenal access to all weapons and so on to players?

Much appreciated for the advice!

Im just wondering does the Eden Editor read mission code? like .sqf,.hpp etc.? My mission doesn't work in MP with code but once I remove said code it works again, this is a massive issue.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Scenario_Attributes#Multiplayer

For respawn check out this link. The respawn options can be found in the scenario attribute in the multiplayer category.

That's what I don't get, what am I supposed to do with the code. Is it just make a .ext text doc and thats it? 

Update: Never mind I got it now! :) it was actually quite simple! Thanks for your help!

Read what I posted again. The respawn options can be found in the Attribute window in the multiplayer section.

Im just wondering does the Eden Editor read mission code? like .sqf,.hpp etc.? My mission doesn't work in MP with code but once I remove said code it works again, this is a massive issue.

Works just like the old editor.  You're doing something wrong.

Read what I posted again. The respawn options can be found in the Attribute window in the multiplayer section.

Works just like the old editor.  You're doing something wrong.

noted its been fixed now