serjames

EDEN - Questions

So how do I move the camera around.. I use Arrow keys to move, not WASD - works fine for ZEUS, but doesn't seem to work in EDEN - can I set the controls somewhere ?

The controls seem to be the same as in the Splendid Cam. WASD for X, Y movement and QY for Z axis. Shift for fast, right mouse button to change the angle.

hmmm, not working for me :-(

Where do you set "splendid keys"

Try clicking on the tutorials tab....top right ;)

Nope tried WASD and it doesn't work.. I've dropped off a feedback tracker.

SJ

WASD works for me... have you tried the config settings at the top of the screen

Check Settings / Controls in the Editor and see if WASD as are still mapped with Infantry Movement

Just had a CTD when altering an object's Z axis pos lower than 0 to the relative terrain height (Stratis). No mods. Not sure why :D

Suggestions? 

• Make pasted objects inherit Z-axis settings, not only the angle of the CTRL+C object. In many cases, if I copy an object, I want its all pos coords to stay the same ;)
  • Will it be possible to add custom locations to the 'Locations of Interest' list?

That's all for now :)

No I don't use WASD - my infantry movement is mapped to Arrow keys.

Any one know how to place a flying chopper, I set height to 100 and flyinheight but it falls from the sky.

Never mind you search for an hour and the second you make a post you find it.

Crap, now the option seems to be missing again.

It might be a stupid question but I missed the part in the stream where they told us how to rotate objects on all axes (flipping a car for example). I've tried several buttons and keyboard combinations to no avail. And I wasn't able to find it in the turorials either. Does anyone now the keys to rotate and object on all axes?

IIRC there is no shortcut yet, they did it through Attributes menu.

You mean by double clicking the object and entering the values manually? I've tried that. But everytime you move the object after changing the XYZ rotation, it will set the object back to 0,0,0.

It might be a stupid question but I missed the part in the stream where they told us how to rotate objects on all axes (flipping a car for example). I've tried several buttons and keyboard combinations to no avail. And I wasn't able to find it in the turorials either. Does anyone now the keys to rotate and object on all axes?

You can't from what I could tell. Rotation axis stuff on the toolbar is labeled as "Not yet implemented". I believe they also mentioned it on stream as one of the missing things to be implemented next.

You mean by double clicking the object and entering the values manually? I've tried that. But everytime you move the object after changing the XYZ rotation, it will set the object back to 0,0,0.

It doesn't reset if you move it with "vectors" in Translation tool :)

It's not much of a problem to enter it manually. (Still a lot better than scripting it.) But I saw tilted objects already in Eden screenshots. And with that automatic reset after moving the object you'd need to foresee its exact position in 3D space before entering the XYZ rotation.

Translation tool? I'm currently not in Arma 3 but I'll make sure to check it later, thanks!

Or whatever it was called, the second tool in toolbar, just before the disabled Rotation tool (or switch between them with Space).

Actually there is experimental feature for not touching current rotation when you move the object. It is just not yet finished.  if you would like to test it out anyway it is possible by folowing steps:

1. Save your mission where you want to enable this feature

2. Open saved mission SQM in your favorit text editor

3. Search for folowing entry: EditorData >> toggles

4. Add 16 to number which is there (if there is 1 make it 17)

5. Load the mission in editor

And that is it! You have forced editor not to touch your up vector when you are moving stuf around  ;) Just be aware that this is unfinished possible broken in some cases and not much tested feature. That is why it is hidden right now ;)

Actually there is experimental feature for not touching current rotation when you move the object. It is just not yet finished.  if you would like to test it out anyway it is possible by folowing steps:

1. Save your mission where you want to enable this feature

2. Open saved mission SQM in your favorit text editor

3. Search for folowing entry: EditorData >> toggles

4. Add 16 to number which is there (if there is 1 make it 17)

5. Load the mission in editor

And that is it! You have forced editor not to touch your up vector when you are moving stuf around  ;) Just be aware that this is unfinished possible broken in some cases and not much tested feature. That is why it is hidden right now ;)

Thank you, kind Bohemian Sir!

That strangely reminds me of tingling with game configs when I was 12 or so to enable cheats and such. :D I'll make sure to try it out and it's not a big problem anyway. I can always pick up these little details later when Eden had a few updates.

Are we going to see improved mechanics in the realm of tasks/missions/objectives? Right now I feel that I have to sacrifice a chicken to the gods of voodoo in order to get tasking to work in MP. And when it does work, it's not easy.

Are we going to see improved mechanics in the realm of tasks/missions/objectives? Right now I feel that I have to sacrifice a chicken to the gods of voodoo in order to get tasking to work in MP. And when it does work, it's not easy.

Use a task tracker like Varanon's FHQ Task Tracker or Shuko's SHK_Taskmaster instead of doing it manually. You might have an extra initial learning effort to do, but in the long run, this is much easier than doing it by hand.

Varanon also expressed his intention to try and integrate his FHQ Task Tracker into Eden once details are available for modding it.

• Like 1

Use a task tracker like Varanon's FHQ Task Tracker or Shuko's SHK_Taskmaster instead of doing it manually. You might have an extra initial learning effort to do, but in the long run, this is much easier than doing it by hand.

Varanon also expressed his intention to try and integrate his FHQ Task Tracker into Eden once details are available for modding it.

There's no default Task Manager implemented into the game yet, I assume? That's pretty sad. Hopefully, BIS will take on this. It's a much needed feature.

Great news on Eden editor BIS.

Now to my question. Will it be possible to place units eg. In fortified prone positions and export the totality of units and objects they are using for cover into a script format for use later using Eden? Something similar to arsenal exporting today.

The precise placement is fantastic in the Editor but I want to be able to spawn precisely in my missions as well.

Thanks and keep up the good work.