Sign in to follow this  
Adacas

Need help retexturing _NOHQ to HD 4K texture

Hey so I'm working on unit mod and the soldiers I'm recreating are using CIRAS vest's. I took the model from Jonnys A1 US Special Forces sample models. Problem is that the vest texture is only 1/4 of texture thats 2048x2048 so the quality is very low to Arma 3 standarts. And all the textures that I'm doing are done in 4096x4096 so it is unacceptable for me. Problem is that I don't know how to draw normal maps. I used photoshops plugin to create normal maps for small parts but the whole vest just doesn't work at all for me. All I need is improved _NOHQ texture the _CO I will create myself to suit my needs but I left original picture as refrence

Here is the link to .psd file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B79Ro6sXNypFT3huN2NpM3hPNms/view?usp=sharing

Problem is that the vest texture is only 1/4 of texture thats 2048x2048

I find it extremely wastefull to put 4096 on Arma 1 Models when not even Arma 3 uses 4096. Arma 1 Models look dated, so slapping a 4096 texture on it is like trying to polish dirt.

NOHQ's for organic models are made by first making a high poly model and then baking the information. You will have little chance of doing that properly by drawing from scratch... There are tools to draw normalmaps, such as NDO, but that won't help you make a normalmap from scratch for an organic model.

It won't be from scratch. There is base _NOHQ it just needs to be redone. Regarding texture size 2048 could work for me but diffrence between 2k and 4k texture is huge for me personally

At common game distances it gets replaced via mipmaps down to 2048 or lower while still eating quadrouple the video ram.

Not true. Imagination, knowledge of used program, understang of normal maps, and a normal map plugin. Easily made from scratch. I use PS and do not know if gimp allows plugins though, majority of my soar project has made from scratch normals

• Like 1

Not true. Imagination, knowledge of used program, understang of normal maps, and a normal map plugin. Easily made from scratch. I use PS and do not know if gimp allows plugins though, majority of my soar project has made from scratch normals

I'm also working with photoshop. So could you help me out or atleast give info on how to do it?

DL a program called xNormal. Has a PS plugin that will install automatically

What in particular are you attempting to create normals for?

DL a program called xNormal. Has a PS plugin that will install automatically

What in particular are you attempting to create normals for?

So this is the result from my first attempt. Still some fixing needs to be done

2015_09_23_00002.jpg

Whoever said it is not possible. 

2015_09_24_00005.jpg2015_09_24_00010.jpg

2015_09_24_00008.jpg