Piratebear

Command Menu - "Disembark" is still a quick option

Since the dawn of time, at least since Arma 2, the high-priority "Disembark" command for AI subordinates has been a pain for people trying to use the already flawed AI, since it replaces more useful and commonly used commands, such as "Move There" or "Attack" as first highlighted quick-command.

It is the end of 2015 now. It's been years and the most useful thing that Arma suggests AI personnel to do with vehicles is to exit them (and die), which speaks volumes about how well the AI is considered to handle itself.

We can already disembark all AI crew by pressing 4-1 at any time. No need for a suggested hot slot. Telling AI to move, however, is relatively useful. Because it makes the AI move.

Fix this?

Edit: Especially because AI cannot be told to enter disembarked vehicles again unless the leader is physically in the same area. Babysitting simulator 3.

Edited by lootfragg

The only options to exit a vehicle is "DISEMBARK" and "EJECT" (found by selecting a unit, then press 6 if comnand bar is opened).

But so far both work the same, except "EJECT" can be used to parachute your guys.

Since the dawn of time, at least since Arma 2, the high-priority "Disembark" command for AI subordinates has been a pain for people trying to use the already flawed AI, since it replaces more useful and commonly used commands, such as "Move There" or "Attack" as first highlighted quick-command.

The disembark is the first default command only when your cursor is on the vehicle. Which I think is very logical.

Point somewhere else and it changes to move and attack.

That's incorrect. I've made my crew disembark just now, a mere minute ago, when trying to give them a move order to a point 200m away on the map as they were engaging an enemy tank. Either your information is plain wrong or the collision radius of selections is overly large on the map.

Either way, it is a bug and needs to be adressed if controlling AI is considered to be an actual part of the game.

I cannot think of one instance where ejecting crew from a tank via cursor command is logical. Cursor commands are location based commands (go to, attack, watch, get in). There are non-location commands (eject, sit down, assemble UAV) that do not need a mouse cursor and shouldn't be accessible via mouse click on the map.

Edit: It is in fact a bug and I've submitted it to the Bug Report section. You're right in that it is intended to work that way. It just doesn't.

Now I get it. Disembark is the default when you point at the sky, because that can't be attacked or moved to.

You're right, the move command should be the highlighted one, but greyed out.

Edit. No wait, you said "on the map"? That I can't reproduce. :huh:

Now I get it. Disembark is the default when you point at the sky, because that can't be attacked or moved to.

You're right, the move command should be the highlighted one, but greyed out.

Edit. No wait, you said "on the map"? That I can't reproduce. :huh:

I think he means opening the map, and then using the "MOVE" command by clicking anywhere on the map.  :blink:

I think he means opening the map, and then using the "MOVE" command by clicking anywhere on the map.  :blink:

Maybe, but I can't reproduce that myself.

His feedback tracker ticket has a repro, but I can't confirm that either. With or without the map. ...?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25962

Just an update. I found out a while ago that sometimes the default option changes to "Disembark" when pointing at a unit but doesn't change back when moving the cursor off. Both in map and outside. The reason is unknown to me. Framerate, latency, no idea. I cannot reproduce this reliably but it happens in approximately one out of four cases.

So it happened for me when I was moving the mouse cursor to a location and the cursor path intersected with the collision of the unit.

I think i know what he men. He mean he is in vehicle, using third person view, and free look, no matter how he rotate the camera, there is allways disembark option BEACUSE vehicle is in center of the screen (cursor is centered on the vehicle). I would put there "rearm" command or something similar when aiming at dead guy, or ammo crate.