Naiss

Looking for Developers for a new mod.

950144a585c8e1047149fbb919b66d1c.png

RP Project

Hello,

im the projead lead for the new mod called "RP Project" and we are building a new life mod from scratch with a brand new framework and mods, me my self im coding and making addons but i can't be doing all this my self i need someone who can help me out with texturing,coding,web dev,graphic design for dialogs/logo/other,modelers,administartors,support team and etc.

What is RP Project?

RP Project is a roleplaying mod thats behing made from scratch with alot of new futures and mods thats made by RP Project dev team or behing used with permission.

We are trying to make a good roleplaying mod but we want it to be fun aswell!

The RP Project Framework codes are made from scratch by the RP Project development team, we are not using anyone elses codes!

Are we paying devs?

We are not paying devs sorry.

but if you want to help us out can you feel free to come and help us.

Who is hosting this mod?

The mod is behing hosted over at BlackStormGaming, me my self is a project lead and lead development there.

When will it be released?

We are looking to make some more jobs and addons befor we release the mod.

Release date is still unknown but should not be to far away from it.

Just keep your self updated on our site for the release date.

Informasjon:

TS3: ts.blackstormgaming.com

Changelog: http://forum.blackstormgaming.com/index.php?/topic/32-rp-project-official-changelog

Regards,

-Lifeman

-Project Lead and Lead Development

There are so many of these threads, all identical, why don't you guys just join forces instead ? you all have the same goal.

We don't have the same goal, i tried to join someone else but the way they run stuff was just wrong and weird. and not alot of ppl are making it from scratch they are just using altis life framework

There are so many of these threads, all identical, why don't you guys just join forces instead ? you all have the same goal.

This is no different from all of Arma's clans/milsim units/communities/etc because a lot of them do a lot of the same stuff but don't agree with each other on a structure (and control) level. Also creates a bit of competition within the Arma community (which is never bad :) ).

Try posting it up on github that way people can know what they are up against.  The beauty is that anyone can make a fork from what you have, and if its good, use it.

Me honestly, I wouldn't look at someone elses project unless I had a detailed project management flow and a idea as to where we are at.

well ppl can't just go in my mission file and take what ever they want because all the script files are server sided

We don't have the same goal, i tried to join someone else but the way they run stuff was just wrong and weird. and not alot of ppl are making it from scratch they are just using altis life framework

and you made ALL OF IT from scratch?

you made all the vehicles (r8, laborghini, dodge charger etc, yourself?) what does changelog entries " [ADDED] More Vehicles / [ADDED] More Addons" means then? Who's vehicles, and who's addons?

don't you folk get bored of the same RP systems?

all the codes are made from scratch, the addons are from a free 3d model site or paid for, witch can take up to hours getting ingame working.

and this is why im creating it from scratch im tired of the same old rp system so im making it from scratch and trying to make it different

all the codes are made from scratch, the addons are from a free 3d model site or paid for, witch can take up to hours getting ingame working.

and this is why im creating it from scratch im tired of the same old rp system so im making it from scratch and trying to make it different

can you link those free 3d models from these sites then? my curiosity is itching...

Damn PuFu, your mean this morning.   I like it

In all seriousness though lifemanlive, no one is going to help you with that attitude.   I was going to try and help out if I could github it but meh, not worth it.

On the models, I personally enjoy grabcad.com and cadblocksfree.com - Majority of them are in other formats so it does take time to convert them to a usable format.

what attitude? im just answearing

then please answer my last one...

If your trying to say it's another Life Mod, then your better off posting in "SERVERS & ADMINISTRATION" (Another thing, you should have posted in "GENERAL" anyway, as you are asking for members of this community)

Also, think carefully of your mod's plan. (If your hyped from the Life Mod, your better off starting again or make sure what main features will differentiate from the Life Mod, or you may face Copyright issues)

If this is the case, then start thinking how long Life Mod took when it was released.

And finally, if you don't want to pay members who make top quality models, scripts, whatsoever. Mind these simple letters for convenience...

DO IT YOURSELF

Edit: Oh, and...ask a moderator to check that site containing FREE 3D Models. (If its Facepunch, then we'll process a nice little send-off PM)

or you may face Copyright issues)

And finally, if you don't want to pay members who make top quality models, scripts, whatsoever. ..

Has anyone ever faced serious copyright issues in the history of ArmA modding? 

Also, why bother making your own when its easy and without penalty to pinch from others? :)

I think you guys are being a little harsh with lifemanlive. I don't share his interests in RP modes but he's got a goal and trying to get there and accepting he can't do it alone, thats worth something. There is a market for a 'next level' Altis Life type RP scenario, but it's a daunting amount of work for any team.

please guys stop making a drama scene here i was just asking if anyone wanted to help me out for free because i have already been coding for over count less hours for this mod atm, if you don't want to help for free just ignore it please.

Also, why bother making your own when its easy and without penalty to pinch from others?  :)

because i want to make my own mods and as i got respect for other ppls work.

If your trying to say it's another Life Mod, then your better off posting in "SERVERS & ADMINISTRATION" (Another thing, you should have posted in "GENERAL" anyway, as you are asking for members of this community)

my bad for posting in the wrong section but if a mod can move it that would be great

Also, why bother making your own when its easy and without penalty to pinch from others? :)

I think you guys are being a little harsh with lifemanlive. I don't share his interests in RP modes but he's got a goal and trying to get there and accepting he can't do it alone, thats worth something. There is a market for a 'next level' Altis Life type RP scenario, but it's a daunting amount of work for any team.

I did report someone who ripped BF4 content...(Pinching content from other authors WITHIN this community is frowned upon, without their permission. If something like EXILE or BP stole my content, I would be furious and throw the book at them)

But I'm not being harsh at all, I am just setting the standard of this community that we do not allow unauthorized content, as stated in the AMAR policy.

I have no objection to this mod, but more importantly I am representing the modding community, and I feel for those out there that work so hard on their models or scripts.

However, I would suggest you set up a team with these kinds of specialities:

- Modelor (someone who makes models)

- Texturor (someone that artistically creates textures)

- Scripter (someone who makes scripts)

As for web designers, you will have to pay them as it is way more different than the 3 I have mentioned above. (In order to host an official site, they have to pay a fee in order to get the website up on the web)

If you want to avoid this, I suggest you look here:

www.wix.com

• Like 1

[...]There is a market for a 'next level' Altis Life type RP scenario, but it's a daunting amount of work for any team.

1. yes, there are people who were served some legal papers, that was enough to stop them...

2. what? there is also always penalty for pinching from others. BI does it, and private people have done it before. 

• Like 1

I guess "1776" (I'm too lazy writing latin numbers ;)) was just ironic.

But tbh, among all those illegal Life Mod derivates/copies, how many did actually face penalties? I'd guess almost none, because Tonic, Itsyuka and team probably either don't bother taking the effort or they just don't have the capabilities (lawyer, whatsoever) or they got disappointed by BI for not helping out.

• Like 1

I hate seeing threads like these. And I'm not referring to lifemanlive trying to establish his own role-play community.

The negativity and criticism is the issue. If he wants to try and create a role-play community, then what is the big issue? Sure, you have concerns about the legitimacy of his content usage, but he hasn't infringed anything yet. For all you know, he could be planning on legally using other people's work and giving them credit. The entire role-play section of the Arma community has received way too much criticism and negativity since Arma 3 Life did their own independent thing. I'm not condoning what they did, but it doesn't mean you have to scrutinise everyone else to the point where you're virtually degrading them before they have even started. 

I do personally think that the role-play market is over-saturated with new modifications and game modes, but like someone said earlier, the competition is not a bad thing as it stops everyone else from stagnating. I'm all for criticism, providing it is constructive. 

• Like 6

I'm working on my own RP framework, and yeah, from scratch (if we ignore we are all using Bohemia's engine). I'm doing it on my free time, and I will warn you, takes hell of a time to make the basics, the EHs, database connection (I'm using a Java core), HUDs, textures... And only the basic to get it moving, without real content. I'd recommend you hire someone, because it's going to be complicated to find someone doing that for free.

• Like 1

Off topic posts have been removed, i would advise forum users to respect the forum rules.