Sign in to follow this  
HurriCnz

Arma runs in background

Hello fellow Arma People,

since a little bit now I have that arma 2 and 3 are running as a background app
c489fb9f63afc6e9dfe87d703303dec2.png

When I launch the game with the launcher it does the splash screen where it loads all the modules ect, and then arma 3 moves to the background.

I have done 2 complete reinstals making sure no files are left behind anywhere (appdata/documents ect) but still no joy.

I am running this through steam. I have tried launching it manualy with arma3.exe in the root folder bot still, no joy.

for all that I know I have done everything I can, so I'm asking you guys for help.

cheers,

EDIT: I don't have any mods that I am running and here are my system specs:

Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz

12GB ram

Windows 10

OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128GB

WD 500GB (arma installed on here)

1TB drive (storage)

2x MSI Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 OC GHZ edition

OCZ 600W power supply

DxDiag: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjhsx7c8k1cs5av/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

Try this:

Disable Launcher's UI hardware acceleration: Checkbox disables hardware acceleration for WPF rendering for Launcher. This is Launcher only, does not affect the game in any way. Default state: HW acceleration enabled.

You can run the Arma 3 Launcher in Safe Mode by pressing and holding Ctrl + Shift before running the Launcher and releasing them once the Launcher starts.

Or you can start the launcher with the -safemode parameter.

In Safe Mode, you can disable HW acceleration for the Launcher (you will be asked when entering Safe Mode - or via the checkbox on the Launcher's Options page).

Delete this 2 folders  C:\Users\YOUR_USENAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3 Launcher and C:\Users\YOUR_USENAME\AppData\Local\Bohemia_Interactive then start Arma 3 Launcher in Safe Mode.

Try to connect your video card directly with your monitor (don't use avermedia) and see if that help.

Try with “Analyze Wait Chain†...open Task Manager > Details tab, then right click on ArmA 3 Launcher and Arma 3  and see if they waiting for some other process to start.

I need to activate battleye for arma3 to start via launcher,if i dont arma3 just runs in the backround but never launches

try that

Get this problem as well from time to time. Requires full PC reboot for me :/

Fixed it by removing "dxgi.dll" from the arma folder if anyone will ever have the same issue