m0nkey

Snow effect - blizzard. Care to comment?

Hi M0nkey,

I can only say: Woooow

If you really interested in what we are thinking make it available and we will give it a whirl and alot of brutally honest feedback, that´s for sure!!  :)

Thanks for all your time and hard work you spend for us.

Greetings

McLupo

I will make a small mission like this one, with a few enemy patrolling around an area. Peeps can test it out and see. Maybe I will do that for this weekend with just the blizzard portion (as in the last video) while I continue to hone the larger package I am working on with different snow types. Some feedback might be useful at this point as well.I have a few things to try/modify tonight hopefully (brainstorms on the drive to work haha) but I don't see why a friday beta release of the blizzard shouldn't be possible.

I will make a small mission like this one, with a few enemy patrolling around an area. Peeps can test it out and see. Maybe I will do that for this weekend with just the blizzard portion (as in the last video) while I continue to hone the larger package I am working on with different snow types. Some feedback might be useful at this point as well.I have a few things to try/modify tonight hopefully (brainstorms on the drive to work haha) but I don't see why a friday beta release of the blizzard shouldn't be possible.

That's great to hear and I can't wait already!

(brainstorms on the drive to work haha)

That sounds very familar to me.  :D

Thanks and keep it up.

Greetings

McLupo

When it's snowing it ususally gets darker and shadows are not that detailed any more.

You could try to set overcast higher when it's snowing.

Real life has kept me from doing much on the computer lately. I got to fix a couple little issues this weekend, but not much time really. It is very close. I am at point of playing the demo over and over to find the little bugs that I did not notice before.

I do have a parameter for overcast value, so mission designer can determine what is best.

• Like 1

Real life has kept me from doing much on the computer lately. I got to fix a couple little issues this weekend, but not much time really. It is very close. I am at point of playing the demo over and over to find the little bugs that I did not notice before.

I do have a parameter for overcast value, so mission designer can determine what is best.

Hey. Are you by any chance still working on this? I'd love to try this together with chernarus winter!

Is there any way to make this work when a player is in a vehicle? I saw you were able to make it happen in one vid and it seemed like it worked pretty decently.

Yes I am still working on it. I released it as MKY Snow Script. Its a script, so you have to fiddle with it depending on what your mission is doing.

As for the vehicle, it works but I did not focus on what sort of effect was needed. There are so many variables to get it to look like it did in the video. If I find time I will try to dig up which that was and see about a snow type for vehciles. Its hard though because it takes time for the snow to fall, and the faster the player moves (in vehicle or not) the more complicated keeping snow around them becomes.

Any chance you can let me know how to make AI be affected by the particles generated by the snow effects? I only play Singleplayer, so I want to have the AI be having issues seeing through it.

m0nkey. What can i I say. Im really impressed! I can't wait to get home and test this out. This will get mission designs a whole new dimension!