nexarhd

You can install Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead on Steam with a CD

Hi, I have looked and looked for a solution and I had to try this myself to save downloading around 15GB, my brother had Arma 2 Combined Operation on a Retail copy of the game and you can Install Arma 2 & Operation Arrowhead on steam with the disk. all you have to do is just make a few alterations when installing the disk, make sure that you start autorun and put in your steam that you own it on, or the CD key inside your case just install it to your steam common directory just keep the file name the same and take out where it say's BohemiaInteractive and install, now all you have to do now is to press the install button in steam and it will detect that there is Arma 2 in your steam game you just have to download an extra 2-3GB of the game to work on steam, then you can play.

• Like 2

wait...Im confused. I have 2 copies of arma CO, and then went ahead and bought the arma for steam. So your saying that I can take one of my copies of my retail disc, and put it on my other machine so that it will be compatible with Steam arma?

My biggest problem with ARMA now in relation to steam, is I have a couple machines I used to use for buddies to come over and play ARMA with a group online. After the steam take over, The retail and Steam versions do not communicate and I cannot get them to be in the same server no matter what version I select or anything.

I should add, That I did buy AMRA 2co for steam, and thats what I primarily play now..My buddies that used to come over, have not been able to play because Im not paying for ARMA again on a machine I barely use. So If I can in fact use my legally purchased retail copy on steam, I would love to, but the instructions are a bit unclear

I would love to, but the instructions are a bit unclear

whats unclear in them? Seems clear as day.

Install the game to your steam games directory, but during instalation change the path so it doesnt contain "Bohemia Interactive"

steam/staeamapps/common/bohemia interactive/arma 2 => steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 

Add the CD key to steam, so the game appears in your game library, and press download.

Same goes for Arma 2 OA and any DLC.

whats unclear in them? Seems clear as day.

Install the game to your steam games directory, but during instalation change the path so it doesnt contain "Bohemia Interactive"

steam/staeamapps/common/bohemia interactive/arma 2 => steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 

Add the CD key to steam, so the game appears in your game library, and press download.

Same goes for Arma 2 OA and any DLC.

Thank you for the reply. I just have never "installed into steam directory" before. 

So, Is what Ill do, Is look at the directory path on my machine with it in steam, Then on my backup rig, Install INTO the same directory (instead of a default install) as my Main rig with steam arma.

Then after the game is installed, Input the CD key, and Steam with recognize it as a legit steam game and update it with the necessary files for the games to communite.

If that sounds right, I will do it today.

Thank you Mirek, I appreciate you taking the time to clarify!

Hi guys, for some reason its not allowing me to create a thread, but this thread is kind of close to what i am struggling with.

I bought ARMA 2 Complete Collection from g2a i downloaded it all etc and now it pops up with a window saying you will need to activate this product type the key in when the game asks for it, it hasnt asked for it???

i copied the key into the "activate a product on steam" and it says invalid product code??

it says i need to Activate Opperation Arrow Head and the DLC Czech

it keeps saying invalid product code? due to this i cannot get on any servers..

anyone got a solution? thanks

Hi guys, for some reason its not allowing me to create a thread, but this thread is kind of close to what i am struggling with.

I bought ARMA 2 Complete Collection from g2a i downloaded it all etc and now it pops up with a window saying you will need to activate this product type the key in when the game asks for it, it hasnt asked for it???

i copied the key into the "activate a product on steam" and it says invalid product code??

it says i need to Activate Opperation Arrow Head and the DLC Czech

it keeps saying invalid product code? due to this i cannot get on any servers..

anyone got a solution? thanks

did you buy your game in a local store? (did u take it off the shelf?)

if so, big chance somebody passed by, wrote the keycodes down and put the product back,

if this is the case i can only advice u in the future to ask for a product with the original plastic consealment around it.