Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

2015 Rugby World Cup

Fijian haka was wiped out by 'swing low sweet chariot'....

As it's being held in England that's no surprise :P

Oh, that was close for Fiji ...

Japan really have been improving year on year. Like their football team, you can tell they're getting very serious about the sport and their fitness is extremely high, allowing them to play in the later stages of the game with energy that even some players in the top nations don't have.

Best try I ever saw at a game I attended was Hirotoki Onozawa running from well inside his own half to score against Wales back in 2007. Japan got demolished in that game, but it's great watching those little teams that can occasionally surprise the big teams with something special.

Very rough game between France and Italy, two very similar teams. We lost the bonus point and the best French 3/4.

The Argentinian were good in the first half but now they are getting tired and let the Kiwis to be back :)

Yep, the Blacks aren't that impressive, thanks god for them their pool is very easy, once they have played Argentina.

I'm not generally a massive rugby fan but I've definitely been enjoying the world cup so far. So glad I turned over to keep an eye on the Japan-SA game, and then got progressively closer to the TV as it went on. Impressed by the Argentinians earlier today, did a good job to hold back the All-Blacks, holding them to 26 is decent. More detailed discussion is completely beyond me, to be honest the commentators could say "The player is now riding a rainbow coloured unicorn" and I'd probably nod and go, "Yeah, sounds about right". :D

Time to see whether Japan didn't fluke the last game.

The IRB rankings now place Japan one place higher than Scotland so it should be a good indicator of how good Japan actually are and certainly how much they're improving as a team. They haven't played each other in a Union test match for 2 years (which Scotland won easily).

Yep, the Blacks aren't that impressive, thanks god for them their pool is very easy, once they have played Argentina.

The ABs cruised through that second half in third gear while Argentina gave their all but didnt really threaten, you have to play the full 80 against them.

The ABs cruised through that second half in third gear while Argentina gave their all but didnt really threaten, you have to play the full 80 against them.

It's hard to judge on one game only, the real thing for the Blacks will happen in quarter final against France or Ireland.

It's hard to judge on one game only, the real thing for the Blacks will happen in quarter final against France or Ireland.

Thats true but i have a good feeling about this squad, they have not had much time together and were able to soak up the pressure from a strong Argentinian team.

Anyway no one expects them to win world cups any more, at least not me, they are great chokers in that arena... such a great side can sweep through Europe unbeaten in hostile environments :P  seem to trip up each time on the world stage.

SA got its bonus point, mission fulfilled. They must be relieved after last week humiliation.

It's gonna be hard for England now. The game against Australia will be extremely interesting.