BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Eden Editor Sneak Preview Live Stream

Must say really impressed with the 3d editor, great work this is really a huge improvement for mission making.

Send with mobile

So, how are you guys handling this new editor?

Did anyone catch whether this will be pushed to next RC or is it staying in dev for awhile?

Did anyone catch whether this will be pushed to next RC or is it staying in dev for awhile?

The 3d editor? It is available as a beta on the dev branch.

The 3d editor? It is available as a beta on the dev branch.

Yup... in true Bis fashion... they pushed it to dev branch with the push of a "button" at the end of the livestream...

Stay classy Bis...

Yup... in true Bis fashion... they pushed it to dev branch with the push of a "button" at the end of the livestream...

Stay classy Bis...

My apologies. I misread your post... 

RC = Release Candidate for the main branch, so I would imagine it is extremely unlikely to appear on RC until just before it's released on the Main Branch - i.e. next year.

Dev is very much for "in development" stuff (which is why the diagnostic .exe is there but doesn't appear in any of the other branches) and not everything gets passed from Dev to RC ahead of the Main Branch patches.

RC = Release Candidate for the main branch, so I would imagine it is extremely unlikely to appear on RC until just before it's released on the Main Branch - i.e. next year.

Dev is very much for "in development" stuff (which is why the diagnostic .exe is there but doesn't appear in any of the other branches) and not everything gets passed from Dev to RC ahead of the Main Branch patches.

Ahh yeah... we had no coffee at home this morning...

I meant main branch... so it's next year for main branch release of 3deditor then...

After getting excited seeing the live stream ive finally had a chance to try the new editor out, after using the old editor for so many years it was more like timid baby steps lol, most things are business as usual but it'll take a bit to get as confident as i was with the old 2D editor, like a 2D beaten caged animal being set free in the wild.. Awesome work BI :)

I'm late to the party but AAAAHHHHH YESSSSS!!!

Context menu's, search bars, snap to heights, extended menu's, no more setheight....it's the dream...