BohemiaBeck

Arma 3 Eden Editor Sneak Preview Live Stream

The stream finished right on time with the DevBranch download. That's what I call perfection. Good job guys, great stream!

Took me some seconds to really understand what was happening.   :D

The editor seems to fulfill all the dreams I had of 3D editor based on what I saw on the stream. Well - off to making missions again with less "pain".

After 14 years wait for a 3D editor, I could only get so erect at the Eden Device's button.

• Like 1

This preview blew my mind, this is fantastic, well done. All the small issues which needed a tedious amount of time, like setting units to playable, just to name one, are gone. THANK YOU!

If anyone has link to recorded twitch stream please post... had to work today :(

You will be able to see it tomorrow or soon. They always record an publish the past stream.

After 14 years wait for a 3D editor, I could only get so erect at the Eden Device's button.

15 more years and we will have rivers, streams and caves  :ph34r:

I noticed when trying to move "Miller" to the top of the tower, the designer intuitively tried to drag him from the list of placed entities on the left, but was unsuccessful.

I then noticed that he had to play the dragging game in the 3d space to get him where he wanted.

So, my feature request is that you be able to move an entity by clicking and dragging him from the list of placed entities. This would allow precise placement over long distances, and (as evidenced by the mission designer in the stream) would be much more intuitive in some situations.

• Like 1

Awesome stream, awesome new tool, awesome surprise! Thanks Bohemia, you da best :D

and then with a press of a red button......EDEN is here!

Thanks for this early Christmas present, BIS!

• Like 1

Need to play but also need to pick wife up in 45 minutes... hmm a decision needs to be made!

Need to play but also need to pick wife up in 45 minutes... hmm a decision needs to be made!

Taxi for wife ;)

I've just placed three vitamin bottles onto a shelf. In less than one minute. I'm fighting to hold back the tears of joy. :jump_clap:

• Like 4

I've just placed three vitamin bottles onto a shelf. In less than one minute. I'm fighting to hold back the tears of joy. :jump_clap:

I'm actually spending more time on placeing small items than before, because it's just so SIMPLE!

Having just read the updates tab in Eden, it's stated that the 2d editor will continue to co-exist with the 3d editor until expansion release, where the plan to remove all traces of the 2d editor..... :o

Time to embrace the future!!  ;)

What?

The 2D editor is meant to disappear?

I'm actually spending more time on placeing small items than before, because it's just so SIMPLE!

Yes, I can already see all the splendid details in upcoming community content. Already ran into a few smaller issues but I'm sure they'll fix them by the time. I've just placed a filled metal rack and a few camp beds as part of a MASH. What I did in 20 minutes would have cost me hours before!

• Like 1

What?

The 2D editor is meant to disappear?

Yep, when they release the Tanoa expansion.

Click on the updates tab in Eden....it's right there.

Yes, I can already see all the splendid details in upcoming community content. Already ran into a few smaller issues but I'm sure they'll fix them by the time. I've just placed a filled metal rack and a few camp beds as part of a MASH. What I did in 20 minutes would have cost me hours before!

Can you show a pic of your work?

Yep, when they release the Tanoa expansion.

Click on the updates tab in Eden....it's right there.

Damn...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015178319/screenshots/?appid=107410

The first 4 pictures, nothing major, but I'm just getting used the controls

Damn...

No reason to worry, the 3d editor has all the features the 2d editor has and many more, just takes a few minutes to get used to it. I have to admit, placing triggers and markers and so on is strange at the beginning, but in the end it's the same as before, just better.

Ah, sorry mate. I've just logged off, have to get up early. But it's a blast already!