McLupo

[WIP] Expansion: Marks, Labels and Insignia (MCLU MLI Soldiers) by McLupo

Hi!

Today I present the last unit which must be completed.

The AAF desert uniform, vest and backpacks.

AAF desert:

group11.jpg group2.jpg group3.jpg group4.jpg

Available content:

AAF:

aaf.jpg

CSAT:

csat.jpg

NATO:

nato.jpg

Nevertheless, there are still many little things to do;...some stuff need revision,
another must be corrected, but above all, the compatibility of Zeus.

Moreover, the content (missing units) will be expanded afterwards - step by step.  :) 

But, contrary to my earlier statement, I believe that I can publish the addon already at the end of november 2015.

Please keep your fingers crossed.

Hope you´ll enjoy the stuff?!

Have fun!

Greetings
McLupo

Wow those camos look really nice man! Especially love the NATO and CSAT green camos :D

• Like 1

Really waiting for this mod

Hi Kendar,

as I mentioned above - the release is not so far as I expected..., please have still a little patience.  :)

Wow those camos look really nice man! Especially love the NATO and CSAT green camos :D

Hi mate,

thanks for your kind words, may be you can use them for one of your next upcoming missions?  ;)

Greetings

McLupo

the release is not so far as I expected..., please have still a little patience.  :)

quality needs time, take your time, i was just trying to tell that i really want this mod ;)

• Like 1

quality needs time, take your time, i was just trying to tell that i really want this mod ;)

Hi Kendras,

don't worry I understand you very well... it means a lot to me, I don´t want imagine if no one asks for the mod... :)

Thanks for your ongoing support.

I would therefore like to outline that much of the real work will be carried out behind the scenes.

It begins with the research of suitable camos, creating of a functioning "config", to bring all the AI-guys into the game,

this of course requires the search for data and files, too. Furthermore you have to provide a functional UI and this is a lot of stuff you have to work on.

The texture work is relatively simple, but all the stuff around is a much more complex task and I have mentioned just a few.

Only one example to point out what I mean:

The "User Interface" you see if you open your inventory (gear)

The simple way, but it still works:

dhie3725.png

My preferred way: The highly labourintensive way, but much more quality for the user, too.

xws9x3e2.png

As you can see it´s alot of work, if you want provide a good quality. (And there are a million pieces in the inventory, waiting for retexture  :blink: )

I wanted to use this opportunity to explain the consuming work steps, so one will have now a better understanding about how the things are going.  :)

Thanks for reading this.

Have fun!

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 2

Yes, the work is long and complex.

In fact, as i want to stick to the armaverse in 2035 and the community seems to have more interest in contemporary mods, i already tried to do a retexturing mod of the existing assets to fit the maps with different pattern. I must admit i never managed to have something working well. 

So when i saw your work,  i stop all my frustrating fails and wait for your top quality art with great expectation ;)

• Like 1

Hi Kendar,

as I mentioned above - the release is not so far as I expected..., please have still a little patience.  :)

Hi mate,

thanks for your kind words, may be you can use them for one of your next upcoming missions?  ;)

Greetings

McLupo

Will definitely give these a try. Probably won't be in the next mission (as it will be a vanilla test mission for further scripts) but after next mission I want to do a lot more work with mods etc :D

• Like 1

Yes, the work is long and complex.

In fact, as i want to stick to the armaverse in 2035 and the community seems to have more interest in contemporary mods, i already tried to do a retexturing mod of the existing assets to fit the maps with different pattern. I must admit i never managed to have something working well. 

So when i saw your work,  i stop all my frustrating fails and wait for your top quality art with great expectation ;)

Oh. no mate...please never give up, you´ll fail, like me, or so many others at the beginning, but that is only normal.

It´s a long way, but not a never ending story, because if you have the willingness to study the stuff and an endless patience, you´ll succeed.

Never look what other people doing, unless you want to learn. Start with a small mod;  learn and understand the context in your work.

In short: Do it, whether you fail at first.

...and if you have a question - then simply ask for help.

Me and so many others will help you, if we can.  :) 

Will definitely give these a try. Probably won't be in the next mission (as it will be a vanilla test mission for further scripts) but after next mission I want to do a lot more work with mods etc :D

Hi buddy,

wow, that is truly exciting...give it a go, whenever you want, in my case I would support you as best I can, that´s for sure.  :)

But your mission in the first and than the stuff around.  ;)

..., because we are used only to the best from your side.

Greetings

McLupo 

Hi Kendras,

don't worry I understand you very well... it means a lot to me, I don´t want imagine if no one asks for the mod... :)

Thanks for your ongoing support.

I would therefore like to outline that much of the real work will be carried out behind the scenes.

It begins with the research of suitable camos, creating of a functioning "config", to bring all the AI-guys into the game,

this of course requires the search for data and files, too. Furthermore you have to provide a functional UI and this is a lot of stuff you have to work on.

The texture work is relatively simple, but all the stuff around is a much more complex task and I have mentioned just a few.

Only one example to point out what I mean:

The "User Interface" you see if you open your inventory (gear)

The simple way, but it still works:

dhie3725.png

My preferred way: The highly labourintensive way, but much more quality for the user, too.

xws9x3e2.png

As you can see it´s alot of work, if you want provide a good quality. (And there are a million pieces in the inventory, waiting for retexture  :blink: )

I wanted to use this opportunity to explain the consuming work steps, so one will have now a better understanding about how the things are going.  :)

Thanks for reading this.

Have fun!

Greetings

McLupo

Hey McLupo 1 question (maybe 2  :P) In the vest, the slings and some other stuff are still green. Can that be fixed at all? That also happens with the Hummingbird. You paint it black but the benches are still damn green. No fix or is it fixable?

Hi,

gained in practice, for use in game...Each player will appreciate such details of quality, i guess.  :) 
In addition, it gives the impression of careful work, too.

For example:

inventoryaaf.jpg

Hey McLupo 1 question (maybe 2  :P) In the vest, the slings and some other stuff are still green. Can that be fixed at all? That also happens with the Hummingbird. You paint it black but the benches are still damn green. No fix or is it fixable?

Hi Alex,

During my service as an armoured infantryman, I never had the equipment, which is represented in films...,
because often the things are combined, as they are currently available.
We often used things that color did not fit the harness.
This impression I wanted to convey here. An experience from practice. Take it as my personal touch.  :)

The hummingbird in question, I´ll will take a look on it. It could be that the model has changed after the update.

The same I noticed partly by the soldiers model.

Thanks for your attentiveness.  :)

Greetings

McLupo

No problem! I am really interested in this. Retextures are always nice if you want to keep the game on the same era. Well the harness as you said I didn't mean you needed to change I just wanted to know if there is anyway it can be textured like the rest of the vest. I am having a big problem with that.

• Like 1

Absolutely love the uniforms and insignias but for me changing the faction insignias/icons feels strange, especially when your units will be mixed with vanilla stuff ( I guess we will see some more CSAT and US on Tanoa)  and/or other mods like the CSAT Snowtigers made by IndeedPete.

Keep it up :)

• Like 1

No problem! I am really interested in this. Retextures are always nice if you want to keep the game on the same era. Well the harness as you said I didn't mean you needed to change I just wanted to know if there is anyway it can be textured like the rest of the vest. I am having a big problem with that.

Hi mate,

oh, sorry, I understand, my bad.  :)

Not everything is feasible and not every wish can be fulfilled, but in this case - very easy.

This/your problem is solved and it fits much better, I guess.  ;)

Reworked AAF-Vest:

aafsoldier.jpg

Absolutely love the uniforms and insignias but for me changing the faction insignias/icons feels strange, especially when your units will be mixed with vanilla stuff ( I guess we will see some more CSAT and US on Tanoa)  and/or other mods like the CSAT Snowtigers made by IndeedPete.

Keep it up :)

Hello Private Evans,

thanks for your comment and your honest opinion, it is always valuable to read a different view.

Sure, I have also thought about the value of my work, because there are so many excellent mods published,

but maybe there is one user who wants to have just this addon for his mission or whatever.

We all know, everything repeats itself, at last and no one will "reinvent the wheel".  ;)

But every mod reflects the personal idea of the modder and is one of a kind.

Thanks again for your objection!

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 1

Oh that looks beautiful. I don't really prefer my vest being that different from the main uniform I wear. I only like the Rangers in Black hawk down to have desert uniforms and woodland plate carriers.

• Like 1

dear Mr McLupo,

As long as the insignias are coherent with your vehicule's ones, it's ok for me.

If you need someone for tests, i'm in ;)

• Like 1

Oh that looks beautiful. I don't really prefer my vest being that different from the main uniform I wear. I only like the Rangers in Black hawk down to have desert uniforms and woodland plate carriers.

Hi Alex,

I am very pleased, that the rework of the vest fits your needs.  :)

dear Mr McLupo,

As long as the insignias are coherent with your vehicule's ones, it's ok for me.

If you need someone for tests, i'm in ;)

Hi Kendar,

I´m looking for someone, who is willing to test it out and you'll be the first, who get his hands on the mod for testing.

I can not do everything by myself. That I've learned in the meantime, too.

I guess, at the end of october, I will leave it up to you.

I highly appreciate your support.

Once the day, I will contact you via PM and we will check the "How" and "What".  :)

Greetings

McLupo

Hi Alex150201,

I think, as there will be three factions to test, that there is room for several testers

It takes time and often someone miss something that someone else see ;)

Do not know How Mr McLupo see that, but i think there is  a lot to look at.

• Like 1

Oh what? I wanted to be the tester :(

Hi buddy,

no worries.

In order to make it perfectly clear: Without you I cannot achieve the goal of a faultfree mod.  :)

As Kendar wrote it´s a lot to do for both of you.

Sorry that I did not mentioned it clearly.

Hi Alex150201,

I think, as there will be three factions to test, that there is room for several testers

It takes time and often someone miss something that someone else see ;)

Do not know How Mr McLupo see that, but i think there is  a lot to look at.

Hi Kendar,

thanks mate, you wrote what I omitted to do.  ;)

In addition: Not only three faction, but for each faction 3 different camos, with different configs. and so we have an imaginary number of 9 factions to assess.

Otherwise, it would be to easy.  :D

Thanks to both of you for the great support.

Greetings

McLupo

Alright thank you. Whenever you are ready for us to test tell us, you also have me on steam McLupo so you can tell me there.

Alright thank you. Whenever you are ready for us to test tell us, you also have me on steam McLupo so you can tell me there.

You´re welcome! :)

Hi,

today I've noticed, that the current multi camouflage of the backpacks and the armored vests of the CSAT-Soldiers,

doesn't look as they should look like. So, I have to do some overtimes, to change the current work, into a better one.

Tough luck, but this is only normal if you test it in game, because the paperwork is one and the practice the other side.

This will be the last change, hopefully, but I'm optimistic that I definitely expended my bad luck for this year?! hahaha...

In the meantime all other stuff are queued... :(

To say it clearly: This applies only to the multi camouflage of the CSAT faction.

This very new information, about the progress, I would like to share with you.  :)

Greetings

McLupo

Sample of the new backpacks retex :

gorod-backpack.jpg

Hi,

issue solved!

All armoured vests, harnesses and ammo belts were reworked.
Also the knee- and arm pads were newly colored thus they match now perfectly to the combat suit, I guess.

Please form your own opinion... :) 

Reworked CSAT-Units (multicam pattern)

csatsoldiers.jpg

Greetings

McLupo

Hi,

issue solved!

All armoured vests, harnesses and ammo belts were reworked.

Also the knee- and arm pads were newly colored thus they match now perfectly to the combat suit, I guess.

Please form your own opinion... :) 

Reworked CSAT-Units (multicam pattern)

csatsoldiers.jpg

Greetings

McLupo

I think i like these much better.

• Like 1