Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

this stamina system makes AI very bloody useless...

you cant create any missions anymore where infantry have to travel a distance... 

they run out of stamina and then slow down to a snails pace... you could walk faster... 

is there a way to turn this stupid system off? any mods about? 

I always put this in the init.sqf or a trigger (keep in mind that this also disables fatigue for the player): {_x enableFatigue false} forEach allUnits;

ahhhh thanks guys!!! 

AI run for about a minute and slow down so badly they end up out of formation and everything.... 

{ if !( isPlayer _x ) then { _x enableFatigue false }; } forEach allUnits;

That way player's fatigue isn't touched.

{ if !( isPlayer _x ) then { _x enableFatigue false }; } forEach allUnits;

That way player's fatigue isn't touched.

im looking for something to do AI aswell as players mate. 

Then remove the isPlayer check

{_x enableFatigue False} forEach allUnits

allUnits does what it says on the tin

• Like 1

Wont work for players due to MP. Has to be called  where the unit is local as well.

//init.sqf
[] spawn {
     if (isServer) then {
          while {TRUE} do {
               {
                   if (local _x) then {
                        if (isNil {_x getVariable 'TYL3R99_fatigueEnabled'}) then {
                             _x enableFatigue FALSE;
                             _x setVariable ['TYL3R99_fatigueEnabled',FALSE,FALSE];
                        };
                   };
               } count allUnits;
               sleep 30;
          };
     } else {
          player enableFatigue FALSE;
          player addEventHandler ['Respawn',{player enableFatigue FALSE;}];
     };
};

Will work for players and AI created on/owned by the server.

• Like 1

Put them in a truck...

That would be ok if they could drive! but they cant drive for shit so they are better off running... unless of course there are vehicles driving close by, if so then guaranteed deduct at least 2 or 3 from hit and run :ph34r:

Disabling fatigue can't be the solution. But true, it's a bit unfortunate that fatigue was added a bit late, thereby breaking quite a bunch of existing scenarios. Adjusting (default) loadouts and maybe even group compositions is probably one thing to look into and reconsider. Another part that probably should be fixed is default AI group movement. Now that individual endurance/speed is this pronounced - and let's face it, we not alway have homogeneous groups - AI leaders need to pause/rest and wait for the weakest/slowest units in their group. Make sure to take a defensive/low position while resting, maybe use already rested units to do some overwatch/patrol kind of thing. Some small, lovely subroutine. The result is not only groups that move with speed (instead of being constantly exhausted by not managing fatigue), but also some more micro-AI. Btw. maybe a groups speed could be adjusted (or set to dynamic) s.t. the fatigue level of the weakest unit doesn't exceed some threshold, with the result being to go slow(ish; not "SLOW"), but steady (and never (fully) exhausted).

The good news is that you can do pretty much all this already now (with some simple FSM, checking fatigue levels, etc.), but you'll have to carefully design your missions around such stuff. So, IMHO, fatigue management should be implemented by default, at a lower level (with behaviour-params to adjust maybe). Oh, and also make those guys lower the weapons more often/more reliably. Especially given, say, MOVE-waypoints with some distance. A "reasonable" speed could be easily calculated, I guess. But granted, that's a bit a different concept than "SLOW", "NORMAL", "FAST" doctrines. But given they're currently borked and "everything" plumets to "SLOW", I don't see why we shouldn't take the risk. :lol:

tl;dr: maybe try to not disable fatigue, instead adjust loadouts/group compositions, take a truck, :P , try some FSM sorcery in the meantime, and hope that BIS implements some kind of fatigue management for AI leaders/movement, with special care for heterogeneous groups, that is, units with vastly different loadouts/endurance.

Did you read any of the posts above?

Yes read it all and tried many times and still will not remove the fatigue on my player or ai !

Yes read it all and tried many times and still will not remove the fatigue on my player or ai !

1. Create init.sqf file inside your mission folder (you can use Notepad, just change file's extension from .txt to .sqf later)

2. Put jona33's or mdcclxxvi's code in it

3. Save file

4. Reopen mission in editor if it was opened before step 1.

5. Start it.

@ruebe: While I agree that fatigue is a must-have, I really don't like how BI implemented it. My main complaint is blurry vision effect but I also more or less agree with those who find endurance too small. Besides I'm didn't noticed that smaller loadout weight allows greater running distances, it's seems that the original distance is annoyingly short and additional weight just makes it even more shorter. IMO ACE2 did it much better without annoying the player: different unit had different endurance (USMC had amazing endurance, US Army and Russian endurance was good and Chedaki's endurance level was ported into Arma 3). ACE3 has some good changes too but fatigue is not a game mechanics that can be "outsourced" to the mod makers.

• Like 2

1. Create init.sqf file inside your mission folder (you can use Notepad, just change file's extension from .txt to .sqf later)

2. Put jona33's or mdcclxxvi's code in it

3. Save file

4. Reopen mission in editor if it was opened before step 1.

5. Start it.

@ruebe: While I agree that fatigue is a must-have, I really don't like how BI implemented it. My main complaint is blurry vision effect but I also more or less agree with those who find endurance too small. Besides I'm didn't noticed that smaller loadout weight allows greater running distances, it's seems that the original distance is annoyingly short and additional weight just makes it even more shorter. IMO ACE2 did it much better without annoying the player: different unit had different endurance (USMC had amazing endurance, US Army and Russian endurance was good and Chedaki's endurance level was ported into Arma 3). ACE3 has some good changes too but fatigue is not a game mechanics that can be "outsourced" to the mod makers.

My three gripes with the fatigue system:

1. No differentiation between Aerobic Fatigue and Anaerobic Fatigue.

- If you are fatigued in real life, you can still put in a 20m sprint to a wall when you get shot at.

2. No indication of fatigue level prior to getting fatigued.

- In real life your body is equipped with nerves and an array of sensory equipment so you know when you're getting fatigued, PRIOR to your body slowing down and becoming ineffective. In game, our only default indication is the heavy breathing and screen effects which occurs AFTER fatigue has set in.

3. No clear indication of the weight you are carrying. It is not communcated well in vanilla to the player that "Hey dude, you're carrying 90 kg of gear". Again in real life, your shoulders will tell you when you're carrying too much, so you can manage prior to being ineffective. In ArmA, you have to guess, and you only find out once you're ineffective.

• Like 2

The wild life (snakes, rabbits, fishes, etc..) should have fatigue, also.
Becomes a pain trying to catch them when we are fatigued.
(Excuse me WWF, but a man have to eat)

I totally cant understand why they didn't implement a option in preferences to turn off the fatigue system for both Ai and player! :angry:

My three gripes with the fatigue system:

1. No differentiation between Aerobic Fatigue and Anaerobic Fatigue.

- If you are fatigued in real life, you can still put in a 20m sprint to a wall when you get shot at.

2. No indication of fatigue level prior to getting fatigued.

- In real life your body is equipped with nerves and an array of sensory equipment so you know when you're getting fatigued, PRIOR to your body slowing down and becoming ineffective. In game, our only default indication is the heavy breathing and screen effects which occurs AFTER fatigue has set in.

3. No clear indication of the weight you are carrying. It is not communcated well in vanilla to the player that "Hey dude, you're carrying 90 kg of gear". Again in real life, your shoulders will tell you when you're carrying too much, so you can manage prior to being ineffective. In ArmA, you have to guess, and you only find out once you're ineffective.

I quite agree but in the meantime have you tried ShackTac's Stamina Bar mod?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170378-shacktac-stamina-bar/

It helps.

Like a lot features, Arma's stamina system isn't perfect but I think that all can agree that it's a step in the right direction. AFAIK there's no other mainstream video game that simulates this.