nanomien

[SP/COOP 05] PURPLE NIGHT (Stealth mission)

pnight_title.jpg

Mission updated to V1.2.

Mission Briefing:

One of our most hi-tech intelligence-gathering drone is captured by insurgency forces. The UAV probably had a malfunction.

The plane is supposed to have a failsafe back-up system that automatically steers it back to base, but for some reason it went down and crashed.

Now some of our most successful and useful surveillance technology is in the wrong hands.

You are tasked to locate and destroy the drone wreckage before the insurgents can pull any information from it.

Description:

SP or Coop. This is a very atmospheric stealth mission with a tweaked detection system. It is possible to finish it without engaging the enemy, and without beeing detected.

It is also possible to take out enemies without noticing the others, but since it's Arma; close-up-kills are out of the picture.

If you are noticed or seen, the enemy will react thereafter and the mission will change and get a lot more difficult.

The mission have some randomness, like the crashed UAV is on different locations, the enemy have random patrols, etc. etc., so each playthrough will be a bit different.

The mission have NO respawn. Just to add some nerve. The nerve is important here.

The AI is tweaked so they act like normal human beings, and not elite god-like soldiers that will pop you from 1 km away. Neither you or the AI have nightvision.

The detection system in this mission can be developed even more, so leave me a message if someone have awesome ideas!

Approximate time to finish the mission: 1 hour. (Depends on how sneaky you are)

No mods required.

Look at the screen shots below, play it and enjoy. I will be glad if you leave a comment.

- Nanomien

Changelog:

V1.2:

• Crushed some bugs and optimized scripts. 
  • Tweaked the progress bar
  • Added BIS spectator on death. Works better than the other spectator script.

V1.1:

• Added: virtual arsenal for more loadout customization.
  • Added: Reconnaissance positions. You can provide overwatch while the rest of your team search around the town.
  • Removed: the ammobox at the church is removed. The benefits from the virtual arsenal overrides the need for the ammo box.
  • Tweaked: escape checkpoint.

Updates that may come in the future:

• Difficulty chooser (with a menu)
  • Even more sophisticated detection system.
  • More random events.
  • More fancy espace

Credits:

FHQ Task Tracker

HallyG for ProgressBar example

The great community!

Screenshots:

pnight1.jpg

pnight2.jpg

• Like 2

Alright so if this stealth mission is made correctly it would turn out the best mission, in my opinion always, for Arma. There is no real stealth mechanics in arma 3 which makes me really sad. You walk behind an enemy and he immediately turns around and shoots you. Maybe apart from the features add a short description of what the mission will be like. I followed this topic so i can receive updates instantly. Message me if you need any help.

Thanks for the feedback. As I progress i will add more descriptions about how the mission will be like and screenshots.

Sneaky closeup kills is out of the picture since its Arma. But do you know if its possible to change boots on the players that makes less noise? They're awefully loud!

I keep you updated.

Please do. I don't think it's relevant for this mission but it would be interesting to see how they solved it!

Well as I said if you need any help with scripting or the editor tell me. I am pretty experienced with both and I love them the same. Out of my 900 hours of Arma 3 750 hours have been spent editing and scripting

Well as I said if you need any help with scripting or the editor tell me. I am pretty experienced with both and I love them the same. Out of my 900 hours of Arma 3 750 hours have been spent editing and scripting

Good to hear you're interested:D Have you published any missions?

I have published 4 missions I believe. 3 were only me trying to learn the editor back in the day and I have published one recently that is heavily scripted and has voice acting. It's called Altis Battleground by Alex150201

• Like 1

Stealth missions are very tough to achieve in Arma 3. Haven't found any believable missions for A3 so far. There was one for A2, forgot its name :)

Consider me very interested in playing this after it gets released! Will provide lots of constructive feedback once I've got some time :)

Yeah. Im quite exited myself on how this mission will turn out. I will post screen shots and more info very soon:)

But to sneak around in a small base few meters from the enemy is out of the question. The players boots make way too much noise, and the AI is too crazy  :ph34r:

I look forward to your feedback Inlesco.

You might want to check out two of my older missions: Grey Ops and Abandoned Village. 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/165115-cp-grey-ops-by-surfer/

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/150191-spco-02-abandoned-village/

Great! I will play them. I see already that we have some ideas in common, but this is a great way to not "copy" your ideas. And I love to see what other creators have come up with!

surely theres something that you can put in a unit init to make it less aware? something similar to spotdistance and spottime?

Hi, guys. I have updated th mission. Added screenshots, mission briefing and more detailed features. I need to squash some bugs first before realising it. And I need a name for the mission. Will update soon!

Please give feedback on what you think so far!

- nano

Time to release the finished mission!

The former thread name [WIP] Good stealth mission <working title here>  have now changed to the name of the mission. 

Mission is updated.

Thank you all for good feedback here and at Steam workshop. See the changelog for description.

Since the 1.6 visual upgrade update everything in this atmospheric mission looked different. 

Mission is now updated and should have the same vibe as before.

Great mission! Very moody and engaging. Loved sneaking through the town. Looking forward to more missions from you (...?) :)

Thank you again, Variable! Yes, another mission is under development these days.Not stealth this time, but im trying something new  :)

• Like 1

Mission updated.

The detection system needed an overhaul, scripts are more optimized for better performance and the progress bar had some issues that is fixed.