ziffa

Arma 3 crash error: 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

On 10/25/2017 at 8:03 AM, pingopete said:

MY FIX FOR ACCESS VIOLATION ON x64: (delete workshop folder)

I started getting more and more frequent crashes when starting ARMA x64 bit until it would crash 100% of the time (x32 was working), I tried absolutely everything, and was about to do a full reinstall of the game, but as a last idea I deleted the hidden workshop folder in steam-arma folder and it has just fixed my issue, now running x64 bit again without crashes.

So, you can't play with mods now? 

0xc0000005-status_access_violation still with 1.84 patch :( this error started for me just after the Tank DLC. Pain in the backside

On 2.8.2018 at 1:06 PM, devilspawn said:

0xc0000005-status_access_violation still with 1.84 patch

All that says is literally "Arma crashed" it doesn't give any details at all about what the reason is. Create a ticket on the feedback tracker. Or run performance/profiling binaries and if it happens there send the crashdump directly to Dwarden.

Hello everyone

Just to let any one know who's been having this issue, it was driving me berserk for days! My cause i found to be a new wireless head set (Arctis 7) that i had bought a month ago. Whenever it was connected and i wanted to play arma 3 with any mods (tried loads of different servers too) 0xc0000005-status_access_violation would crash my game. Now i know its a bit of a random fix, but worked for me. Maybe look at any random usb devices you have attached to your puter. Christ... i tried everything else the internet had thrown at me, so might just work for you too :don11:

6 minutes ago, goochyboy said:

Now i know its a bit of a random fix

No it's not. It's a well known problem that USB headsets cause serious issues. From lag spikes over Arma freezing to Arma crashing or simply never starting up.

6 minutes ago, goochyboy said:

Maybe look at any random usb devices

The issue is only known with headsets. Didn't hear of anything else.

Hi All

I just got myself a new PC after running Arma 3 on my gaming laptop fine and now Arma 3 crashes.

What i'm doing when it crashes...

I open editor, insert heli, insert a pilot & play via the preview session and as soon as i start up the heli... crash! and this happens every time.

The crash notice is: 0xC0000005 - ACCESS_VIOLATION

I have tried all the suggestions as per this link:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unusual_process_exit#0xC0000005_-_ACCESS_VIOLATION

The PC runs other games such as ghost recon wildlands and no mans sky on ultra and i've done memory tests and running tests to be sure and all seems ok.

my new pc specs are:

SSD   Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive - Black.

RAM   G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZB - 16GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 PC25600 3200MHz C16 Kit.

CPU   Intel Core i7 8700K, S 1151, Coffee Lake, 6 Core, 12 Thread, 3.7GHz, 4.7GHz Turbo, 12MB Cache, 1200MHz GPU, 95W, CPU Box.

Graphics Card   EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition GAMING SC 11GB GDDR5X iCX VR Ready Graphics Card, 3584 Core, 1556MHz, 1670MHz.

Windows 10Pro.

Please can you help - why am i getting this with Arma? - Thanks

Hei everyone,

I have the same problem and I try a lot of things and nothing seems to work. I post mine issue here because I don't know where to post it elsewhere.

The crash happens when I launch the game with and without MODS.

The game does work when I launch it in the 32bit version.

The following things are what I have tried already:

Verifying the game files through Steam.

Add -malloc=system to the parameters.

Checked if one of my RAM was broken.

Reinstalled Arma.

Reinstalled C++ redistributables.

Added another Arma3.cfg file.

And other things I can't remember at the moment.

Is there anyone who knows what more I can do?

Many thank you in advance.

Greetz.

32 minutes ago, R4V3N1379 said:

here are links to my report file via my dropbox - didn't know which one you guys need so have attached both .rpt and .bidmp files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlrnuowtvnbgju1/Arma3_x64_2018-08-22_20-36-58.rpt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/df53adcq01fpizc/Arma3_x64_2018-08-22_20-36-58.bidmp?dl=0

Nothing in the RPT that makes me any wiser.  So I suggest you report it to bohemia via the feedback tracker, they have what's needed to read the bidmp and should be able to tell you how to fix it. (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unusual_process_exit#Report_the_error_to_the_Feedback_Tracker)

I have already posted it on feedback.bistudio.com.

Thanks for looking into it for me anyway.

In reply to goochyboy .  I am also having the same issue with the game randomly crashing and getting the : 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION .

I too have an Arctis 7 Wireless headset. After spending weeks trawling forums and speaking to support at Bohemia , I found your post and have tried using my old Razor wired headset to see if this was actually the issue. My game has not crashed since. So think the issue is most definitely caused by a USB device, but in my case it is specifically the Steel-series Arctis 7 wireless headset. I have spoken to Steel-series also, and they do not have any helpful suggestions for the easy fix. Looks like I am going to have to replace my headset permanently.

• Like 1

Yup .. crashing again .... since last patch !  Interestingly I also have Steel-series Arctis 7 wireless headset however, the game has NOT crashed in around 2 years.  So last patch has royally screwed something up !

@Dwarden could you have a look into this please ?

Resurrecting an old post to update with my experience.  Have been getting this error for 2 days straight.  Haven't played Arma 3 in almost 5 years, long story.  I also tried all the suggested fixes until I came across this thread.  ABSOLUTELY 100% FIX for me was removing wireless headset.  In my case, PowerBeats 3 wireless via Bluetooth 4.1 USB dongle.  When the headset is turned on, game won't load.  As soon as I turn them off (disconnects), game works fine.  I've tried turning them back on after, but no sound.

It should be noted that I'm running an ASUS motherboard with onboard sound, but DISABLED.

• Like 2

I don't have any wireless stuff connected.  My 'memory' errors always occur after at least a little while of play (rather than preventing the start of the program at all) and only with Arma 3.  I believe it is tied to either Arma 3's poor memory management in a poor-quality 64-bit port (it can't run without a page file available but never uses most of my physical RAM, and people using the 32-bit version on older computers don't seem to have these errors), or it's caused by mods or multiplayer stuff trying to hack my computer (I found strangely-named users for Arma 3 profile folder & file permissions and it only happens when either using mods or doing multiplayer).  Another odd thing is that Arma 3 does not appear particularly changed by Nvidia settings and I've been told its PhysX is not GPU-based, yet my GPU usage will easily go up to 100% with it.  What exactly is it using my GPU for, then, if it's not benefiting the graphics or PhysX?