ziffa

Arma 3 crash error: 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

My Arma 3 launcher starts up fine. When I click "play" the screen goes black and after a couple of seconds the game crashes with the 0xc0000005 access violation error.

I have disabled all my mods and tried playing, same issue. I also did a win 10 system file check with no errors reported, uninstalled and reinstalled the x86 visual c++ runtime library.

I deleted the DLL folder and then did a game cache integrity check, it installed 7 files. Selected System as malloc. Downloaded performance exe ver 3 and 4. Tried playing with each, still the same crash every time.

I then deleted the Arma folder in My Documents, still crashing.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

My Arma 3 launcher starts up fine. When I click "play" the screen goes black and after a couple of seconds the game crashes with the 0xc0000005 access violation error.

I have disabled all my mods and tried playing, same issue. I also did a win 10 system file check with no errors reported, uninstalled and reinstalled the x86 visual c++ runtime library.

I deleted the DLL folder and then did a game cache integrity check, it installed 7 files. Selected System as malloc. Downloaded performance exe ver 3 and 4. Tried playing with each, still the same crash every time.

Seems unlikely that it will solve it but have you also updated your drivers for your videocard?

Hi,

please try to use the tbb4malloc_bi instead of system. Should the game crash anyway, please upload your crashdumps to some free file sharing service (for example Dropbox) and PM me the link.

Thanks

Hello,

could you please look for rpt+mdmp+bidmp crashdump files and send me those also?

Crashdump (mdmp + rpt + bidmp) files should be located in this directory:
<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Thanks

Same issue only happens on public servers, when I host my own this doesnt occur. out of 20 guys I had checking this they all experienced it at some point between 30 mins on the public server. we tried to enable mods one at a time to see if it was a mod causing it but even when running vanilla it still came up. thought it might be something with virtual arsenal but the repro wasn't conclusive. at this point its made arma unplayable as no one wants to get into a chopper with the chance of the pilot's game crashing. never got this until 1.58 hotfix dumps below. please help!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_dAGieyJQtnNlhjZThRLWlhWm8&usp=sharing

Hello,

could you please look for rpt+mdmp+bidmp crashdump files and send me those also?

Crashdump (mdmp + rpt + bidmp) files should be located in this directory:
<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Thanks

I have reinstalled Win 10 Pro and I have reinstalled Arma III. The both is installed on brand new HDD. Arma Vanilla or Arma with mods..it doesn't matter, because it crashes in both cases. Thx

Crashdump (mdmp + rpt + bidmp)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9itygy3yig9q49g/AACYAf5FJTywyixImGStGw1ya?dl=0

This becomes a usual issue, with or without addons on many servers! I'm sure you can't avoid that if you're playing sometimes in MP.

yes and the really uncool thing is ONCE you send the RPTs and MDMPs and other files off the BI they seem to forget who you are and ignore you after that. Prob cos they have NO CLUE on what the hell they did to F it up for US

Or it might be a ploy to ruin peoples mods as they are releasing there new map and want us all to convert

I have been waiting for a response from one of the devs for a week now and he still ignoring me and I have sent updates continually to him and I get NO reply.... I am fighting to get the server stable again and am having ZERO luck .... THANKS BI

Downgraded NVIDIA driver with some success... or chance. B.I. motto could be: "Nobody is shielded from a piece of luck!"

Downgraded NVIDIA driver with some success... or chance. B.I. motto could be: "Nobody is shielded from a piece of luck!"

what version driver are you using?

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT.

what version driver are you using?

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT.

361.92 and 362.00 should work well. 361.92 is the one that was released Arma 3 in mind and 362.00 is also reported to work very well.

364.72, without guarantee there is a link between crashes and 365.10. But I'd rather trying something instead of waiting a possible answer from B.I.

So I completely wiped my server and started completely fresh, I added Exile to the server tested for about 90 minutes nothing happened but its not any indication the memory issue wasn't there. I added infistar and a3xai to the serverside and I crashed again with the memory error after 30 minutes. My Logs are below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ewobp06kb5s6e9/ArmaReport_Log_20160509T173245_ghett.zip?dl=0

I use infiSTAR!!

I did wonder actually if it could be related to infi. might take that off and see what happens 

Then i will try the older nVidia drivers.

will have a look on that server in a mo just verified integ or game in steam and now downloading an 8gig update.

hmmmm

EDIT: Downgraded the graphics driver and still getting the error.

WHY BI WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Try to reset your default setting of your video card. For NVIDIA, those from GeForce Experience.

Hello,

ARMA 3 error "The instruction at 0x0e1ccd32 referenced memory into the adress "0x0000004". Memory could not be "read" when I go to the controles settings to bind a button.

Тhen there is a window with an error 0x0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION game run without mods.

Tried to reinstall ARMA 3, delete all the modes and DLL's, check the integrity of the game cache in the Steam . Nothing helps. I can't rebind controles. The report attached, please help!

like the rest of us in this same boat you will have to wait for the 1.60 patch.

I have been told from one of the devs that the issue is being addressed in this next patch.

I did upgrade to the RC1.60 patch to test but could not get on any servers so have reverted and am now waiting patiently for the fix.