ziffa

Arma 3 crash error: 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

i hope somebody can help me with this,it happens randomly dunno why,i have only the error report since the file dump need an uppload(let me know if you need it)

Should be fixed on the next patch. I tried the rc today and it was working. We just need to wait for the release

i fixed the problem doing a file check from steam,try it 

add -malloc=system to start parameter this will fix crashes most the time using patch 1.50 !

since i can't start a new topic i will post here also, i have similar issue even if not quite the same one.

i can't get Arma 3 to run now on Windows 10 anymore, i get a 0xc000007b (status_invalid_image_format) error.

i already tried: verified the game on steam, uninstaled and reinstaled the game, run AiOruntimes, DDL packages for syswow64,

i cant think of any solution by now...

• Like 1

Crash - d3d error - dxgi_error_device_removed

Anyone else having the error "d3d error - dxgi_error_device_removed"?

I tried reinstalling the game, reinstall the video driver, update the video driver, I did video driver downgrade and the problem continues.

I can start the game normally, but after 5-20 minutes it crash.

i have been having this problem with arma 3 for months.I have talked to customer support and been through multi re installs and other steps trying to fix what ever this problem is.The problem came after a big patch arma 3 did.I was told that a friend had down loaded Ark and his arma 3 done the same thing.Not sure if there is any truth to this but thats what i heard.So if anyone can help me out id be so pumped.

I have been getting both the status access violation error and the dxgi error device removed error as well for some time now. Some days I can play all day with one crash while on others Arma will crash after crash within minutes of each other. But I'll also get windows error stating that my display driver has crashed and has been successfully restored, which is the only case that I won't have to completely restart my pc.

Hello,

thank you for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please send me your game logs/crashdumps?

The crashdump (mdmp + rpt + bidmp) files should be located in this directory:

<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Once you have collected these, please ZIP them up and upload them to some free file sharing service (e.g. Dropbox) and PM me the link.

Here is also a link to BI Community page that contains list of common Exit Codes, with and explanation and some suggestion on how to deal with them, before trying that however, please send me your crashdump files.

Thank you :)

• Like 2

Also in the same boat as everyone here!

It is intensely frustrating to be greeted with silence from Bohemia on this issue - if any admins get round to reading this, an acknowledgement that you are at least looking into it would go a long way to restoring faith!

Apart from the frustration at not being able to game with my friends, I am investing a significant amount of time in researching & testing work-arounds. (which to date sadly have not worked) so its not as if I (and I suspect most other players in this situation) are sitting idly on our hands waiting to be spoon fed a solution.

Indeed there is a strong sense of 'being in it together' So please Bohemia keep us in the loop!

thanks

Rob

• Like 1

Hello Iam also getting the same message when it crashes to deskstop{access _violation error.}and memory error.{application not being able to read.this was when I tried to put down a rpg gunner down in the eden editor and it has crashed to desktop,Also experiencing crashes,clicking ending the mission and trying to get back to the editor The game is fantastic when it works right I love it.I have been playing on the arma 3 maps.rhs mods.Ithis is were the recent crashes have occurred .I hope this will help the devs .

I'm getting this error/crash more often than not in both editors. The game seems very unstable since Eden was rolled out.

This is becoming really frustrating. My game crashes, with this error message, like one of five times I add something in the new 3D editor. As long as I don't place anthing in the editor everything works just fine. I have tested to uninstall alll my mods, but the same thing happens anyway. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Also in the same boat as everyone here!

It is intensely frustrating to be greeted with silence from Bohemia on this issue - if any admins get round to reading this, an acknowledgement that you are at least looking into it would go a long way to restoring faith!

Apart from the frustration at not being able to game with my friends, I am investing a significant amount of time in researching & testing work-arounds. (which to date sadly have not worked) so its not as if I (and I suspect most other players in this situation) are sitting idly on our hands waiting to be spoon fed a solution.

Indeed there is a strong sense of 'being in it together' So please Bohemia keep us in the loop!

thanks

Rob

My post is right above yours, the last thing you ought to have read before you contributed. 

Please read the post, I have included a link to to Community Wiki where most common fixes for this issue are listed as well as provided some steps so you can get the crashdumps (and provide us with them) so we can look into it. This error is pretty general (might be caused by many reason, same error message does not mean exactly the same issue) and without proper info, there is nothing we can at least grasp on.

Again, please check out my post and once/if you are able to provide me with the crashdumps, send me those files. If game crashes when running no mods, please make sure to generate few crashdumps for game crashes without mods,

@fallingsoftly @Reschiiv @rik@mail.org

I believe I did not receive any PM with the links from you too, so you too, if possible, try to find the logs and send them. 

@NEH4PRES

Thank you for the logs :)

• Like 1

Hi razazel,

Weirdness for me, too.  Game worked perfectly two nights ago... now it won't even launch.  I've tried with the launcher and no mods selected, and with Arma3Sync with lots of mods selected (bypassing the launcher), and I've opted out of the Steam Beta programs... the game just crashes before it even loads, as there isn't a .rpt file in my appdata folder even created for these runs (I see the crash report zip does have my last three successful rpt files, though, so that's good).  I tried deleting just the dlls in the dll folder and let Steam replace them... nothing.  I tried removing the arma3.exe and redownloading from Steam... nothing.  I deleted everything in the folder and let Steam redownload the entire game... still the same crash.  Multiple reboots... ensured I was up to date on Windows updates (these are honestly always suspect to me...)  The only things I've done on my computer since the last time the game worked was install Windows Updates and install a new program I bought Mirillis Action! (which I had the trial installed for during our last session, and it worked perfectly).

I'm PMing you the link to the crash report that was prepared.  Thanks for any assistance you can provide. :)

Marc

Hello,

thank you for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please send me your game logs/crashdumps?

The crashdump (mdmp + rpt + bidmp) files should be located in this directory:
<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Once you have collected these, please ZIP them up and upload them to some free file sharing service (e.g. Dropbox) and PM me the link.

Here is also a link to BI Community page that contains list of common Exit Codes, with and explanation and some suggestion on how to deal with them, before trying that however, please send me your crashdump files.

Thank you :)

Hey everyone, I too have issues with ARMA 3 crashing randomly during games (and once even just sitting in the main menu  while I was AFK) with AND without mods, since some time late last year it has been a problem for me. 

There doesn't seem to be any particular situation or even that causes it, and it occurs anywhere from 5 minutes to over an hour into playing - sometimes it doesn't crash at all. 

I have PM'd razazel links to my crash logs, you guys should do the same so perhaps he/she can spot a trend in what causes it. 

I find it ruins my immersion when in the middle of an amazing firefight with my friends, my game decides to instantly crash to desktop with the annoying memory access violation. My friends sometimes have the same crash too, but it seems I get it more often. They don't know how to fix it.

Good luck razazel.

I'm annoyed at myself for not thinking of it sooner, as it's usually part of my normal troubleshooting... but I disabled my AVG Free antivirus and the game launches perfectly, like it should.  Even after AVG comes back on (I just disabled it for 10 minutes and tried starting the game), it doesn't seem to affect stability.  Why it won't let the game start, but has no problem with it while it's running... well, who knows.  

So my problem is "resolved" inasmuch as it's not a Bohemia issue.

Thanks to razazel for the offer of help, and I hope the other folks having the issue can find a resolution as well.  I guess all I can add is "try disabling your av".