species1571

One and a half years in beta

Version 1.07.0025 has now been in beta state for over 18 months. Worst of all is that many Steam users do not realise you have to opt into the beta separately from having automatic updates, plus the retail patch has until now been unavailable from the official link on these forums.

Not to worry, a moderator has now said the link will be fixed "ASAP", only 14 months after it was first reported as broken. Good work, team.

• Like 1

I added my digital purchase to Steam hoping a reinstall would fix the issue with the game crashing all the time.  Nope.  Even with the beta patch, it still crashes when going from island to island.  I would like to play this again but it doesn't look like it will ever get fixed.

• Like 1

Hi guys. Development on the game has been stopped.  BI never announced this, which is pretty disgusting treatment of their customers. They were probably afraid that if they announced they would no longer be fixing the game, people would start asking for refunds, and it's too late now.

I'm afraid you're going to have to enjoy the game in it's current broken state.

• Like 2

way to go...good thing i never bought another bi game after cc...and with this kind of behaviour i never will be .. what was once a good games company has become just a total disappointment.

sad that this much potential that was cc has just been wasted with another low quality,half-assed remake...despite massive suggestions for the better from various beta backers (including me).

• Like 2

way to go...good thing i never bought another bi game after cc...and with this kind of behaviour i never will be .. what was once a good games company has become just a total disappointment.

sad that this much potential that was cc has just been wasted with another low quality,half-assed remake...despite massive suggestions for the better from various beta backers (including me).

I have PC version 1.6, no crashes yet...., there are some minor issues ive seen (like the carrier on the MAP doesn't update its rotation when doing it manually).

I'm not really totally feeling the game play like the Atari version, however its not too bad (i still have the Atari one)

• Like 1

It's really rude from them, to make an beta update, that brings mod support and then they stopped making anything about this. That brings me two questions.

First: Is it to complicated to complete something that you allready begann?

Secons: When they didn't complete a patch, what are they doing with other games from them. (Releasing from unfinished games like X Rebirth at the begin(I know it's not from them B) ))

My opinion is, that this doesn't gives an good image for them.

• Like 1