S.Crowe

Loadout Transfer v1.7 - important bug fix

UPDATE - version 1.6

New Features:

• Added a new module called Loadout Transfer Settings where you can set the transfer distance and allow the loadout menu to show upon respawn
  • You can now enable and disable Loadout in the Loadout Transfer Menu.

***NOTE***

Before you guys get too excited, you will see Server LOs, this button will not do anything but is getting ready for 2.0

• Like 1

Got my serve setup, and will be working towards version 2.0, which will be my final version (with exception of bug fixes).. Thinking about starting a new topic called "Loadout Transfer 2.0" due to the number of video allowed in one post, and when I get to 2.0, I will have about 6 videos discussing the features of the mod.

Thanks to everybody who has been using the mod/script and have either helped me find bugs or have suggested their own ideas.

• Like 2

Hey just downloaded your mod, as i think its really nice, just cant get the menu to show up on objects on a dedicated server. it works in editor but as soon i load the mission on our server, there is no menu on the ammobox. I have the mod on the server, but just cant get it to work. 

Is there anything special in the mod version to get it to work on a dedicated? 

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Update both mod versions to 1.7 to fix the issue that pandex reported. My bad guys I had one line of code wrong, which messed it up on dedicated servers. Please update your mod versions.

UPDATE - version 1.7

Fixed:

• An issues with the mod versions where no one would have the menu on dedicated servers

Thanks pandex for reporting the issue.

• Like 1

Regarding the E-Mod version... I'm finding that the "Loadout Transfer Settings" module is not working at all. It seems to have no effect on arsenal boxes of any kind. And if I add the loadout transfer menu to a box to try and disable something, then there are two menu items now. Outside of that, the E-mod version works pretty good.

The scenario we use this for is when we want to put down a box with say, just explosives in it. Well the E-Mod version gives them access to the arsenal. So it's almost like cheating. And I can't find a way to disable it.

Is there something I can put in the init box to just disable the loadout transfer menu?

Well the E-Mod version is for cheating. It was really created for single player, or groups that like the old VAS mod with the Loadout Menu being one every ammo box. The E stands for Every

You are correct in that the modules don't do anything to E-Mod version. I should probably remove them from the E-Mod version altogether.

Here is the description from the E-Mod version:

This is a special version that has all the features of the mod version and it includes the full Loadout Transfer menu to every ammo box in the game (and from other mods as long as they are descendant of vanilla ammo boxes). You cannot turn this feature off, so if you don't want that feature then use the regular mod version.

I think the version you want is the Regular Mod version.

After reading your post it is clear to me that the E-Mod and the regular mod versions need to be differentiated even more. Sometime next week, I will

• change the keys for both of them so that you cannot sneak onto a server running the regular version with your "cheat" version.
  • get rid of the modules on the E-Mod version, and maybe add a special module for that edition
  • Change the name from E-Mod to Loadout Transfer SP Edition

Therefore, as of next week, you wont be able to use the two mod versions interchangeably.

@flexgrip thanks for the feedback and sorry for the confusion

No no. Totally my fault. It was late, my wife was telling me to get to bed and I decided not to RTFM.

I'll switch us out with the Regular version. I have my eyes glued to this thread for server loadouts :)

Thanks so much for your hard work. People don't often tell open source developers this enough. But thank you again and again. Great job.

Well in the end, you helped me. So no problems. Let me know if something is amiss.

As of 3:47 PM Friday, July 1, 2016 (GMT+1), the mod's license has been changed to WTFPL 2.0. This license covers all previous versions and future versions. The only exception is the broken 1.6 version, which will be under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No-Derivatives (CC-NC-ND).

Q: Why the change?

A:  its a mod to a freaking game that almost no one will play in 20 years and I am making 0 dollars from it.

(If anyone knows of a stricter license to put the broken 1.6 version under please let me know.)

Just a question, do you have a button that transfer a loadout to all members instead of clicking each member one by one? :D

@S.Crowe - 1Q = when working on version 2 (MP) will it possible and doable to have limited number of designated slots e.g. 1xofficer 3xrifleman etc etc - hope you know what I trying to say  :)  and ... thanks for yr work  :wub:

@spoor, I think I understand you. While this will be supported, you will have use BI's vanilla spawn screen. Take a look below to see if this will meet your needs.

Everything below applies to the unreleased version 2.0, please do not try and do this in version 1.7 (because the modules don't exist  :P )

Basically, what you will do is place down a unit in the eden editor. Then edit the unit's loadout to what you want it to be for say a "rifleman". Then place down a Mission Loadouts Module. Sync the module to the temporary unit with the loadout you want.Then in the module name the loadout, in this case "Rifleman", check the "Add Loadout To Respawn", and put a number for the loadout limit, say 3.

Now when you start the game, on the respawn screen you will see your loadout named "Rifleman", and it will have a limit so only three people can select it. Of course in the game, the unit you made is now gone. He only existed to hold the loadout, and was deleted at the start of the mission.

@spoor, I think I understand you. While this will be supported, you will have use BI's vanilla spawn screen. Take a look below to see if this will meet your needs.

CUT .....

Thanks yr fast reply. I'm asking this because we will start 65+ coop soon and would like to use your loadout system, we will not use the vanilla respawn so the above will not really work for us. On the start we will have certain number of designated slots which will meet the exact number of players signed in for the mission. Ofcourse we can make a loadout script but your system would be perfect and very easy to adjust - pls to hear - thanks 

@Spoor walk me through what you want to happen.

So I join your server, and I join a slot, come in the game. Does the loadout menu poppup as soon as I spawn, and I select a loadout? Or,  do I go to an ammo box and select a loadout?

I understand the whole loadout limit. Only 5 people can have rifleman loadouts. I'm just unsure of when and how they are getting their loadouts.

For example, if they are signing into a designated "Rifleman" slot on the server, then you don't even need my script (or any scriot) because you can just modify their character's loadout in the editor to specific rifleman loadout.

So I join your server, and I join a slot, come in the game. Does the loadout menu poppup as soon as I spawn, and I select a loadout? Or,  do I go to an ammo box and select a loadout?

I understand the whole loadout limit. Only 5 people can have rifleman loadouts. I'm just unsure of when and how they are getting their loadouts.

For example, if they are signing into a designated "Rifleman" slot on the server, then you don't even need my script (or any scriot) because you can just modify their character's loadout in the editor to specific rifleman loadout.

For me, it's just about the basic server loadouts. So let's say we make our training base, and on that we want all the new recruits to have our basic loadouts for each role. They could go to a box, hit a menu from your module and they can automagically get the loadouts.

Would be even better if everyone that logged in just had the loadouts.

But are you saying that right now, we could just make it to where we place units with the loadouts we want and they can walk up to them and take them from them instead of a real life person transferring them?

Hope this makes sense. How are things going?

• Like 1

Players should go to an ammo box to get their custom loadout and yes you are right loadouts can be modified in Eden which has been overlooked by me  :banghead:  - srry for the trouble - thanks

@flexgrip

Version 2.0 will support basic serve loadouts and mission specific loadouts. Both will be supported  :D 

When is 2.0 coming out?
Well, I wanted it to be last weekend, but it looks like more like next week,

• Like 2

@flexgrip

When is 2.0 coming out?

Well, I wanted it to be last weekend, but it looks like more like next week,

Bad ass! Thanks so much man. Still loving what this mod gives us. Very handy.

Just discovered this ....love it, using the E Version, however when I hit transfer, it only goes to the AI highlighted, it doesn't go to everyone within the (set distance) BiS must've done something with the patches as well, as like the VA, the insignias are not transferring over either. 

Other than that, totally cool addon.

I would like to translate your script\mod. :D  Can i receive "stringtable.xml" file from you? :rolleyes:  (eng-ukr)