S.Crowe

Loadout Transfer v1.7 - important bug fix

I love your mod ! It's easy to use , easy to set that's perfect some big team ! Also i've got a little request. I don't know what type of arma you play but some team use ACRE2 mod and this mod don't really like the way the arsenal is setting up and spawning the loadout. 
So the easy way is to save without radio but .... how to be sure to don't have radio ? that's why i ask you if you can set an option to eliminate all the radios in a particular loadout. Is it possible ?

@thebaconjedi

Confirmed. Just tested trying to transfer a loadout made with RHS gear when my current mod setup was vanilla, and whamo! Nake! At the moment, and in the foreseen future, only transfer loadouts that have current activated mods gear.

@m1n1d0u

ACRE2 and TFAR don't play well with Arsenal (or VAS for that matter) because of the way the radio systems work. Is it possible to remove all radios in a loadout? Yes. Am I going to implement that? No. Too much work for just following the simple rule of not saving a loadout with a radio. I did it for 6 months in my old clan. You get use to it.

I can totaly understand that and it's was not for me but for all the "dumb" player who don't follow the rules and brake the night or mission of the other players. But thanks anyway i love your mod !

Hey, in your readme.pdf there is an extra space on the first page in the first grey box:

#include "loadoutTransfer\LT\LTmenu.hpp"
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "[SPACE]loadoutTransfer\LT\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

Tried to copy&paste that part and it caused the game to crash.

By the way: Why did you add the extra folder?

@Ian Bones

Oops to the extra space! I'll fix that it my next update.

The extra folder is for the construction of the pbo. Kinda sucks, but that is life.

Yeah, I don't really care, just wondering.

I'm totally looking forward to safe Mission-Loadouts. I definitely will try to find a way for missionmakers to pre-safe Loadouts, wish me luck :D

Maybe with the new SQM format that is coming in the update, there will be away. If there is away, trust me, it will be added to this mod.

Man, God blessing you!!!

You don't know how much I've been wating for such addon!!!

I play only single player, so every time i start a mission, i must to make my squad units accessible via some addon, then then enable virtual arsenal via other addon, then switch to every unit, access virtual arsenal find necessary loadout and aply it to every unit and for my self...

The other thing, that is very annoying in arma3, is inability to sort list of already created loadouts in virtual arsenal.

I have plenty of them, different units with different loadouts for each faction. But i cannot move or reorganize them after some changes. So I've tryed by myself to edit file with VA loadouts, but have no success, coze lack of necessary skills.

I've even asked for some othet modmakers to create addon that will allow to aply loadouts for squad members via menu... But they didn't want to do this.

So maybe now you anderstand how i thank you! :)

I only have some suggestions for you, if you don't mind...

1. To allow permanent access to "loadout transfer" via ingame menu (mouse wheel menu). It still take to much time to use mods that allow start zeus, than add ammo box, than come to it, than start "loadout transfer".... and do it everytime i want to apply loadout to my squad.

2. Also if i want to apply same loadout to few members of the squad, i need to do it one by one, it still annoying, especially if you have a big squad. So mabe to add checkboxes near units names in squad list and than apply loadout to selected units.

3. Double tap to apply selected loadout from loadouts list can also be a nice, time saved feature.

4. The last thing is to add more options to organize loadouts list, now it allow only move them up and down. It can be great if there will be ability to save them in groups, or folders, or logical tree (you know with (+) and (-) expanded list)

Anyway huge thank you for your work!!!

@boombastic

1. To allow permanent access to "loadout transfer" via ingame menu (mouse wheel menu). It still take to much time to use mods that allow start zeus, than add ammo box, than come to it, than start "loadout transfer".... and do it everytime i want to apply loadout to my squad.

Could do it the way VAS does it, and apply it to every backpack and ammobox. I gotta think about it.

2. Also if i want to apply same loadout to few members of the squad, i need to do it one by one, it still annoying, especially if you have a big squad. So mabe to add checkboxes near units names in squad list and than apply loadout to selected units. 

I like this idea... Good thinking!

3. Double tap to apply selected loadout from loadouts list can also be a nice, time saved feature. 

Too lazy to implement that, but maybe one day.

4. The last thing is to add more options to organize loadouts list, now it allow only move them up and down. It can be great if there will be ability to save them in groups, or folders, or logical tree (you know with (+) and (-) expanded list) 

Not possible. I use strictly vanilla BI loadout profile storage. BI doesn't allow it, I can't either.

Thanks for quick reply!

"Could do it the way VAS does it, and apply it to every backpack and ammobox. I gotta think about it."

I will be glad to see this option permanently in menu (like "MCC" addon does) without being linked to any object. To avoid unnecessary movement's each time the game start.

I understand that such a thing become some kind of cheating, but it can be togglble via settings file or something else.

I thought about other "killer feature"...

Maybe you will like it. I sure many players will like it :)

I also don't know if it will be complicated to perform or not... You say...

So, the main idea to implement automatic units replacement with presets from Virtual Arsenal.

In your addon player can choose any existing loadout and press button "Assign to unit... " and then choose from drop down list of existing units in arma. Player need to do the assignment only once, not after per game restart and only for units he want to change.

When i say "unit" i mean soldier type: medic, AT soldier, sniper e.t.c.

That's all... Just after player start any mission, he will open your addon and press "Replace Units" button.

The addon will search for any existing or newly spawned units for specific faction and switch loadout into it.

Sound simple aah? :D

I'm sure it will be very anticipated feature for many arma players! It will add a fresh blood for any of your favorite or new missions!

Maybe it even cure all diseases on the planet, and change the future of the whole humanity!!!

:D

Can I setup pre-made loadout's in one of the sqf files?

I went through the script and could not find anything like that.

Oh boy, Same here. this will make life alot easier for large scale missions and people that join in progress and not have a gearset saved in arsenal.

Great mod. :)

Eagerly looking forward to server-side loadouts!

Yeah I gotta get that done. It's not hard. Planning on a new version soon.

• Like 1

Can you upload this to the Steam Workshop? Or may I on your behalf?

This is a great app, very easy to use. Very simple and uncomplicated. Thank you.

@Sabot And Heat

Yeah I can upload it to steam. Let me get version 2.0 out the door. Maybe I can do it this weekend. 

• Like 2

Two queries

1. installation for script version.

The directions state "Place the LT folder in your mission folder "

Should this be "LT-1.0" parent folder or "LT" within src or LT within Loadout transfer subdirectories?

2. To save your currently equipped loadout without the option to access the loadout transfer options or arsenal, is there any easy way to attach this to an object?

I have been using the mod version with great success. But want to move to the script version as some of our missions seek to limit the players available equipment.

Thanks - excellent mod.

Cheers

I think I worked out part 1. 

I gather that you need to put both SRC and LoadoutTransfer folders into the mission

I am encountering "loadoutTransfer\LT\LTcommon.hpp .VAS_RscControlsGroup: Member already defined". error?

@dogdoor

Are running VAS or my Mod + Script. Either of those things will cause issues. You have turn script or mod, not both.

There is going to be an update soon, which allow you set more features in the mod version.

• Like 1

Thanks, I stripped out VAS and bunch of old scripts and it seems to be fine now. 

Cheers.

Version 2 should be done by next week.

What you will see in version 2:

• Removal of any VAS references 

Loadout Transfer is not based on VAS, but I used Sa-Matra's common.hpp (with his permission) for defining control GUI elements. However, some of the class names contained VAS, which caused issues when trying to run VAS and LT. Also, it is good practice to keep all class names with the same prefix as the mod/script

• Server Loadouts - loadouts can be saved to the server (by admins) and loaded by players

• Preview of loadouts - there will be a little preview windows with the ui icons for the gear of that loadout

• Eden integration - Cool things... to be explained on release.

There probably wont be a version 3 as the LT mod/script has done everything it was meant to do. This was only meant to be a light mod that was completely vanilla in loadouts (unlike other loadout saving mods).

If you have any suggests (not previously posted) for version 2, now would be the time to submit them.

• Like 1

Hello S.Crowe,

Any update on 2.0? I ask primarily because it appears that the 1.60 release of the game has broken the 'transfer' function. When I attempt to transfer a loadout to another player it the process leaves them with only an 'empty' loadout, T shirt and underwear. Also will a mission maker/administrator be able to restrict available loadouts to only the ones on the server?

We are also having the same issue on our server.  Ever since the update to 1.6 Transfer function is no longer working.  Any plans to release 2.0?  Or address this issue?

Has it been two months? Wow. I apologize to everyone. I am no longer in an Arma clan so I kinda put this baby way on the back burner. I probably should get that update out.

Now it's not working on 1.60 you say? That's strange.

Well, the earliest I can look at the code is Thursday. I'll put up a post this week letting everyone know the real ETA.