S.Crowe

Loadout Transfer v1.7 - important bug fix

****This mod is dead, but don't cry there is a second version right HERE****

LT.jpg Loadout Transfer

Version 1.7 - 6/28/2016

Intro

Loadout Transfer is a addon meant for mission makers that will allow players to not only transfer their loadouts to other players on the server, but will also allow players to load their loadouts, save their loadouts, edit the loadout order, and more. Loadout Transfer does all this by working within vanilla BI loadout storage (Arsenal).

As of 1.5, there are three versions of the mod, which version will you choose?

Script Version 1.5

The script version must be included in your mission folder (make sure to read the documentation). It is standalone, and does not require anyone to download an extra mod.

Download

Script Video Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-HxtkC7_Cw

Regular Mod Version 1.7

This is the regular mod version. It has all the features of the script version plus it allows you to quickly setup Loadout Transfer menus using a module in the editor. This is idiot proof. Install mod, place down module, sync objects you want to have the menu to module.

Remember all missions made with the mod version will require that users have the Regular version or E version installed

Download

E Mod Version 1.7

This is a special version that has all the features of the mod version and it includes the full Loadout Transfer menu to every ammo box in the game (and from other mods as long as they are descendant of vanilla ammo boxes). You cannot turn this feature off, so if you don't want that feature then use the regular mod version.

Remember all missions made with the mod version will require that users have the Regular version or E version installed

Download

Other Download Links (Steam, Armaholic, WithSix):

Features

All features (except for Load) can be turned off or on

ltmenu.jpg

Load

With LT, you can load all your Arsenal loadouts with an easy to access menu. This is quicker than going into the Arsenal, and is also quicker because there is no animation involved. Your loadout will be loaded almost instantly. What makes it even better, is that you can load loadouts that have missing items (due to mod changes) without any issue.

Transfer

Transfer allows you to transfer any loadout you have saved in the Arsenal to any player on the server. Mission makers can change the distance required for a loadout to be transferred in the init.sqf. As of version 1.0, you can now transfer loadouts to AI players as long as they are either in your group or a classified as playable.

As user thebaconjedi found out the hard way, if you try and transfer a loadout that contains items from an unactive mod, it will instead transfer a blank loadout. Rule of thumb: only transfer loadouts that have gear from currently activated mods.

Arsenal

Good old fashion Arsenal

Manage LOs

Manage Loadouts is a feature that lets you reorder your Arsenal loadouts, change the name of Arsenal loadouts, and edit Arsenal loadouts.

Server LOs *WIP not added yet*

Players will be able to pull loadouts off of the server, and admins will be able to save loadouts to the server.

Check Player *Admin Only*

Admins will be able to load the gear of the any player in the server. This is a great way to check if a player is using equipment they are not suppose to have.

Save Gear

Save your current loadout to BI Arsenal format without going into the Arsenal

My old clan, has been testing this script addon for about three months without issue, but please let me know if there are any issues or features you would like to see.

License - WTFPL 2.0

DO WHAT THE F**K YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE                     Version 2, December 2004  Copyright (C) 2004 Sam Hocevar <sam@hocevar.net>  Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified  copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long  as the name is changed.             DO WHAT THE F**K YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE    TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION   0. You just DO WHAT THE F**K YOU WANT TO.

Change Log

UPDATE - version 1.7

Fixed:

• An issues with the mod versions where no one would have the menu on dedicated servers.

UPDATE - version 1.6

New Features:

• Added a new module called Loadout Transfer Settings where you can set the transfer distance and allow the loadout menu to show upon respawn
  • You can now enable and disable Loadout in the Loadout Transfer Menu.

***NOTE***

Before you guys get too excited, you will see Server LOs, this button will not do anything but is getting ready for 2.0

UPDATE - version 1.5

New Features:

• 3 versions that you can use depending on your person taste and clan choices
  • New module in the mod version

Fixes

• Fixed loadouts not being transferred
  • Fixed error when you clicked Edit in Manager
  • Removed old VAS tags in dialogs - now VAS and LT can be used together
  • Fixed old dialog settings (Arma II carryover)
  • Fixed random issues with scripts

UPDATE - version 1.0

New Features:

• You can now transfer loadouts to AI units
  • You can now transfer loadouts to member in your group (before you could only transfer to playable unit
  • Now in PBO form... mostly for singleplayer. The full loadout transfer menu is on all ammon boxes that descend from vanilla ammo boxes.

Fixes

• Hint "hello" when you change a name (thanks Ian Bones for reporting)
  • After exiting MANAGE LOS, it would not go back to main menu (thanks Ian Bones for reporting)
  • Like 3

Sounds pretty darn nifty, good job!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Loadout Transfer v0.1 beta

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This looks cool.One question-If I am playing a mission leading 4 AI ,can I transfer a loadout on to them the way i could with a player?i hate having a squad of ai with vanilla gear and having to manually tell them to pick up various weapons and helmets etc

• Like 1

You know ineptaphid, I was going to add that feature, but I thought nobody would want it. If you will use it, I can add it and update this weekend. Right now, if you transfer AI a loadout, it wont do anything.

• Like 1

This looks cool.One question-If I am playing a mission leading 4 AI ,can I transfer a loadout on to them the way i could with a player?i hate having a squad of ai with vanilla gear and having to manually tell them to pick up various weapons and helmets etc

+1 this. For those who play sp like me this function would be awesome. Currently using outfit gear mod for this very reason. Cheers.

First of all: Nice work! Waited for this since Arsenal, thank you so much.

I found a few things:

• File fn_changeName.sqf Line 93: hint "hello";
  • Instead of using an init.sqf executed from the missions init.sqf you could just write LT_distance = 20; into the initServer.sqf (or you can make it optional)
  • After exiting the LOAD, TRANSFER, CHECK PLAYER or SAFE GEAR menu via ESC the mainmenu opens again, after exiting the MANAGE LOS menu it doesn't.

Some Questions:

1. Will it be possible for mission-builders to save Missions-LOs in the mission? That would be really awesome.
  2. Is it possible for you to activate the IMPORT-Button inside Arsenal or do a workaround like a button on your menu?
  3. Is there a reason the Check Player is only available for logged in Admins? Would be nice to have that for everyone, I mean LOs are not a secret.
  4. Am I allowed to change a few things in this script as long as I do not publish it and just use it in missions for our clan?

If you have questions or need a helping hand just pm me or join our TeamSpeak.

Ian Bones

Will it be possible for mission-builders to save Missions-LOs in the mission? That would be really awesome.

No this is not possible because Arma doesn't have a native write or read ability (besides to the profile). That's why mods like MCC make you copy/paste stuff.

Is it possible for you to activate the IMPORT-Button inside Arsenal or do a workaround like a button on your menu?

The import button is not activated? It should be.

Is there a reason the Check Player is only available for logged in Admins? Would be nice to have that for everyone, I mean LOs are not a secret.

It allows you get the LOs of any player on the server (including AI played players) from any distance. Could be used to cheat. Although, I could make it an Admin on and off in the init.sqf

Am I allowed to change a few things in this script as long as I do not publish it and just use it in missions for our clan?

NO NEVER because of the All in Arma contest... Oh wait! That's over? Well then, go ahead. If you do anything cool, PM me a copy, and maybe we can just add it on here.

Thanks for your bug reports!

I'll also be releasing mod version for SP players soon.

+1 this. For those who play sp like me this function would be awesome. Currently using outfit gear mod for this very reason. Cheers.

Whats outfit gear mod?

Disregard-I looked it up.This looks like it will be useful :)

The import button is not activated? It should be.

It is activated in SP but not in MP. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19822

If you do anything cool, PM me a copy, and maybe we can just add it on here.

Just changed the colour of the action menus to fit into our Missions-Template and deleted the admin-check for "CHECK PLAYER" since we are mostly playing COOP. If I've got something I'll let you know but most of that stuff is too advanced for me.

You know ineptaphid, I was going to add that feature, but I thought nobody would want it. If you will use it, I can add it and update this weekend. Right now, if you transfer AI a loadout, it wont do anything.

It would be great if you could add it- a lot of people play SP with AI and changing a four man squads gear can take almost 15 mins otherwise.Thanks

Hi,

can you make an addon version of this?

Great work!

Hi,

can you make an addon version of this?

Great work!

You mean script version? If that so, I would like the same.

Anyways, good job!

You mean script version? If that so, I would like the same.

Anyways, good job!

It already is in script form, at least LTbeta.zip that I downloaded from OP. Files you put in your mission.

I am asking for an addon if viable.

If we could do this for AI it would be increadibly valuable before going out on a mission.  Seems the darn AI never have what you need them to when a MRAP comes along! :)

• Like 2

Mark me down as another supporter of this feature, this is possibly more annoying than the shoddy AI.

UPDATE - version 1.0

New Features:

• You can now transfer loadouts to AI units
  • You can now transfer loadouts to member in your group (before you could only transfer to playable unit)
  • Now in PBO form... mostly for singleplayer. The full loadout transfer menu is on all ammon boxes that descend from vanilla ammo boxes.

Fixes

• Hint "hello" when you change a name (thanks Ian Bones for reporting)
  • After exiting MANAGE LOS, it would not go back to main menu (thanks Ian Bones for reporting)
  • Like 2

Thank you! Been waiting for the sp version!

So for MP we should use the Script Version?

I would, otherwise it would require everyone to have the mod, and then anyone could change their loadout from any ammo box (similar to VAS mod vs VAS script)

With the script version, the mission maker can choose were and when to implement LT.

• Like 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Loadout Transfer v1.0

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

How do I get the mod version to activate / work? I've looked in the editor for modules or game logics.....I have nothing in the action menu or when I pull up the Virtual Arsenal....I cannot figure out how to use it in script or mod version for that matter. Is there an action key that needs to be assigned (in the mod version)?

UPDATE: Disregard. I found out that I can gain access to any ammo crate (I was trying it from a VA, VAS, LEA script I was using on a connex box).

@-poet-

LOL. No problem mate. Glad you figured it out. Have fun!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey stcrowe , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Great concept for a mod.

I am having a slight issue and thought I would ask...

Using the mod version, I can get the LT menu to come up while near an ammo crate and it works fine for just me but I can not transfer to an AI under my command because it just strips all their gear leaving them practically naked. Is there some trick to it or did I simply miss something?

Cheers and keep up the good work.