akvadakar

Zeus

Hey guys,

here is first release of Zeus mission.

It is MP only (tested mostly in dedicated server) - Zeus creates mission in real-time for other players.

DOWNLOAD no-addon version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hmqf2y2cv9bg97x/%5BBIS%5D_Zeus.rar(Zeus = 3x Spetz Natz)

You can change class names in init.sqs.

You can pre-create groups/units in editor - just add: [this] exec "mark.sqs" in init line of each group leader so Zeus can see them. However I do not recommend using waypoints for these units because Zeus may have problem to use MOVE AI function.

Enjoy & post any suggestions / bugs!

• Like 3

I was only able to test this in local MP and just by myself, but it looks good so far.

A couple things:

1. Skye has some addon dependencies that weren't included in your zip file. I guess you used v2, found here.
  2. It'd be better if you make all those markers invisible (type "empty") at the start of the mission, and change them back to whatever the icon you need is when needed. While you've placed them out of the way, they are still visible by all the players and it's quite immersion breaking and somewhat annoying.

Other than that, all the options I tested seemed to work fine in my limited tests. The Zeus menu interface could use some cleaning and repositioning so each area is more clearly divided (spawning, AI orders, teleporting, etc), but I know what a pain creating those dialogs is, so I can sympathize if you just leave it that way.

There's also the inverted Z in the Zeus particles display, but that might be a stylistic choice.

• Like 1

Hey kenoxite,

thanks for the addons for Skye island. I will hide the markers in next version.

I used mando3dwrite.sqs to show that text and I have no idea why the Z is inverted or how the script work at all so lets say it is stylistic choice.

Cool stuff. Here's some suggestions from me:

- the "Zeus" person spawns at the same place as the other players so other players could abuse him if he doesn't teleport fast enough (maybe make him invisible to others?)

- it would be cool to have a spectating cam for your own spawned units or for the players team (there was some "spectate" option but I was able to spectate only myself)

- objectives for players, either setting the score or time limit before the mission starts or some in-mission objectives like "assassinate that guy", "ambush that convoy", "clear that base", "go to that position", etc.

- AI ranks for possible increased difficulty

- how about natural disasters like floods, burning trees, falling meteorites, heavy winds, etc? ;p   I'm aware this might be a bit too much to ask for and might require some special scripts and/or fwatch to work

- the "Zeus" person spawns at the same place as the other players so other players could abuse him if he doesn't teleport fast enough (maybe make him invisible to others?)

That's a good idea indeed. WW4 have a dummy civ unit (Civillians->WW4 Assistants), which is invisible. Since EXT requires Sanc's WW4, You could use that unit, instead of BI civillian, in EXT versions of mission.

- objectives for players, either setting the score or time limit before the mission starts or some in-mission objectives like "assassinate that guy", "ambush that convoy", "clear that base", "go to that position", etc.

- AI ranks for possible increased difficulty

1. I dunno how it's made in A3 (or VBS where the roots of Zeus-style gameplay lie), but from what I gather it's up to Zeus player to provide the backstory, etc. So text messaging on white channel is essential.

2. IIRC there's a skill slider in ZEUS menu. But I don't know if it affects groups.

BTW: Zeus players should remember to never spawn helicopters above water. I assumed that air assets are spawned on some predefinied altitude, but soon I learned I was wrong ;)

• Like 1

That's a good idea indeed. WW4 have a dummy civ unit (Civillians->WW4 Assistants), which is invisible. Since EXT requires Sanc's WW4, You could use that unit, instead of BI civillian, in EXT versions of mission.

1. I dunno how it's made in A3 (or VBS where the roots of Zeus-style gameplay lie), but from what I gather it's up to Zeus player to provide the backstory, etc. So text messaging on white channel is essential.

2. IIRC there's a skill slider in ZEUS menu. But I don't know if it affects groups.

BTW: Zeus players should remember to never spawn helicopters above water. I assumed that air assets are spawned on some predefinied altitude, but soon I learned I was wrong ;)

What I ment was to include end triggers for certain tasks if that's possible. Else there's no actual objectives there and the only way to end a "mission" is to kill all players.

That slider seems to have no big impact on AI behaviour, generally it's the ranks that increase their accuracy.

I will make the Zeus spawn little further so players cannot see him at start but I do not want to make Zeus invisible.

The spectate option is to observe players only.

All AIs have COLONEL rank and the skill slider works (for groups/vehicles/single units etc. - mostly in WW4 you can see great difference).

The problem with objectives is that I cannot broadcast "TEXT" to other players from Zeus. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/publicVariable

However I will probably just add a selection of objectives for Zeus which he can use (ambush convoy, clear area, move to etc.).

First post updated: Added WW4 version on Kodiak.

Updated markers (empty type), removed Civilian8 (police officer), fixed behaviour/combat mode setting, fixed AA groups, updated create unit/groups/vehicle/tank scripts.

• Like 1

Missions like this prove that OFP is still a very advanced game with lots of potential, despite it's age and certain engine limits. Keep up the good work.  :)

• Like 1

First post updated: Added WW4 version on Kodiak.

Cool. But it'd be better if you remove the link to Kodiak v1.1.

WW4 Extended already includes a custom version of that island which uses buildings with removed window panes. This was done to avoid the problem with WW4 units becoming invisible through them. Those window-less buildings are found in vanilla WW4, so this version of Kodiak isn't standalone (it requires WW4).

When you install WW4 Extended you already have the correct version of Kodiak, as it's bundled with it. Linking the the old non-WW4 compatible just confuses things further.

Updated Zeus (no-addon version only)

Added "tasks" (hints), much faster Zeus UI, Zeus can revive all dead players by 1 click in his menu, Players can see friendly/enemy units markers (depends on MP lobby setting), players see map animation when Zeus teleports them + bug fixes.

New update for no-addon version (see the first post) - I will try to create the WW4 2.5 version ASAP.

Up to 3 players can be Zeus now. However they share some variables so it can be tricky sometimes ;)

Also updated some scripts and added a few new options in Zeus menu.

• Like 1

I will try to create the WW4 2.5 version ASAP.

When?

When?

As soon as possible :ph34r:

As soon as possible :ph34r:

Which, in modding terms, usually translates to... when it is done.

I understant it, last message from Akvadakar date 15 feb.

Today 2 april.  :rolleyes:

I understant it, last message from Akvadakar date 15 feb.

Today 2 april.  :rolleyes:

And ? Are modders forced to follow a schedule ?

And ? Are modders forced to follow a schedule ?

No, but I think more than one month this is no ASAP.

Anyway I don't understand you reaction, I ask only Thread Starter when release new WW4 Extended version.

ASAP means "as soon as possible". As in, "as soon as it is possible for me to do so". Not super extra fast.   :)

Ah I am sorry guys, I had to change my HDD to SSHD so I lost most of my data.

Anyway, the only thing you have to do is to change class names in init.sqs file from original OFP to WW4 class names.

(+ put the units on map so it does not lag when you spawn new unit)

• Like 2

Just find the class name you want to replace and put it into the appropriate section. 

So class SoldierWB, SoldierEB or SoldierGB ( Default West,East or Res soldiers) could be replaced with whatever WW4 classes you want to use instead.

Try the link in the first post.

Playing as Zeus you basicly build a mission for other players in real time. Its a take off of AMRA2 MCC Sandbox and Zeus