laxemann

LAxemann's DynaSound - Sonic Cracks Standalone

LAxemann proudly presents...
LAxemann's DynaSound - Sonic Cracks Standalone

What is this?
First: Nope, this is not the full modification DynaSound.

If you want to discuss the mod, please use the linked thread. :)

It may still take a while until I can finish the full version of DynaSound, but I wanted to release the sonic cracks separately.

Why? ArmA3 would actually have three bullet crack sounds, one for a close, mid and far distance. But for some reason, each distance has pretty much the same sound, which leads to situations

where you can't really decide if the bullet passed you close or far.

In DynaSound, every distance got it's own bullet crack sound.

P.s: No, I can't add multiple sounds per distance, that's how it works at the moment and I can't change that.

Media?

Download
DOWNLOAD

Requirements
None
  • Like 7

Been following DynaSound for a while now, and it is amazing that you would release this to us all real early. Thanks mate, and I can't wait for the full release. :)

awesome work!!! Really like the distant gunfire sounds as well. For now, does this work with other soundmods? specifically jsrs?

awesome work!!! Really like the distant gunfire sounds as well. For now, does this work with other soundmods? specifically jsrs?

Not sure, if another sound mod overwrites the bullet cracks, delete the specific PBO from the other soundmod's folder. :)

Just thought I'd leave this here. Here is a short mod review of both the sonic cracks and enhanced sound scape

Thanks LAxemann for your mods that enhance the Arma experience!

Very nice! Are there any noticeable fps issues with this?

From what I've played, not at all. It's 1.8MB and only changes the sonic cracks.

It's a fantastic addition to Arma though, much easier to tell what's going on around your location when it comes to passing rounds. Great work LAxemann, looking forward to the full DynaSound mod.

Tried it last night on a just under 30 man coop mission night. Works wonderfully together with the "lite"-version of another sound mod (after pbo-removal like instructed) and it's one helluva step up from the vanilla cracks.

Thank you! :)

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the sounds! :)

Hands down some of the best cracks I've heard, period. Good job, mate! 

Cracking sounds!! (See what i did there?). Genuinely great sounding sonic cracks. Really lets the player know whether they are under effective enemy fire.

Thanks Lax, can't wait till the full release.

Gotta try this out this weekend. I hate the current sonic crack sound setup in default A3.

Looks (okay, sounds) great. Note to self: DL this weekend. Check.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey laxemann , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Haven't tried it yet but it sounds great! To bad we can't have different cracks for different distance but this mod hopefully solves the very confusing stock sound.

Thanks fro sharing laxemann!

/KC

Anyone else having issues with Battleye when running this mod? Weird, I keep getting kicked out even if mod is whitelisted. Can't those environmental mods be made to run client-side only without server authentication? They don't affect multiplayer.

Great job LAxemann love the variations in pitch and distance really adds to the immersion.  Not to sibilant and I like the report/reflection of the cracks too, feels like the cracks exist within a natural space (if that makes sense).  If I was being hyper critical I would try creating more variations of cracks as sometimes the repetition makes them sound artificial imo.  But i'm really impressed with the results and will continue to look forward to hearing more ;)  

I would try creating more variations of cracks as sometimes the repetition makes them sound artificial imo.

I would if it was possible :P

Thanks, dude!

Great initiative to release this as a standalone addon! :) I mixed your sounds with some of my own and came up with a personal sound with less tail and more high end.

Video here:

https://a.pomf.cat/juyyzf.webm

Download here for anyone interested in testing them out:

http://a.pomf.cat/acfenx.zip

Great work Lax! and @panimala I'mm digging your config quite a bit. 

• Like 1