Sign in to follow this  
obrez

Buldozer will not install.

UPDATE: Forget it. I'm done. Terrain builder is doing its lock-up/vanishing icon act again/still. I've wasted way too much time fighting with these shitty tools. Disappearing icons, lock-ups, totally fubared installs, works for a few days then goes back the the previously mentioned issue. Thirty-five or so ours of work in (wasted) and I've lost interest in ever finishing my map. Thanks for your time.  :(

I'd like to start by apologizing for my attitude and language, but I am livid.

I had everything running great for almost a whole four days! Then the problems I originally had with terrain builder inexplicably returned so I wiped it and reinstalled arma3 tools. But no matter what I do or how many times (6 so far for this particular problem) I reinstall the tools, buldozer will just not install. I'm following the same tutorial, step for step that I used the first two times I got it to work. I have the configurator and accompanying text file but no bulldozer.exe.

This is getting absurd. I've spent more time fighting to get the tools working than I have actually making my map. When they work, I find the map building process to be quite easy but I have installed the tools 13 times total now. It's "worked" twice. The first time it terrain builder crashed like nobody's business so I can't really count that one anyways. Multiple install attempts later, I got it all working again (somehow). Then the glitch came back no more than a few days later and here I am, doing everything the same way and not getting anywhere. Do I just have really bad luck or are these tools really this shitty?

So I guess what I'm trying to ask is... HOW THE HELL DO I GET BULDOZER TO INSTALL? The actual .exe I mean. This is just damn infuriating. I'm aware of and have moved the A3 .exe and all that and it runs but I'd rather not have to do all that crap when I have to reinstall every other day due to terrain builder crapping out.

Pardon my crudeness but I'm really beginning to wonder if either I am an idiot or these tools/the install process are just that bad. Seeing as I've had it working just fine, if for only a short time, I'm thinking the latter.

Mastering the Arma tools are like taming a wild beast :lol: stubborn and awkward at first, they do nothing you expect, they break for no reason, once you get used to that then the results can be awesome :)

Thankfully Mikero's tools take care of most issues, they're a must for anyone looking to create a terrain, the rest you get used to and learn to fix.

Yeah no kidding. :lol:

I am using his tools and following every tutorial I can find. Buldozer just will not exist on my machine anymore. Tried again just now for the heck of it. Same thing. <_< I get the configurator and all but no .exe. I even did the workaround and it worked for a day, but not anymore.

In TB point the BD location at your arma3.exe (The Steam installation files) .

So go TB > Tools > Prefrences > .exe location is your Arma 3 Steam installation

Then in launch parameters i have

-buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -mod= -noAsserts -nologs -profiles=P:\Buldozer -cfg=P:\Buldozer\Buldozer.cfg -name=Buldozer

In TB point the BD location at your arma3.exe (The Steam installation files) .

So go TB > Tools > Prefrences > .exe location is your Arma 3 Steam installation

Then in launch parameters i have

-buldozer -window -exThreads=0 -mod= -noAsserts -nologs -profiles=P:\Buldozer -cfg=P:\Buldozer\Buldozer.cfg -name=Buldozer

Thanks for that. It worked. Terrain builder still does not though. My icons and various properties menus go blank and the map locks up the moment I do ANYTHING.

I really do appreciate the help but my experience with these tools is that they are not worth my time. I'd rather download starforce, origin, and a virus than install this shit again. Terrain builder is completely non functional. I kid you not, I have reinstalled this garbage more than 25 times. It worked once for about three days, so I know I set it up correctly, but not once since and even then it was brief.

Thanks, but I'm done. This is a basically a rage thread.

As the BI Forums have the 5 post thing I cant start my own topic so I am putting my issue in here....

I have been using Arma 3 Tool for a few months now and all has been fine until the update that did something to bulldozer and moved/removed parts and altered the way Arma 3 Tools runs in some way.

I keep getting this error (http://i.imgur.com/P8X1SI2.png) when I use the tools, I have tried every fix possible and even to copy the files from the Arma 3 directory but every time that I do Arma 3 Tools just deletes them again when I run it.

I really have no idea whats causing this or how to fix it I have tried fresh installs of Arma 3 Tools but that hasn't helped at all.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Cap Fan

Nothing has changed since a while regarding how the launcher, DevP or Buldozer interact each other. It seems that either, Buldozer is not installed or the P drive is missing. Maybe a look at this page could help you identifying what's wrong.

It seams going through that fixed it but I am quite confused as it was working fine two - three weeks ago and suddenly just stopped for no reason but thanks for the help all sorted. :) Keep up the good work!

Hey Tom,

I had some issues installing the tools from steam. Found the following causes:

1) In HKCU/Software/Bohemia Interactive/arma 3 tools/Path there was a space and a parenthesis at the end of the path causing the creation of the p-drive to fail

2) DevP is not checking the steam registry keys for the Arma 3 installation path (as in line 114 and 116 of the mapfolders.bat), thus %ArmAPath% is incorrect

3) When Arma has not been installed in the default path, even adding the check to DevP still would not help

After fixing the registry key entry and hardcoding %ArmAPath% inside both batch files (DevP and mapfolders), the installation worked for me... the scripts would probably need a re-write, since there seem to be quite a bit "backward compatible" loops inside, which are not working / not valid for the steam edition.

Cheers,

Michael.

Hello,

Thanks for the report!

1) Was-it in the key value? I'm asking because this key is handled by Steam, there might be an issue to solve. In addition, this is weird because if I recall correctly, none of the scripts are using this key.

2,3) In case of custom installation, this is the reason why a custom path can be defined in the file settings.ini located in the root directory of the tools (It can be edited from the launcher (CTRL+E or preferences>>Settings))

Regarding the re-write of these scripts, it's already in progress. Work Drive has recently been introduced to the dev branch and currently support the buldozer installation and the initialization of the substitute drive P. It will eventually replace all scripts used to manage P and its content (DevP, mapdisk, mapfolders and FuturaToP)

Feel free to give it a try and leave your feedback in a topic I will soon create here  :292: