maihym

Looking for 1-2 Devs & Map Editor

I'm going to be making a server called Chaotic Gaming. I need 1 or 2 developers to help out with the behind the scenes stuff. I also need a map editor because that is very time consuming so I really need someone on top of that. I want to make a strict RP server with realistic features. I'm kind of in the process of learning how to make my own scripts while I follow tutorials around the website. I'm always open to ideas and suggestions so of course everyone will have a say as to what goes in the server and what doesn't. I'm trying to make a unique server that can get Altis Life back up and running. I've noticed all the servers with a billion startup money and it's filled with 13 year old admins that don't know what they're doing. Granted not all teenagers act like that but those ones did. I currently don't have a dedicated server up or a teamspeak but I'll soon have some money to pay for all that. If you can help with any of those things and want to make something amazing just leave a reply on the thread or shoot me a PM. Also please don't make rude replies. Criticism is welcome but don't be a dick.

Hey, I'll post this just twice too: STOP SPAMMING!

One thread is enough for one subject. And you really only have one subject.

If you want to "bump" your old thread, post some new information on it.

Hey, I'm just trying to get people and I only posted this twice and on two different subjects.

On the contrary both threads are the pretty much the same - one has now been closed - i would advise you to take time to read the forum rules.

I think the point folks aren't saying, is they are fed up with adverts of would be server hosts trying to get skilled players to help them out.

They see these "Server Hosts" which are all wanting to set up RPG servers as money scammers who aren't really interested in the community, just what they can get out of it moneywise.

This is most likely the reason why you had such aggressive replies.

Obviously I am not speaking for everyone here, however the really experienced skilled community members learnt their arma coding, config, modelling skills with ArmA/OFP as a milsim and from what I can gather, for the most part don't particularly like where the RPG Sandbox development is taking their beloved milsim. The update to the EULA left a bad taste in many community members mouths.

• Like 2

Pro tip - Never ever be reliant on anyone else, when i started hosting i knew nothing, several years later i can hold my own, I can script and we're currently making our own terrain.

So if you're serious about starting this, learn it all yourself, take help by all means but nobody does a better job than the admin who runs the community because you have the passion and dedication you need, others don't.

• Like 2

I think the point folks aren't saying, is they are fed up with adverts of would be server hosts trying to get skilled players to help them out.

They see these "Server Hosts" which are all wanting to set up RPG servers as money scammers who aren't really interested in the community, just what they can get out of it moneywise.

This is most likely the reason why you had such aggressive replies.

Obviously I am not speaking for everyone here, however the really experienced skilled community members learnt their arma coding, config, modelling skills with ArmA/OFP as a milsim and from what I can gather, for the most part don't particularly like where the RPG Sandbox development is taking their beloved milsim. The update to the EULA left a bad taste in many community members mouths.

What do you mean? What's in the new EULA?

Pro tip - Never ever be reliant on anyone else, when i started hosting i knew nothing, several years later i can hold my own, I can script and we're currently making our own terrain.

So if you're serious about starting this, learn it all yourself, take help by all means but nobody does a better job than the admin who runs the community because you have the passion and dedication you need, others don't.

Right I get what you're saying but I'm trying to get a server up and running ASAP so if I can divide the workload then that'll be better.

Right I get what you're saying but I'm trying to get a server up and running ASAP so if I can divide the workload then that'll be better.

Then you're not ready, take small baby steps, it'll pay off in the long run, seriously the last thing the community needs are more poorly ran servers :p

What do you mean? What's in the new EULA?

Basically the EULA got changed to allow RPG servers to charge money for additional content. This caused an uproar because historically all 3rd party content has always been created and made free for the community to use. The RPG servers then started using this third party content, scripts, etc to develop their RPG servers, stating it was all their own work, when effectively all 3rd party content is based on some older 3rd party content made earlier in the B.I engine history.   So all those folks who developed scripting systems, addons etc were basically abused. To the extent that some of these content developers walked away from B.I in disgust.

The sums of money we are talking about here is substantial.

There is more to it of course but that's basically the extent of what occurred, so you can see now why some members of the community are anti to your type of development

• Like 2