Really excited for the Chernarus version.....Loved the trailer, gave me a Fallout vibe with the underground bunker, especially when he get's to the surface...awesome stuff indeed ;)

.........roll on tomorrow!

• Like 1

Just did a quick playtest and found a last minute bug that got through the closed beta for Chernarus, the player couldn't repair anything - it's now fixed. ;)

Everything else seems to be working fine and I've even fixed the vehicle spawns for smaller villages and added a little more variation to the Bandits which I'll also be carrying over to the Altis and Esseker versions.

Best,

• Like 2

That's the Chernarus version up on Armaholic, tomorrow evening I'll publish it on steam and update the first post here as well.

Once again, please report any errors and bugs and I'll see if I can fix them whenever I can.

Enjoy and all the best,

• Like 2

Hi Baraban,

Thanks again for the Chernarus version of Outbreak, looking forward to trying it out tonight.

If your open to suggestions, DreadedEntity has a really cool random Heli Crash/Flyover script which would work really well with Outbreak....it could add a little ambience/immersion while also giving an option for a high-end loot spawn......maybe it's something you could consider for a future update ;)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27339

All the best, EO

• Like 1

They say "Everyone has a novel in them".......after reading the "Held Captive" introduction, i can see a cracking little novella taking shape ;)

• Like 1

Hahaha, thanks!! The backstory I've added to all three missions is entirely optional but well worth reading to give the player a sense that they're part of a bigger story.... In fact there's actually a reason why some people (including the three protagonists) are immune to the virus, but that will be explained in a later story. I actually deleted a conversation the player had with one of the survivor leaders in the Altis edition because it gave away a bit too much regarding the origin of the virus, but the smart ones among us will probably have already figured it out, or at least have their suspicions. ;)

The best thing is, the fates of all the protagonists are interweaved and have relevance in the sequel I have planned, but that's for much later down the line as I'm hoping to release Outbreak Part 2 for Tanoa, or at least that's the plan.

Ahhh, just watched that video with the dynamic helicopter crash. That does look like it could be good fun to add!!

That reminds me - I've updated the first post with links to the newest versions of the mission and added Chernarus to the links, enjoy!!!

Best,

• Like 2

Hey Baraban,  The mission plays out very well on Chernarus...my only bugbear is the Infected dressed in clothes more suited to a certain Greek Island, It's a little jarring and breaks the immersion somewhat, maybe you could consider incorporating Reyhard's RDS Civilian Pack into the mission, it would redress the Infected with clothing native to the Chernarussian region of South Zagoria. ;)

The pack also includes vehicles native to the region.

Of course my suggestions are written without malice, the mission is an awesome experience as it stands.

Reyhard's RDS Civilian Pack - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26188

Regards EO.

Nahh, that's deliberate - you see these guys are from Chernarus. 

They've lived and grown up in a Baltic state; and the fact that there's no snow around suggests that it's obviously above 0'C and that means it's a heat wave for them and they've dressed appropriately.... [sEN]EvilBubba even put forward the suggestion that I add a mod that makes the infected completely stark naked, like in 'The Forest' with their tadgers flapping around as they run, just to add an extra element of shock and horror to it all, but I dismissed that instantly as I knew it would have added an 18 age restriction to my YouTube video Lets Plays...... I jest.  ;)

..... Seriously though, cosmetic stuff like adding temperate style clothing is something I'm looking at for a future update, I'd already made the survivors wear more sensible gear, so I decided to release the mission in a working condition using the base infected units first before I reviewed the various civilian mods available, really to save time and get this out sooner. Ideally I want to use as little mods as possible so I might just use the existing Guerrilla and Rangemaster uniform sets and a script that randomly selects custom textures for them, as that would work just as well.

Best,

• Like 1

Here's something I've knocked together quickly using mostly existing textures that were sitting unused in the characters_f.pbo file, all I needed to do was copy and paste a few of them together and add a few more jackets and cargo pants to give them a little more variety.

Arma3_Chernarus_Civilians_01.jpg

Arma3_Chernarus_Civilians_02.jpg

I'll add these to a later version for both the Esseker and Chernarus versions using a script, no mods required. ;)

Best,

• Like 2

Thought I would finally register here on BI's forums bringing my nagging from Steam to here. :P

Any thoughts on a RHS version of the Altis Mission as it is integral to the other two?

• Like 1

Not in the immediate future as I'm actually happy with the Altis version as it is right now.

Altis is a different setting from Chernarus and Esseker so it fits the theme better to have mostly pistols, with occasional submachine guns and the odd AAF/FIA assault rifles rather than American M4's and Russian AK's strewn about the place, but it's something I might consider for a future update further down the line if enough people are interested in it... At the moment the Esseker and Chernarus versions seem to be the most popular, so any major updates will most likely be for those, including a cosmetic one for the infected which should be out soon.

I've had reports that apparently the latest patch for Arma 3 has caused issues with the AI and that many of the infected are just standing around yelling instead of chasing the player, so that'll be the main thing I'll need to look into in my spare time. :rolleyes:

*Edit* Fixed - will update it tonight after work with both the AI fix and the temperate weather clothing for Chernarus and Esseker infected.

Best,

• Like 2

There we go, that's the newest version released for both Chernarus and Esseker, Altis doesn't need any changes as everything work fine as it is. 

As long as there aren't any more serious bugs I think it's safe to give these ones a break for now, as there's some new projects that are eagerly awaiting my attention.

Have fun and whatever you do, don't let 'em bite you!!! ;)

Best,

• Like 3

Thanks for the updates Baraban....and keep us posted on your future projects. Good luck.  ;)

• Like 1

Waaaauuuu, verry good mission, have played al the Sunday, fun fun fun :)

I have played the Altis version.

PS : The sounds from the zombies a little bit too noise, you can chance more louder ?

Thanks for this Mission :) :)

• Like 1

I love the Esseker version, I'm playing it these days !!

It would be nice to have a function to create a campfire in some "safe zones" and let the time pass, just in case someone would like to play more than just a day roaming around (until now, it seems like you really don't want to play at nighttime as nightvision googles are impossible to find...and you can't fastforward the daytime). As well as it would be a nice feature to add some NPC with some side missions...

And I would add more infected !!

So far, anyway, I'm really enjoying it !!!! B)

• Like 1

After founding a boat i cannot drive any other vehicle than i drive to the boat (uaz). When i get in anu other vehicle i cannot move - engine is working, condition is perfect, but vehicle is freezing (wheels are rotating).

After founding a boat i cannot drive any other vehicle than i drive to the boat (uaz). When i get in anu other vehicle i cannot move - engine is working, condition is perfect, but vehicle is freezing (wheels are rotating).

Had the same issue with Ravage showcase mission... maybe a new engine bug introduced on 1.54 update, it happens after a "cold reload" (when you close arma, open it again and reload a saved mission)

cheers!

• Like 1

Had the same issue with Ravage showcase mission... maybe a new engine bug introduced on 1.54 update, it happens after a "cold reload" (when you close arma, open it again and reload a saved mission)

cheers!

Exacly. Its pity, i wanted to find the fuel truck :( Some shooter destroyed my uaz and i can only walk now. BTW is the fuel truck near the boat or far? I was searching many cities and cant find it. And surviwors, cant wait tomorrow to test it. Did anyone have problem with open options when mission  is re-loaded?

Exacly. Its pity, i wanted to find the fuel truck :( Some shooter destroyed my uaz and i can only walk now. BTW is the fuel truck near the boat or far? I was searching many cities and cant find it. And surviwors, cant wait tomorrow to test it. Did anyone have problem with open options when mission  is re-loaded?

On esseker there´s 3 to 4 fuel trucks, mostly on  bandits hideouts but maybe one on the car service post, I can´t recall the conditions on Altis thou =P 

cheers!

by this stage I just dont do cold reloads.I try and play a whole mission in one sitting as there is no guarantee with Arma that your save will work.I also use ACE in SP a lot-so reloading after exit is impossible there

• Like 1

by this stage I just dont do cold reloads.I try and play a whole mission in one sitting as there is no guarantee with Arma that your save will work.I also use ACE in SP a lot-so reloading after exit is impossible there

I'm kinda new to the series so I'm not sure how active BIS is here on their forums, but it would defeat the purpose of most of the best SP missions to have not be able to cold reload. If you notice any bugs, I highly recommend you report them.

The idea of finishing WLA/Antistasi/Hunter North/Pilgrimage/M.E.R.C.S/Etc (just examples. I realize some of these use their own saving mechanic) in one sitting is bonkers. If stuff like this is broken we should encourage them to fix it.

• Like 2

I'm kinda new to the series so I'm not sure how active BIS is here on their forums, but it would defeat the purpose of most of the best SP missions to have not be able to cold reload. If you notice any bugs, I highly recommend you report them.

The idea of finishing WLA/Antistasi/Hunter North/Pilgrimage/M.E.R.C.S/Etc (just examples. I realize some of these use their own saving mechanic) in one sitting is bonkers. If stuff like this is broken we should encourage them to fix it.

I do agree-I was exaggerating in my post.BI has for the most part fixed the cold loading issue.The only reason i still do this is ACE.If using it in SP you cannot cold load a mission-it breaks ACE functionality.It;s not a big deal and the ACE guys are aware of it :)

• Like 1

Welp. I'm stumped. How the heck do you upvote?

You need to be logged in (account is free), then you have two options - vote up, and vote down, left to the votes bar.

• Like 1