Drifter

[Terrain] Southern Waziristan, Pakistan (Release Thread)

Hosting a stream to show progress and building some new towns, since I haven't posted any recent images or updates on this thread.

Stream ended, photos will be uploaded of the new areas soon.

WARNING: Don't expect the BEST quality, as I don't have the best upload speed... literally. So there might be performance drops in the stream.

• Like 2

Just an update on the terrain and future projects. Waziristan is on its way to being complete, I still have lots of work to do on the West side of the terrain. A lot of small towns, single compounds and so on.

How ever... I have a smaller project that I started at  the same time as Waziristan, I halted it due to Waziristan's feedback and support and made it my priority. I want your guys thoughts if I should post a Addon and Mod Discussion post with information and screenshots on it. It is smaller than Waziristan, and if I decide on continuing my work on it, it will most likely release before Waziristan, due to its size. But Waziristan is my number 1 priority.

• Like 4

Just an update on the terrain and future projects. Waziristan is on its way to being complete, I still have lots of work to do on the West side of the terrain. A lot of small towns, single compounds and so on.

How ever... I have a smaller project that I started at  the same time as Waziristan, I halted it due to Waziristan's feedback and support and made it my priority. I want your guys thoughts if I should post a Addon and Mod Discussion post with information and screenshots on it. It is smaller than Waziristan, and if I decide on continuing my work on it, it will most likely release before Waziristan, due to its size. But Waziristan is my number 1 priority.

Sure why not?

How is Waziristan and Wardak going? Do you roughly know when you can publish a new update? Cant wait for the final version  :)

• Like 1

Sure why not?

How is Waziristan and Wardak going? Do you roughly know when you can publish a new update? Cant wait for the final version  :)

Sorry for the late response. Waziristan will be getting a new update soon, not the final version but definitely a large step closer.

• Like 2

*DISAPPOINTING UPDATE*

All of my terrains are on hold. I can no longer work on these terrains due to these reasons:

1. Mikero's Tools (Free version) are broken with the new update and have not been updated. He has a paid version that is updated with the newest ArmA update, but I honestly am not willing to pay for them.

2. Bohemia's tools are frustrating, I can't stand them. I am encountering an issue where I can pack the terrain for in-game use, BUT... when I go in game and go to the editor to prepare screenshots and testing. The terrain is no where to be seen on the list of maps to be loaded. I'm sure I am not doing something right. I watched tutorials on how to use Addon Builder for terrains and still nothing. No good results from the new update. I can't produce maps if I can't get my projects packed.

Well, I will see you guys hopefully soon, either when a new free version comes out of Mikero's Tools "PBOProject" or someone helps me with the BI Tools issue.

Would be anyone willing to support drifter with me? I mean the Tools cost about 35$ for a year. If some people would get in on it, it would hurt nobodys purse and drifter could continue making this beautiful terrains I really can't wait to get my hands on. Just reply or PM me if you are interested in helping drifter out with me.

*DISAPPOINTING UPDATE*

All of my terrains are on hold. I can no longer work on these terrains due to these reasons:

1. Mikero's Tools (Free version) are broken with the new update and have not been updated. He has a paid version that is updated with the newest ArmA update, but I honestly am not willing to pay for them.

2. Bohemia's tools are frustrating, I can't stand them. I am encountering an issue where I can pack the terrain for in-game use, BUT... when I go in game and go to the editor to prepare screenshots and testing. The terrain is no where to be seen on the list of maps to be loaded. I'm sure I am not doing something right. I watched tutorials on how to use Addon Builder for terrains and still nothing. No good results from the new update. I can't produce maps if I can't get my projects packed.

Well, I will see you guys hopefully soon, either when a new free version comes out of Mikero's Tools "PBOProject" or someone helps me with the BI Tools issue.

You've done a really good job with this terrain and your others! You should join the terrain skype channel and discord with every other terrain maker if you haven't already. 

I strongly recommend you purchase the paid tools as they are far superior and well worth the enjoyment.

skype:?chat&blob=s8tv6Kv4JcRyJXWtOP1N_5rVJJho-B7K7IDAT42L3O986Rdk0G5j0WfYnZcE2rg6blomF1H54QclR51tuksCiFYNeMZQl9sWQYHqcHR6ivQOneWSa51tA8lP6clyGvJqdN9Cl7h7Fd85GsMwRBJyCqSpw76h83-TTofzsEGqAvf0k1bJnFwbK3Zf4vknGb9nAg_TismrSaxB4TYxWA3m3d34reqnkXM7jVnflOiZjmKDixs

You've done a really good job with this terrain and your others! You should join the terrain skype channel and discord with every other terrain maker if you haven't already. 

I strongly recommend you purchase the paid tools as they are far superior and well worth the enjoyment.

skype:?chat&blob=s8tv6Kv4JcRyJXWtOP1N_5rVJJho-B7K7IDAT42L3O986Rdk0G5j0WfYnZcE2rg6blomF1H54QclR51tuksCiFYNeMZQl9sWQYHqcHR6ivQOneWSa51tA8lP6clyGvJqdN9Cl7h7Fd85GsMwRBJyCqSpw76h83-TTofzsEGqAvf0k1bJnFwbK3Zf4vknGb9nAg_TismrSaxB4TYxWA3m3d34reqnkXM7jVnflOiZjmKDixs

Thank you James. I am considering in purchasing them. Also it seems as some people are going to help me purchase a license, which is cool and all. I can afford them but I don't know how much longer I will have around this community due to starting fire academy where I am. I plan on having my terrains complete by then though.