RhodesianScout

[WIP] Rhodesia Bush War

I will be back soon...... got some real world issues with the business I own that I must deal with. Doing more modeling with the little spare time I have the next few weeks.

Below is a picture of something that will be added to the map....a good old African bush fire.

FDJgkum.jpg

• Like 5

All the best to you! Hope to see more of your work soon again :)

This looks great! I really do appreciate your work, and the best of luck.

I am currently about to set up the Rhodesian Light Infantry 1st Commando /Fireforce mil-sim unit, a unit that existed at the time of the bush war, the Rhodesian Light Infantry became one of the country's main counter-insurgency units during the Rhodesian Bush War, which pitted the government security forces against the rival guerrilla campaigns of the Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army (ZANLA) and Zimbabwe People's Revolutionary Army (ZIPRA). 

It would be great if we could achieve a exclusive early access to your mod. In the latter however, we will be using other mods till yours is available e.g Armscor, RHS, N'ziwasogo. I am still setting up the forums, the launch will roughly be around a week.

Note: Since the Selous Scouts and the RLI shared similiar tactics, Peter Baxter's book will be useful for training examples and tactics. Thanks for that Flatbear, very useful.

• Like 1

hi mate,

has real world commitments forced you to abandon this mod or just on hold?

• Like 1

hi mate,

has real world commitments forced you to abandon this mod or just on hold?

I really hope it is just on hold :)

he hasn't been on since febuary so it looks bleak.

Im currently still setting up the Rhodesian Light Infantry, and have around 15 people interested. If you are interested please message me, we need as many members as possible. We are most likely fully set up and start official recruitment in June. We have a TS, an Arma 3 server and a website.

If Rhodesian scout is not available to create the mod, I am happy to take over the project or assist you.

Just a quick post to let you know I am back.

Someone close to me passed away and I had to step away from gaming for a bit.

Will update posts frequently as before....but first I need to do some Arma III to get back into it and see if anything has changed.

NmSGJ0o.jpg

• Like 5

Just a quick post to let you know I am back.

Someone close to me passed away and I had to step away from gaming for a bit.

Will update posts frequently as before....but first I need to do some Arma III to get back into it and see if anything has changed.

Please don't feel obligated... Real Life should always trump a video game!  My condolences and best wishes.

• Like 4

​Best wishes and my condolences, Take your time...but just to let you know ...this is one of my absolute most wanted mods  :)

My condolences, that's a hard thing to go through. The screenshot looks excellent, as I know the mod will be :)

against the rules to ask for updates.  You can always assume "it will be ready when it is done"

The guy hasn't logged in since August 10, 2016. The project is obviously dead.

If you'd read the thread he had some personal things to take care of so let's give him the room and respect he deserves instead of making guesses on his behalf.  If/when he resumes work for a (free) mod we can go from there.

• Like 5