RhodesianScout

[WIP] Rhodesia Bush War

Looks cracking, once you add foilage (clutter) it will look 10x better still

That is very true.....hopefully I can show some results over the weekend what it looks like with clutter added.

Over the last couple of days I had been looking at what was causing the issue with the video.

It seems the issue is related to the software which was recording arms III so I am looking at an alternative for video recording.

Once I have that resolved there will be more videos added showing the map.

One of the Acacia trees I have created in Forester Pro complete with long sharp thorns. This tree has been converted from high res to a low res tree and will be imported into Blender and from there into Arma III.

I will be creating various versions of the baobab tree.......still trying to get the branches looking right...... acacia trees, acacia bushes and thorn bushes using Forester Pro.

bDlqBdY.jpg

• Like 3

Fantastic job RhodesianScout !

A3 is really lacking some good vegetation mods and you seem to be able to create some as easily as I'm breathing ! :) 

Just incredible !! Can't wait to test your mod !

• Like 1

It has been a little bit of a slow week with development.......lots of work on my plate in real life world at the moment.....

Below are two screenshots ...one taken at sunrise and the other at sunset...... showing a part of the map after some clutter is added for testing purposes.

I am still creating trees and grass as per my last post in forester pro.

gtkQacH.jpg

IkhhOxr.jpg

I had a difficult job to try and get the clutter appearing in the map........   did not have this problem in the  first test map I did using a tutorial.

I needed to look at the layer.cfg file and the Surfaces.hpp file to check that all surfaces mentioned in the layers file were present in the surfaces file. Turned out my issue was caused by using a few capital letters in the lines starting with material = "rhod\rho.........".   in the layers file.

If you are creating a map and can't get clutter showing remove any capital letters in the material= line of the layers.cfg file.

Fantastic job RhodesianScout !

A3 is really lacking some good vegetation mods and you seem to be able to create some as easily as I'm breathing ! :)

Just incredible !! Can't wait to test your mod !

Actually forester pro makes this a fairly easy task...... best 60 dollars I spent.

Actually forester pro makes this a fairly easy task...... best 60 dollars I spent.

How much work does it take to move trees from forester to in-game arma 3?

How much work does it take to move trees from forester to in-game arma 3?

The easy part is moving the trees into blender........there is an export tutorial at the end of  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJgZxWv-eELiEzH45fpaSAA

The more difficult part is getting the tree model into Arma III using the Arma III tools...... there are tutorials out there on how to do this.

If you want to try this I recommend you try racticing with some of the trees in the lite version of forester pro before buying.

I am also looking at using Medusa Pro to create the granite rocks I need for the map......... the picture below shows the export options for getting this model into Blender.

Some of the rock templates with this package may even allow me to build a shallow cave that I need for one of my planned missions for the map.

Wo3O5BO.jpg

December is my busiest time of the year and I am hoping to make enough sales this month to buy a new car..... I sure do need one.

The last few weeks has been pretty busy and the time I have been able to spend on the map has been cut by 50%........from next Tuesday it will be cut to 80%  and then completely cut for a week from the 20th.

I have being doing some small fixes on the map trying to get some small little issues fixed.........still looking at a release of the map in early 2016.

M8Bm4ZZ.jpg

• Like 4

Last night I finished work on the mask image v2 and applied it to the map which now looks a lot better.

umxzJMO.jpg

• Like 2

Two different views from different areas of the map.....................

sVEQAdZ.jpg

KR2nRFp.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, that second to last picture with the 2 trees... I can almost feel the sun burning on my skin haha, very atmospheric, even while the landscape is still so bare!

• Like 1

yes, nice progress mate, nice to see that you 're so ambitious.

• Like 1

ZAPU regrouping after a raid on a local farmer........ soon they will disappear into the early morning fog before Rhodesian security forces arrive.

8XuICbB.jpg

• Like 1

While on patrol in the map you will find yourself in areas like this................ nothing of interest here right?

fGwoUWy.jpg

However, it always pays to look around as you never know what you may find.

Below for example is a flashlight dropped in the long grass by one of the ZANU terrorists who had been in this area recently. A very handy find with night coming especially if your flashlight is low on batteries.

Some things you may find in the grass are items like extra ammo...... or the terrorists may have placed a landmine for you to step on.

Perhaps even a piece of paper giving a clue to where they have camped or where they are heading.

KkoeSeO.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, that second to last picture with the 2 trees... I can almost feel the sun burning on my skin haha, very atmospheric, even while the landscape is still so bare!

Depending on where in Rhodesia you went there were some areas as bare as what is shown below..........

Of course if I made my map look like this it would be finished next week......but to make it more challenging the map will have only a few areas completely devoid of trees or cover

zJFzuUU.jpg

• Like 1