Mynock

Mynock's Missions

No need to apologise, just thought I'd make the suggestion. Enjoyed the mission otherwise :)

Added a mission, Island Nest, I've had sitting in a file for a while now. Figured it would work as a simple Mynock Mini Mission, so I polished it off and released it.

Edit: Had to re-upload to steam workshop, I guess it didn't upload correctly the first time because I got a bunch of errors when I did a test launch of it. Subscribe link has been updated, seems to be working correctly now. If you were one of the unlucky 3 who had subscribed to the bad upload I apologize.

• Like 1

Released another mini mission, "Dusk Menace". My first published mission using the 3D editor, so I was mostly using this scenario to play around with object placement and such. It's nothing crazy but hopefully someone will find it fun.

I also want to say thanks to everyone who has played Island Nest. It's been neat to see that being so popular on the workshop the past week. Not sure what made that mission quite so popular, but regardless I appreciate all of the kind comments I received on the workshop for it.

• Like 1

Released another mini mission, "Dusk Menace". My first published mission using the 3D editor, so I was mostly using this scenario to play around with object placement and such. It's nothing crazy but hopefully someone will find it fun.

I also want to say thanks to everyone who has played Island Nest. It's been neat to see that being so popular on the workshop the past week. Not sure what made that mission quite so popular, but regardless I appreciate all of the kind comments I received on the workshop for it.

Just finished Dusk Menace. That was awesome! It's the first mission I have played since EDEN update and I was using the new JSRS version. I had a great time with it .Did you add an AI script?Or have the enemy AI been improved?They seemed very clever -using trees for cover,throwing smoke,firing 40mm grenades etc..

• Like 1

Just finished Dusk Menace. That was awesome! It's the first mission I have played since EDEN update and I was using the new JSRS version. I had a great time with it .Did you add an AI script?Or have the enemy AI been improved?They seemed very clever -using trees for cover,throwing smoke,firing 40mm grenades etc..

Thank you for playing. The only script running in the mission is JW Custom's Ultra Simple Patrol Script which does not modify the AI's behavior beyond the vanilla capabilities. It only sets default behavior, movement speed, and randomizes the next waypoint position within a defined radius and beyond a minimum defined distance from the previous waypoint. So while unit placement in the camps will be identical with every playthrough, the roaming patrols will be completely randomized in terms of where the units spawn and the path they take while patrolling each time for a small bit of added challenge.

Added Forecast Unknown. The diver spec op theme seemed popular from the Island Nest mission, so I did another similar one, but with a different insertion, some different objectives, and a totally different terrain for the mission.

• Like 1

I have decided to begin work on a campaign. I still plan to release standalone missions when I make them (which I will to learn things for the campaign I'm sure), but the campaign will be my focus primarily. I'm sure I will be needing assistance with the campaign if you'd like to get involved on a small scale level.

I know I will be in need of the following:

• Voice actors (male and female, large roles with multiple lines in every mission to small roles with a few lines total)
  • Expert intro/outro makers (I'm not the best at it and if you enjoy doing it I'd gladly hand that task off, otherwise I will take a stab at it)
  • Expert helicopter pilots (for scripted helicopter movement since the AI pilots are unreliable and I suck at flying anything in a realistic way)
  • Expert "photographers" (for screenshot making for the mission images and promotional images)
  • Testers
Hopefully it will turn out decent.
  • Like 1

Added Negative ION, another mini mission. This one gives you the opportunity to play as CSAT if you like playing as OPFOR sometimes like me.

• Like 1

Mynock,

I like your missions so far. I really enjoyed the hostage scientist mission the most. Do you see in the future any COOP10 or less missions? A COOP hostage rescue mission would be awesome? I'd love to play some of your missions with a few friends.

THanks for your hardwork.

Thanks for playing. I find it interesting Island Nest is so popular, because I think it's quite basic and boring personally, but everyone seems to like it for some reason; I'm lost as to why that is.

Due to complaints I received in the past with COOP missions I made I don't see them in the near future. I don't know much about coding the missions for join in progress people and stuff like that, and it will take me a long time to learn how to do it. I apologize if this is disappointing news to you, but I am not interested in releasing sub-par COOP missions due to my own incompetence like I did in the past. There are many other authors who make excellent COOP missions though, so I can recommend playing their missions instead of mine if you're looking for a nice COOP experience.

Needed to test one specific thing I had not done before, so I made a little mission to go along with it: Recovery. Nothing fancy, but maybe you will find it fun. A bit more direct combat focused, less objective focused than previous mini-missions. Don't expect too much, but hopefully you'll find it a fun way to waste a few minutes of your day.

1.60 appears to have either significantly changed the mechanics or broken the majority of my missions entirely. I have begun an extensive repair process but it will take me a lot of time. All missions have been taken offline until further notice. Do not download them from other sources until updates have been release or you may have a negative experience that is out of my control.

• Like 2

Well, apparently if you have CBA loaded, even if you don't use it in the editor, it forces every mission you touch to become dependent on it, and because Eden binarizes the mission.sqm now, everything I touched today is ruined. I'll have to rebuild several missions from scratch now. I don't think it's fair to require players to have CBA for missions that are meant to run 100% vanilla. Absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think this mission making business is for me anymore. Tired of investing all of this time and effort to get screwed over by errors and bs out of my control constantly. Consistently being pissed off about crap like this or updates that break everything has destroyed what enjoyment I had from making missions; now it is a chore I feel obligated to complete.

If it helps you can turn of mission binarization in the preferences of Eden and specifically when saving a mission. Regarding CBA or any other mod becoming a requirement just because it was loaded, I believe that is a known bug and will be fixed. Also you can un-binarize any of your mission by reloading them in the editor and resaving with binarization off.

Well, apparently if you have CBA loaded, even if you don't use it in the editor, it forces every mission you touch to become dependent on it, and because Eden binarizes the mission.sqm now, everything I touched today is ruined. I'll have to rebuild several missions from scratch now. I don't think it's fair to require players to have CBA for missions that are meant to run 100% vanilla. Absolutely ridiculous.I don't think this mission making business is for me anymore. Tired of investing all of this time and effort to get screwed over by errors and bs out of my control constantly. Consistently being pissed off about crap like this or updates that break everything has destroyed what enjoyment I had from making missions; now it is a chore I feel obligated to complete.

No no no. Don't rebuild.

Look this may not work but please try it. Unbinarize the file in the editor. Save it. Go into the mission.sqm and delete the chunk in there that I think says Binarized Addons. Leaving just the { }

Then go into the mission without CBA loaded (it should load now), place an object, delete it and save.

This should work.

Well, apparently if you have CBA loaded, even if you don't use it in the editor, it forces every mission you touch to become dependent on it, and because Eden binarizes the mission.sqm now, everything I touched today is ruined. I'll have to rebuild several missions from scratch now. I don't think it's fair to require players to have CBA for missions that are meant to run 100% vanilla. Absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think this mission making business is for me anymore. Tired of investing all of this time and effort to get screwed over by errors and bs out of my control constantly. Consistently being pissed off about crap like this or updates that break everything has destroyed what enjoyment I had from making missions; now it is a chore I feel obligated to complete.

I really hope you change your mind. Single player mission makers are already rare.

The only major issue I've encountered in the visual upgrade, besides that A3 seems to be the same as it was before. So if you're experience a glitch it most likely is user made or an old addon that needs to updating. Till this day I still make basic mistakes in making missions, you have to be very methodical in making a mission because all it takes is one small step you missed and it can get lost with everything else you're doing.

I hit a wall at least once for every mission I make. Like the task order issue, for some reason if you don't create the tasks perfectly in order it can get all messed up.

I am moving. I am not taking my PC with me. I will no longer have regular access to Arma 3.

I've updated some of my missions. Some of them got minor fixes, others got complete overhauls.

Those that did not get updated over the summer have been put on the backburner and will either be scrapped or rebuilt at a much, much later time (mostly due to mediocre reception by the community which didn't motivate me to fix them for 1.60 and 1.62).

I will be unable to regularly update or fix from this point on. Play at your own risk as Arma is updated in the future. If significant breakage occurs in the future I will either authorize someone to take possession of the missions and do what they want with their future, or I will take them offline again.

Good luck to you Mynock.  I share your frustration when new releases break your hard work.

There's more to life than creating missions!  Enjoy RL.  Who knows, mission making may appeal to you again after a long break.  Ciao.

• Like 1

Apex got me motivated to get back to it, but then life decisions got in the way and now I won't have access to my PC for extended periods of time for a couple years. I'll have my laptop so I won't be off the grid, but it can't run Arma.

Released The Bariga Intervention. Only took me a year to pump out something public. Expect an update to it eventually, I wouldn't say I'm 100% happy with every single thing in the mission.

Please note my redistribution policy has changed. I'm no longer interested in having my missions hosted anywhere other than Steam Workshop, so please do not host the mission on your 3rd party website.

• Like 5

Here is a prime example of why I don't do many public missions anymore. If you want to know why mission creators are unmotivated, this is a perfect example. I do not make the map, it's out of my control, yet it gets blamed on me when people have map related issues, who then complain and slander my public work for illegitimate reasons.

fd5198990efe8fecef40668e59b18164.jpg

Back to private missions only.

Edit: Now I get people complaining about performance when I literally have it clearly stated in the recommendations the map is heavy on performance so turn stuff down. If people can't spend 2 minutes reading I'm not willing to spend 200 hours making stuff for them. Plain and simple.

Bariga is a good map. Something different from the norm which makes it special. Lunatic has done a good job with it, it's simply performance heavy. I think it's absolutely ridiculous how vast sections of the playerbase in Arma behave; the entitlement of people really bothers me to the point it makes me completely unmotivated to release anything publicly because I don't feel like being a damn babysitter to the mission comments. If you have a legitimate issue or complaint with a mission, so be it, but whining about every single little thing is ridiculous, especially when half the time it's on the players end anyway and has nothing to do with the mission itself. Anyway, /rant. Arma-on to those few decent people out there. I'll continue to do private stuff, or release public stuff but offer zero support. If anyone wants private access to The Bariga Intervention, I'm happy to provide it. I don't want it to go to waste. But it will not go back up publically any time soon.

Mynock, stick to here... SWS is the wildwest of entitled kids and imature adults, so you either ignore their nagging or stay true to your audience: here and armaholic =)

Have you pulled your missions from sws? Can´t find them anymore...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Mynock, stick to here... SWS is the wildwest of entitled kids and imature adults, so you either ignore their nagging or stay true to your audience: here and armaholic =)

100% agreement. ^^

• Like 1