Mynock

Mynock's Missions

Welcome

I enjoy the mission editor in Arma 3 quite a bit despite having never played any previous Arma games. I intend to use this thread to post missions I have created for public release, post about missions I may be in the process of starting/finishing, and to generally keep the forum uncluttered by not making a new thread for each mission I make and release. There is probably way more information in here than necessary, but whatever, I like to be thorough.

Notes

• Anything labeled with [MMM] is a "Mynock Mini Mission" which is a cheesy slogan I came up with just because I felt like it. Not everything I make will receive this prestigious label.
  • Anything I write in pink is to be considered sarcastic.
  • Take my missions for what they are. I do not, nor will I ever, claim to be an expert mission creator and I am still learning with every mission I make.
  • I suppose I can take requests, but I will only consider or accept them if they are within my general mission making skill set. If they are outside of my skill set, or simply are not something I'm interested in creating, I will politely decline.
  • Feedback is welcome as long as it is constructive. Simply telling me "it's broken" or "this mission sucks" is equivalent to you saying nothing because it helps neither of us. I will happily read and consider all coherent and well constructed feedback posts or PMs.
  • I will always do my best to answer any questions as accurately as possible or state otherwise if I am unaware of the correct or most correct answer.
  • Thank you for playing my missions. I appreciate it.
  • Yes, I do enjoy chewing on the power cables.

Disclaimers

• I take no responsibility for anything in my work that causes physical, emotional, psychological, or any other kind of damage to you, your property, your loved ones, your pets, your social life, or anything else remotely related to you.
  • Anything I create that is similar in any way, shape, or form to another mission that has previously been created is purely coincidence and was never intended to be an infringement on someone else's intellectual property.
  • Any similarities in my missions to events, places, people, etc. is purely coincidental.
  • Any omission of credit towards another content creator is purely due to oversight and is guaranteed to be an honest mistake. If said oversights do unfortunately occur at any point, the information will always be corrected as soon as I am made aware and am able to edit the appropriate information.
  • I reserve the right to change, modify, delete, add to, etc. anything in my released work, or in this thread, without notice.
  • Any images associated with any of my missions are the sole property of their owners, I do not claim ownership of any images pulled from public web sources.

Distribution

by-nc-nd.png

• Everything I release falls under the Creative Commons Licenses BY, NC, and ND (unless otherwise specifically noted). This means you may not profit from or modify my work and must credit me (Mynock) and anyone else I have given credit to for said piece of work upon redistribution of any kind.
  • As of this time the Steam Workshop will be the only guaranteed source of the latest version of any of my missions. If this changes in the future I will update this thread accordingly.
  • Credible file hosting sources are free to redistribute my work as long as it meets, and is redistributed under, the same Creative Commons License conditions as above (unless otherwise specifically noted).
  • Do not redistribute any of my missions without express written consent from me. This includes any and all websites, file sharing softwares, etc.

Modification

• Please do not modify, or copy and claim as your own, any of my work without written consent from myself. A simple private message requesting to use something goes a long way.
  • If you would like to deconstruct, modify, or otherwise change any of my work, you may submit a request to me via PM stating what you wish to do and why, and I will consider your request if it is coherent and well constructed. I will try to get back to you with a response in a timely manner.

Collaboration

• If you are interested in working with me or helping me in any way, including pre-release testing, please contact me. I will always give ample credit to those who directly assist me with anything I release.
  • If you record yourself playing one of my missions and would like me to post a link with the mission to your video I am happy to do so assuming the video is of appropriate content. Feedback videos are different than play-through videos. I will view feedback videos for bug fixing or to learn what the desires of players are.

Released

Single Player Only

• The Bariga Intervention (v1.1 | 11/27/17) Subscribe
Spoiler

Terrain: Bariga | Friendly Faction: OPFOR | Mission: Locate a hostage and collect intel. | Bonus Objectives: Maybe | Requirements: Bariga; CUP Core; CUP Maps; CUP CWA; RHS USAF; RHS AFRF; RHS GREF | Details: Ultranationalists have occupied parts of Bariga in protest of Russian backed political moves. Angered by the Kremlin's interference in local affairs, the Ultranationalists have been "peacefully" controlling most of northern Bariga. Tensions are rising as Russian forces blockade the Ultranationalist advance and the Ultranationalists have now responded. They have taken a Russian press employee hostage who was covering the occupation. Fed up with the demands, the Kremlin has mobilized Spetsnaz teams and are prepared to conduct their first operation: rescuing the journalist and collecting intel for future operations should the flashpoint erupt. | Credits: Alias; Avery Alexander; Evil Organ; Ineptaphid; JW Custom; Goon; Grumpy Old Man; Bariga, RHS, CUP teams

• Early Morning SAR (v1.4 | 8/9/16) Subscribe

Terrain: Stratis | Friendly Faction: BLUFOR | Mission: Locate a missing helicopter and it's pilots. | Bonus Objectives: No | Requirements: None | Details: 90 minutes ago, Air Traffic Control at Air Station Mike-26 received a mayday call from a NATO helicopter while it was returning from a CAP mission. Shortly after the mayday call, Air Station Mike-26 lost the helicopter when it disappeared from the station's radar displays. The cause of the mayday call is unknown, but the helicopter was flying over enemy airspace at the time. Your team is the quick response SAR unit on duty, so mount up and get ready to deploy. | Credits: JW Custom; Mark McCartney (support him at twitch.tv/xpcgaming and @TheXPCgaming); Ashten Henson (follow her on twitter @Ashisgaming)

• Early Morning SAR (RHS Version) (v1.2 | 8/9/16) Subscribe

Terrain: Stratis | Friendly Faction: BLUFOR | Mission: Locate a missing helicopter and it's pilots. | Bonus Objectives: No | Requirements: RHS USAF; RHS AFRF | Details: 90 minutes ago, Air Traffic Control at Air Station Mike-26 received a mayday call from a NATO helicopter while it was returning from a CAP mission. Shortly after the mayday call, Air Station Mike-26 lost the helicopter when it disappeared from the station's radar displays. The cause of the mayday call is unknown, but the helicopter was flying over enemy airspace at the time. Your team is the quick response SAR unit on duty, so mount up and get ready to deploy. | Credits: JW Custom; Mark McCartney (support him at twitch.tv/xpcgaming and @TheXPCgaming); Ashten Henson (follow her on twitter @Ashisgaming); RHS Crew

• Early Morning SAR (CUP Version) (v1.2 | 8/9/16) Subscribe

Terrain: Stratis | Friendly Faction: BLUFOR | Mission: Locate a missing helicopter and it's pilots. | Bonus Objectives: No | Requirements: CBA; CUP Units; CUP Vehicles; CUP Weapons | Details: 90 minutes ago, Air Traffic Control at Air Station Mike-26 received a mayday call from a NATO helicopter while it was returning from a CAP mission. Shortly after the mayday call, Air Station Mike-26 lost the helicopter when it disappeared from the station's radar displays. The cause of the mayday call is unknown, but the helicopter was flying over enemy airspace at the time. Your team is the quick response SAR unit on duty, so mount up and get ready to deploy. | Credits: JW Custom; Mark McCartney (support him at twitch.tv/xpcgaming and @TheXPCgaming); Ashten Henson (follow her on twitter @Ashisgaming); CUP Crew; CBA Crew

• Island Nest [MMM] (v1.2 | 8/9/16) Subscribe

Terrain: Altis | Friendly Faction: Independent | Mission: Eliminate a terrorist leader, locate hostages, and collect intel. | Bonus Objectives: No | Requirements: None | Details: Two chemical plant engineers have been taken hostage by a local terrorist group. Your team of AAF Spec-Ops divers is being deployed to infiltrate the terrorist hideout, secure any intel you can find, eliminate the terrorist leader, and locate the hostages. You will be inserted via helocast into the ocean to make your way to your objective. | Credits: JW Custom; Alias

• Dusk Menace [MMM] (v1.1 | 8/9/16) Subscribe

Terrain: Stratis | Friendly Faction: Independent | Mission: Neutralize FIA guerrilla camps. | Bonus Objectives: Yes | Requirements: None | Details: One of our patrols just returned to base at Kamino and reports FIA encampments to the Southwest of Kamino. The patrol has marked the exact locations of the camps. There are three FIA camps we need your squad to neutralize. | Credits: JW Custom; Alias

• Dusk Menace (AAF 2017 Version) [MMM] (v1.0 | 2/16/18) Subscribe

Terrain: Stratis | Friendly Faction: Independent | Mission: Neutralize rebel camps. | Bonus Objectives: Yes | Requirements: AAF 2017; RHS USAF; RHS AFRF; RHS GREF; RHS SAF | Details: One of our patrols just returned to base at Kamino and reports rebel encampments to the Southwest of Kamino. The patrol has marked the exact locations of the camps. There are three rebel camps we need your squad to neutralize. | Credits: JW Custom; Alias; AAF 2017 Team; RHS Team

• Forecast Unknown [MMM] (v1.1 | 8/9/16) Subscribe

Terrain: Altis | Friendly Faction: BLUFOR | Mission: Destroy CSAT radar station. | Bonus Objectives: Yes | Requirements: None | Details: CSAT forces have installed a questionable radar station on Atsalis. They claim it is a weather station and is part of an infrastructure improvement for the Altis government, but the military structures they are building around it suggest otherwise. Lead your team of SBS divers on a covert mission to destroy the radar, collect intelligence, and eliminate the commanding officer of the radar emplacement. The terrain of Atsalis is very challenging; keeping 360 degree awareness is essential to surviving the mission. | Credits: JW Custom; Alias

• Negative ION [MMM] (v1.1 | 8/9/16) Subscribe

Terrain: Altis | Friendly Faction: OPFOR | Mission: Ambush ION PMC executives. | Bonus Objectives: No | Requirements: None | Details: ION Corp., a private military company, has established an outpost in CSAT territory. Where they are obtaining the funding for this rapid expansion is unknown. CSAT has intel indicating two top ION executives are flying into the outpost on the Pefkas peninsula for a meeting. Your team will insert via boat, quickly secure the outpost, and ambush the executives by shooting down their helicopter while on its final approach to the helipad. | Credits: JW Custom; Alias

Single Player or Co-op

Multiplayer PvP

Ready For Testing/Currently Being Tested

In Progress

Future Plans

• Like 4

Added Rebel Exterminator Mission to released section. Trying to format anything on this forum is a nightmare, so it is the wrong font size because no matter what I do this junk forum won't correct the font size when I try and edit it. Probably going to end up having to reorganize and redo the entire primary post. Sorry for the inconsistency.

"Live" Range updated to v1.1. It was updated yesterday but due to the forum issues I was encountering yesterday I could not post this until today.

Changes to "Live" Range

• Added 3 supply crates (NATO, CSAT, AAF) to the resupply area. People were having difficulties using bipods. A bipod was available in the NATO special weapons crate on an LMG, but some players either missed it and didn't pull it off to put on other rifles or were confused, so I added the supply crates with a bipod in each to eliminate confusion.
  • Corrected a typo I found in one of the briefing documents.

Exquisite Gunk finally ready for testing. If you're interested please contact me, especially looking for people who can test it in coop mode with up to 12 players.

Phantom Samurai [MMM] released. My first release using mods for a mission. Exquisite Gunk will be released soon.

Thanks. I hope you'll enjoy them.

For those that have already subscribed to Phantom Samurai, I just played through the subscription version and I found the flashlights broke somehow during the upload to Steam Workshop. I have now corrected it with a re-upload but I don't believe it constitutes a version update since I didn't actually change anything. I apologize for any inconvenience, if you simply update the mission it should be working accordingly.

I was messing around today with the PG Services addon and threw a really simple single player mission together titled Rated PG. Added to single player releases.

• Like 1

I was messing around today with the PG Services addon and threw a really simple single player mission together titled Rated PG. Added to single player releases.

Just played... liked it a lot, sometimes, less is more ;)

cheers!

Exquisite Gunk released. This was my first attempt at adding any voice acting to a mission. Snipahz McLeod did a great job for me lending his voice. Unfortunately the only way I have been able to implement it so far is through the "radio" so it sounds off standing face to face with a character and having them talk via the radio. I'm still hunting for a way to have the character simply talk without it being via the radio, but I'm having trouble finding a tutorial on how to do that right now and I am too ignorant to figure it out on my own. I apologize if you feel the mission is ruined by this issue.

• Like 1

Threw together a mission tonight with a randomly generated name of Howling Powder while testing some snow effects for fun and playing with task and trigger modules. Nothing fancy but maybe someone will enjoy it. Up to 8 players in COOP and uses the (in my opinion) fantastic HLC weapons packs and some cool blizzard effects by Goon.

Blizzard+snowy effects+thirsk is a perfect marriage... or should I say "stable threesome"? Gotta take a spin and stuck my virtual boots in the ice =)

cheers! 

Idk if it was your doing, but is the image on the Armaholic page an image of cannon mountain, from New Hampshire? if so I love you it's, my favorite place to ski and hike.

Idk if it was your doing, but is the image on the Armaholic page an image of cannon mountain, from New Hampshire? if so I love you it's, my favorite place to ski and hike.

I didn't feel like going through the effort of setting up a screen shot for the mission image so I just grabbed a random public image off the web. No idea where that place is, but if it's that place you mention then there you go, that's probably it.

"Cyclone Finger" (name subject to change) is basically ready for testing. I used it as a test bed for making a really basic intro to learn how to do a cut scene and how to use things like titletext and what-not I have never used before. I also wanted to make something with Robert Hammers super cool M16A1 and the theme I went with made it a good excuse. I'll be honest though, the mission is pretty lame, the fading got jacked up somehow and I'm not 100% happy with it, and I think I made it too hard generally. It also ended up having like 10 add-on requirements which I know is a big time turn off for a lot of people as it takes a long time to load addons when firing up the game.

Sort of doubt I'm going to actually release it because of how awful I think it is. But if you want to try it anyway and perhaps be one of the few to play it if I never release it let me know.

I'm also planning on completely re-doing the original post. I don't think the layout is conducive to making it easy to see what each mission is about at a glance. I'm also planning to take down nearly all of my missions from Steam Workshop and possibly request they be removed from any other hosting websites. Generally I've become very unhappy with my work so far after seeing what a lot of other people even less experienced than me are creating. I'd like to start fresh I think and try to make missions that are halfway decent and a complete package vs what I have now. The lack of general feedback and very low numbers of downloads seem to indicate these aren't very good missions, so I want to maybe delete them and try to make some better ones. A few folks seem to like them here and there, and I appreciate them saying so, but overall I'm getting the impression my missions lack a lot of quality or uniqueness that people want.

"Cyclone Finger" (name subject to change) is basically ready for testing. I used it as a test bed for making a really basic intro to learn how to do a cut scene and how to use things like titletext and what-not I have never used before. I also wanted to make something with Robert Hammers super cool M16A1 and the theme I went with made it a good excuse. I'll be honest though, the mission is pretty lame, the fading got jacked up somehow and I'm not 100% happy with it, and I think I made it too hard generally. It also ended up having like 10 add-on requirements which I know is a big time turn off for a lot of people as it takes a long time to load addons when firing up the game.

Sort of doubt I'm going to actually release it because of how awful I think it is. But if you want to try it anyway and perhaps be one of the few to play it if I never release it let me know.

I´m cool with that, I´m over 60 gb mods, so I must have or run daily most of the mods you´ve used on this mission, and it seems pretty interesting a mission exploiting the M16A1, any excuse to use that is welcome lol

I´d love to play it, and I´ll not distribute it (I´ve been playtester of some campaigns that weren´t released yet and probably never will, thou I´ve positively fedback, but the authors are MIA so...), you can trust me =)

cheers!

It has taken me some time, but I am releasing now what I think is a better polished and re-booted version of my most popular mission Early Morning SAR. Everyone seemed to like that one for the most part so I thought that would be a good one to clean up as part of my new effort to focus more on quality before I publish a mission. My previous missions weren't full of issues and they weren't horrible, I was simply unhappy with them compared to the talents of some other mission makers, so I'm trying to step my game up a little.

Please support those with links in the credits, they did me a huge favor with their voice acting.

• Like 1

Had some time today and decided to convert my Early Morning SAR mission to an RHS version for those who like the RHS mod and want to play with those assets. The mission is nearly identical to the vanilla compatible one.

• Like 1

So Mynoch, will Cyclone Finger be released to the masses? I´ve liked it a lot.. and now that RHS has the old soviet helmet and Afghan War era uniforms, I think it would work even better and attract more attention towards your creations... and Hindu Kushu map has those neat JBAD enterable buildings a la DayZ SA =)

Cheers!

I'm not sure, I haven't opened that file in a while. Perhaps I'll go back and re-do the mission from scratch using the same concept but with better execution. It's never really been about attracting more people to my work, if people like it great, if they don't oh well, I can only do the best I can as I learn and that's it, but I understand what you mean, so perhaps I'll get re-invested in that project. I've been wanting to make a campaign lately, I have a few ideas, put together about 5 missions but then switched them to CUP terrains and then decided I wanted to go back to AiATP and it broke all of the missions, so I have to rebuild all of those from scratch, so we will see I guess.

• Like 1

Put together a CUP version of the Early Morning SAR mission in my limited spare time this weekend. Plays the same as the other 2, just different assets. For my future missions I'll probably release multiple "versions" using different assets at the same time so it doesn't seem repetitive to keep releasing the same mission just using different mods.

• Like 1

Added a new mission, "Gunrunner", which is basically my take on the steal the car concept with some dynamic elements mostly inspired by Feuerex's video on creating a steal the car mission with changing placement of the vehicle on each playthrough. There is a vanilla and RHS version available currently. I had a CUP version just about ready and then they put out the updates today and it broke absolutely everything, so I'll either rebuild that version from scratch when I get time or I will wait for CUP to fix all of the problems created by today's updates.

• Like 1

Hi Mynock, just had a first run through of Gunrunner, really good atmospheric mission. Only feedback would be for some savegames before you get to each objective, otherwise you have to start right back at the beginning (since it's not clear there'll be one after to sort out loadout). Other than that - keep up the good work!

Hi Mynock, just had a first run through of Gunrunner, really good atmospheric mission. Only feedback would be for some savegames before you get to each objective, otherwise you have to start right back at the beginning (since it's not clear there'll be one after to sort out loadout). Other than that - keep up the good work!

I apologize if you are disappointed by the lack of auto saves. There are two in place; one after you leave the town of Katalaki as you know, and a second as you approach the only main objective. Since some players will not perform the optional objectives I felt it perhaps unnecessary to add a bunch of autosaves all over the map, but I can see that clearly lead to some disappointment when you played so I sincerely apologize for that. You can enable unlimited saves in your options however and manually save if you would like whenever you approach an optional objective.