BluePhoenix

The SSBN-X Project

Hi guys!

I'm sorry for not having posted updates for a while, but I had a lot mess in the last year and had to put aside the project for more important things.

Anyway, in the last month I restarted to work quite regularly on it, I improved the model and tried to make it more realistic. I'm still playing with textures (remember, this is my first model and I have to improve my skills :down:) but I hope to release by July a first pre-aplha-stub-whatever version, that probably will be nothing more than the sub with a walkable top and working hatches :dozingoff:.

It will be a nice static ship, tho.

Here's some picture of the sub at the moment.

The SSGN version is still under development. My first design had some kind of larger hangar with the top opening in two (pic below in the spoiler), but then I thought it was a little bit unrealistic and at the moment I'm considering to recreate some sort of Dry Dock Shelter like in the Ohio SSGN. What's your opinion?

Spoiler

5hoJKpd.jpg

• Like 9

How did I miss this thread? Awesome work man.

• Like 1

Dry dock idea similar to the Ohio would be a nice option.. 

Maybe the ability to store an SDV or RHIB inside, either way it'll be a nice static to add to the map :-) 

Awesome work. 

EDIT:

Do you plan on giving this an 'Artillery' computer setup? To act like a SSGN?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroBeans. said:

Dry dock idea similar to the Ohio would be a nice option.. 

Maybe the ability to store an SDV or RHIB inside, either way it'll be a nice static to add to the map :-) 

Awesome work. 

EDIT:

Do you plan on giving this an 'Artillery' computer setup? To act like a SSGN?

Yep, that's what I tought too, I don't think those giant doors would be easy to open in real life.

Anyway only the first release will be static, I'll make it drivable but at the moment it's not my main objective.

And yes, it will have an artillery computer for firing missiles (the ballistic missile version will have 1-3 warheads for every missile to place - no more since the rendering of many nuke explosions is quite demanding for my potato pc - while the SSGN will carry about 40+ cruise missiles).

• Like 3

That's gorgeous. Love the lines on it.

Please continue to make it compatible with the SDV's! It would be a great idea if it can work. The dry dock would add so much for mission making.

A small update just to announce that while USS Argo is still on sea trials the second ship of the class, the SSGN submarine USS Artemis, was launched. Here's a picture of the event.

RaphG0Q.jpg

• Like 14

I'm very curious to hear how the lockout chamber will function. All I've managed to come up with is attaching several objects and submerging them incrementally to make it look like it's flooding then teleporting the players to separate location with the actual submarine.

19 hours ago, Styles2304 said:

I'm very curious to hear how the lockout chamber will function. All I've managed to come up with is attaching several objects and submerging them incrementally to make it look like it's flooding then teleporting the players to separate location with the actual submarine.

Lockout hatch open action, then you'll have another one for releasing the SDV to the outside. I'm working on the opposite actions (basically when you get outside the chamber you'll get the docking SDV action, and so on"

4 hours ago, BluePhoenix said:

Lockout hatch open action, then you'll have another one for releasing the SDV to the outside. I'm working on the opposite actions (basically when you get outside the chamber you'll get the docking SDV action, and so on"

So will it actually "flood" or will you just sort of spawn in a submerged chamber?

1 hour ago, Styles2304 said:

So will it actually "flood" or will you just sort of spawn in a submerged chamber?

The second one. Actually I never considered a chamber flooding animation but I guess it would be a nice feature, I'll think about

It's kind of cool, sure, but it's more of a novelty as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather just see the mod be released even if it was just a static model with some moveable doors to simulate lockout chambers.

• Like 1

Incredible marine creation that is missing in weapon 3, but is it predicted to come to public download?

2 hours ago, BOSS_FS said:

Incredible marine creation that is missing in weapon 3, but is it predicted to come to public download?

Your previous post in this thread was removed, this is the discussion area of the forums which means content is not normally available to download. Also as the author last posted an update about the mod August 2017, i would suspect that they are busy with other things, hence no release yet.

• Like 1