autigergrad

[ALiVE, ACE3, COOP, SP] BRITISH STEEL

Hey folks,

Quick update on this one.

I added a Prison to FOB Churchill.  So now you can detain those insidious Taliban sympathizers to keep them from influencing the local populace.

I also added the possibility of finding intel on dead Taliban including the location of IED factories, recruitment HQs, and Weapons caches.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Hey Tiger, love your work.

Quick question, is there the possibility to control all friendly forces through the ALiVE Commander's Tablet, like in yours, I think, fallujha assault?

Keep up the great work!

Hey Tiger, love your work.

Quick question, is there the possibility to control all friendly forces through the ALiVE Commander's Tablet, like in yours, I think, fallujha assault?

Keep up the great work!

In the ALiVE Commander Tablet (app key by default) you should have an option under "Operations" to control the friendly squad's waypoints that are sprinkled around the map.

In the ALiVE Commander Tablet (app key by default) you should have an option under "Operations" to control the friendly squad's waypoints that are sprinkled around the map. 

Thx for the answer, now, one more dumb question. 

I downloaded this sangin ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30213) and i saw that its not the same as the link Tiger left in the post ( this  http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=14455 )

Is that gonna cause me lot of trouble or its just the same?

You need the Arma 2 version of Sangin. Otherwise it won't work.

You'll know because it comes with 2 maps (Winter and Summer). This is the one you want.

UPDATE:

-Added new 3CB Merlins to the mission, as well as the outstanding new Rearm/Refuel/Restask module.

-Added a prison to detain suspected Taliban at FOB Churchill

-Added several "Suprises" on the map (you'll know what I'm talking about if you find them)

Expect another update in the next week or so when Burnes's finishes his new Foxhound, which I will replaced his older version with.

Here is the new British Helos in Action in British Steel as well.

• Like 1

hi, autigergrad.

i'm in the process of uploading these mods to my server to play this mission. i just wondered, did you eventually update the mission to accept the latest version of foxhound as i cannot find the old version that you originally listed?

hi, autigergrad.

i'm in the process of uploading these mods to my server to play this mission. i just wondered, did you eventually update the mission to accept the latest version of foxhound as i cannot find the old version that you originally listed?

Sorry for the late reply,

Yes, it's got the latest version of Burnes's Foxhound on the mission.  Let me know if you run into any issues.

Major update today:

Dropped CAF Aggressors dependency

Dropped Burnes Foxhound

Added CUP 

Improved performance

Revamped FOBs

Revamped sounds

Added custom posters, billboards

Added playable British Patrol Troop unit

As always, I hope you enjoy.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, serjames said:

Hi buddy. Out of interests. Why the change ?

I dropped CAF Aggressors due to the fact that its way outdated and no longer supported.

I dropped Burnes Foxhound for the sheer "convenience factor" of having less mods that users have to subscribe to manually...and also because with me adding CUP, I also, by default, add a ton of British Assets like Land Rovers, Mastiffs, Wolfhounds, Ridgebacks, etc. that can offset dropping the Foxhound.

The rest of it? Because I am never satisfied and I'm constantly striving to squeeze the most enjoyment/performance out of my missions. (Plus I have added quite a few great posters, billboards, and unique sounds that I wanted to add in).  :drinking2:

• Like 2

UPDATE:  Mission has been updated to reflect the new additions to the 3CB mod packs released on 3/15/2017.

I have replaced all CUP Landrovers with 3CB Landrovers in game and added Vehicle service points for 3CB.  Enjoy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RocknRollaUK said:

What other Mods need to be downloaded to play this mission?

All the mods needed are on the Steam Workshop page for British Steel.

UPDATED 9/22/2017
Added VCOM AI to mission (built into mission via script so you DO NOT need to run VCOM AI separately)
Added my custom VCOM AI Opfor Taliban
Removed Vehicle spawner due to overhauled repair/resupply/rearm system now available for existing vehicles
Tweaked and optimized mission further
NEW ALiVE ADDITIONS: Installations and roadblocks can now be disabled without blowing them up. Disable option appears in center of installation or at "demo block" in center of roadblock.
Full Heals can only be completed at medical tents, ambulances or CSAR Merlin in game.

If it's been a while since you've played British Steel, I definitely recommend giving it another go.  Have some nice new surprises awaiting you.

• Like 2

Is the persistence save only possible with dedi server or can we now save with persistence in SP or hosted LAN?  

Been playing HerosandVillainsOS insurgency missions and just love them all - so well done.  A huge bonus is persistence saving with hosted LAN without having to run a dedicated server.

Thanks and good day!

DrDetroit

14 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Is the persistence save only possible with dedi server or can we now save with persistence in SP or hosted LAN?  

Been playing HerosandVillainsOS insurgency missions and just love them all - so well done.  A huge bonus is persistence saving with hosted LAN without having to run a dedicated server.

Thanks and good day!

DrDetroit

He plays by himself so he sets up his missions for local save.   I play with my clan so my missions are set up for dedi save.

you can easily switch the saving to local by opening the mission in editor and switching it in the ALiVE Required module then save locally.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, autigergrad said:

He plays by himself so he sets up his missions for local save.   I play with my clan so my missions are set up for dedi save.

you can easily switch the saving to local by opening the mission in editor and switching it in the ALiVE Required module then save locally.

I too play solo with AI squad.  Would you suggest I be playing in SP or MP for local saving of campaign?

21 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I too play solo with AI squad.  Would you suggest I be playing in SP or MP for local saving of campaign?

You'll want to open the Data module, change the saving to local, and play in local MP.

If you haven't played any of @autigergrad's ops you're in for a treat. Aside from vigorous testing, and annoying the devs, most of what I know comes from unpacking his stuff and harassing him :) . His Workshop hub is filled with great missions to checkout. Take a look and enjoy.

EDIT: Oh, depending on how much functionality you need from the AI you recruit, you may want to remove the ACE modules in his ops too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

You'll want to open the Data module, change the saving to local, and play in local MP.

If you haven't played any of @autigergrad's ops you're in for a treat. Aside from vigorous testing, and annoying the devs, most of what I know comes from unpacking his stuff and harassing him :) . His Workshop hub is filled with great missions to checkout. Take a look and enjoy.

EDIT: Oh, depending on how much functionality you need from the AI you recruit, you may want to remove the ACE modules in his ops too.

So I was able to get the local save functional.  Thanks for the assistance HoV.

Another question;  I do like to hear the AI call-outs, as well as my own verbal commands.  Which module would I need to alter to enable this?

Also, if I remove the ACE modules, does the default medical work again or do I have to enable that in a different module?

EDIT:  Oh..almost forgot; if I want to enable Load Out manager, do I simply enable it in the current Spyder module that is in the mission, or do I need to place another Spyder Module?

Thanks again!

@drdetroit ACE will automatically disable the callout feature I think. But "I believe" Autigergrad might put enablesentences false; in the init line of some units as well. When this code is called, it disables all chatter on all sides. No matter what.

So remove the ACE modules (you should then get vanilla healing and stuff back), and then double click on all playable units placed on the editor. Open the init line of each, and make sure enablesentences false isn't written. If it is, delete it. Voices should come back.

Removing the enablesentences command can be a fickle bitch. If you do all this and it still isn't playing voices, delete and replace the units worst case scenario.

For the loadout manager, place the module and sync it to any object you want to have the option. If it's already placed in the mission and synced to an object right now, then in-game if you don't see it on-screen, you can reveal it with the scroll wheel. Obviously make sure it's enabled too in the loadout manager module.

• Like 1

On ‎24‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 1:05 AM, drdetroit said:

So I was able to get the local save functional.  Thanks for the assistance HoV.

Another question;  I do like to hear the AI call-outs, as well as my own verbal commands.  Which module would I need to alter to enable this?

Also, if I remove the ACE modules, does the default medical work again or do I have to enable that in a different module?

EDIT:  Oh..almost forgot; if I want to enable Load Out manager, do I simply enable it in the current Spyder module that is in the mission, or do I need to place another Spyder Module?

Thanks again!

Ok buddy help me out a little bit, please! (Or anybody else who knows, how to do it)

I've been away from ArmA since ArmA II and I am not up to date with this ALIVE thingy. How exactly did you get it to work the save in SP? 

- Do I have to depbo the mission with a tool, then load it into the mission editor and then change exactly what and how to get the saves in SP working?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kroky said:

Ok buddy help me out a little bit, please! (Or anybody else who knows, how to do it)

I've been away from ArmA since ArmA II and I am not up to date with this ALIVE thingy. How exactly did you get it to work the save in SP? 

- Do I have to depbo the mission with a tool, then load it into the mission editor and then change exactly what and how to get the saves in SP working?

You need to unpack the PBO, load it into the editor, and go to the Alive Data module in the left hand panel.  Double click it and change from save to 'cloud' to save to 'local'.  Save the mission in the editor and repack the newly saved PBO and pop it into the proper folder, depending on if Steam Workshop version or the direct Arma game folder.  That's it.

One thing though; play it in MP, hosting a local LAN.  You still have your AI recruits and can use the loadout manager for transferring kits to your AI, as well as your own.  It runs better and saves properly in MP.  

PS: another awesome version of this is HerosandVillansOS version called Battle of Sangin.  This one is already setup for SP play, whereas British Steel is more towards the MP guys - it uses ACE medical, which is not SP friendly...your AI team will not heal you or anyone else.  Again, play it in MP mode as hosted local LAN for best results.  

Good luck! 

DrDetroit

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. What is the up to date pbo packing/unpacking programme right now?

1 hour ago, kroky said:

Thanks for the response. What is the up to date pbo packing/unpacking programme right now?

I use PBO Manager (its on Armaholic) but I think you can use Arma Tools too.