autigergrad

[ALiVE, ACE3, COOP, SP] BRITISH STEEL

15 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I use PBO Manager (its on Armaholic) but I think you can use Arma Tools too.

Ok I got Eliteness to work and I unpacked the mission pbo and tried to load it in the Editor. But I'm struggling to open the mission since it has dependencies (addons) that are not listed in the description. Even after downloading and enabling those addons there is still the problem with @ARP2 addon which isn't on Steam Workshop. I tried to install it manually, but it doesn't show up in the Steam game launcher. I guess I give up on editing this mission. Too much hassle...

Even after managing to open the mission in the editor, there is no ALIVE data module in it....

10 minutes ago, kroky said:

Ok I got Eliteness to work and I unpacked the mission pbo and tried to load it in the Editor. But I'm struggling to open the mission since it has dependencies (addons) that are not listed in the description. Even after downloading and enabling those addons there is still the problem with @ARP2 addon which isn't on Steam Workshop. I tried to install it manually, but it doesn't show up in the Steam game launcher. I guess I give up on editing this mission. Too much hassle...

Even after managing to open the mission in the editor, there is no ALIVE data module in it....

Where are you getting this PBO download for British Steel? He removed the ARP dependency a long time ago. Try getting the one linked on his Workshop page.

If all else fails shoot me a PM and I’ll send you the mission unpacked and set for local saving if you want.

51 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Where are you getting this PBO download for British Steel? He removed the ARP dependency a long time ago. Try getting the one linked on his Workshop page.

If all else fails shoot me a PM and I’ll send you the mission unpacked and set for local saving if you want.

Ok please send me the unpacked pbo.

Although I managed to get it working in the editor, I placed the ALIVE Data Module, now I set the option to save locally in the editor, I save with the ALIVE save option, but when returning to the mission it starts all over again. I don't know how to load the saved mission?

Also, where are the missions downloaded from the Steam workshop in what folder? I found the saved mission under documents\arma3\saved\steammpmission, but where is the mission file saved from the workshop before I play it?

The dependency problem occured because I downloaded the mission pbo from armaholic, since I couldn't find it anywhere in the folders. I have the Steam workshop version too, but I don't know where to find it manually?

Once more an Edit: It's about the "A Bright Morning" mission, not the "British Steel" mission. But the Steam workshop redirects me to this topic...

Ah ok I can’t help you on the Diyala mission. But you did everything correctly. To save, make sure it says “local” in the Data module and in game use the “server save and exit” option. NOT the “player save” option.

Where missions are stored on Steam is one of the Wonders Of The World. Realistically I think it can be in one of three places so better to just get the standalone PBO’s when available.

6 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Ok I managed to download the file from a dropbox link and now I edited the mission, adding the ALIVE data module (with local save)  and started the game as a local LAN hosted game, made some things and saved the game like advised with server save and exit. But how can I load the game data again? I mean when I start up ArmA3 again and choose this mission then I simply set up again a new mission, don't I? So how can I load the mission from the ALIVE data module? I.e. I picked up a rucksack and recruited a team member, but after reloading the mission again there is no rucksack and no AI team mates. (Anyway how do I fill the empty slots in the LAN game with AI's?)

My other question is: When starting the mission in Single Player, I can't load the mission either. Sorry I'm really confused how to work it out....

6 hours ago, drdetroit said:

You need to unpack the PBO, load it into the editor, and go to the Alive Data module in the left hand panel.  Double click it and change from save to 'cloud' to save to 'local'.  Save the mission in the editor and repack the newly saved PBO and pop it into the proper folder, depending on if Steam Workshop version or the direct Arma game folder.  That's it.

One thing though; play it in MP, hosting a local LAN.  You still have your AI recruits and can use the loadout manager for transferring kits to your AI, as well as your own.  It runs better and saves properly in MP.  

PS: another awesome version of this is HerosandVillansOS version called Battle of Sangin.  This one is already setup for SP play, whereas British Steel is more towards the MP guys - it uses ACE medical, which is not SP friendly...your AI team will not heal you or anyone else.  Again, play it in MP mode as hosted local LAN for best results.  

Good luck! 

DrDetroit

22 minutes ago, kroky said:

My other question is: When starting the mission in Single Player, I can't load the mission either. Sorry I'm really confused how to work it out....

Start the mission in MP and host a LAN, select the map 'Sangin Summer 5X5', in the next screen select a role (play as Squad Leader) - you can still play solo with AI, just like in SP.  Don't play this in SP mode - it will not save persistently properly and will not run optimal.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed only the mods required on this first page or on Steam.  All of the mods are available in the Steam Workshop.  

EDIT:  as Heros said, download the PBO and install that in your MP folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3  it's much easier to find this way.  As for Steam Workshop, try checking C:...Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam or C:....\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steamMPMission - and again, I can't say it enough, play in MP even playing solo.  Do not play this or HerosandVillaniansOS version in SP as it will not function or save properly.

4 hours ago, kroky said:

Just for you. Here is the mission folder and PBO, both set to local saving: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdmtwqqknno0esr/British_Steel.hellskitchen.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5mzepfgw2tnfdx/British_Steel.hellskitchen.pbo?dl=0

To just play, put the PBO inside your steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\MPMissions folder. Select MP, server browser and host your own server. Select Sangin Summer and then find this mission on the right hand side of the screen (for now and ease of use, rename this PBO to something like British_Steel1.hellskitchen.pbo so you don't get it confused with the Workshop mission).

Then see above to my last post on the subject for how to save your progress in-game.

To edit the mission, take the zip file and unzip it and place it in My Documents\Arma 3\username\missions (it's possible you have an Arma 3 -other profiles folder so if you do and use that one, us that folder instead). Then open the game, then the editor, and open the mission under the Sangin Summer map.

Thank you HerosandvillainsOS for your help. I made a lot of progress with editing the other mission now I will try your mission "British Steel". I still don't get one thing: How to LOAD the mission again after saving in LAN multiplayer. I understand the process of how to start the game in LAN multiplayer, I understand the process how to save but I don't understand how to load the saved mission again without starting it all over again. So after saving it correctly, when I want to load it say next day I have to do what? Start again in LAN Multiplayer and then what? I can only host a new game. How to LOAD the saved game in LAN Multiplayer?

EDIT: Ok I managed to start, then save and load the mission again. Do I understand correctly that even when I load the mission again my character will NOT be at the same place where I stopped to play the mission? So I have to start at the Base again? (But the vehicles i.e. are where they were left?)

Also I have an issue with AI: When I host the LAN session I have no AI team mates, there is no button to add AI's. What am I missing?

Ok I found in the forums the info about the line disabledAI=1 to change to 0.

This works for your mission. But what about if there is no line like disabledAI=1 in the description.ext, in the other mission "A Bright Morning", this is the case and even adding the line disabledAI=0 doesn't help, there is no button to enable AI's in the lobby.

@kroky I don’t personally recommend enabling AI. In his missions you can recruit AI from the main bases (I think it’s marked on the map). 

Regarding player position when loading a save, I think he does this on purpose so players aren’t left stranded out in the field when joining his server. 

Like HaV said, you have to recruit your AI team again.  In British Steel, I think it's one of the ammo crates marked on the map, but now that I think of it I may have had to add that in the mission editor...can't remember.  I either had to add recruit or the load out manager to the ammo crates where you can recruit...or vise versa.  

Personally, you should just play Battle of Sangin...it's already setup for solo play and no ACE medical, which is useless in SP, unless you want to be the sole medic.  I got British Steel working properly for solo play, but took a bit of time to get rid of the ACE advanced medical so the default medical packs were available.  

Mission has been updated.

• Civilian and Taliban factions have been replaced with appropriate Community Factions Project factions.
  • VCOM has been updated to latest 3.1 release and is now FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE IN GAME through the configure addons option
  • Added new 3CB Panama and Panther vics at main FOB
  • Like 1