On 1/10/2017 at 8:00 AM, Drift_91 said:

After a quick search of the thread it seems others are having this problem too. Maybe it's been fixed in 2.0, but I'm using the script version. I've noticed that AI tend to get a short move order when they get transferred to HC. Is there a way I can prevent this via the config in the mission init? Or is it fixed in 2.0?

Also another issue, this might be something for BI to fix though, once units are transferred to the HC Zeus players are no longer able to rotate them. An example of when this can be a major problem is if a Zeus spawns a fighter jet at the end of the runway and they start trying to take off at whatever angle they spawned at with the Zeus unable to rotate them to take off down the runway. Is there a way we can rectify that or is that a problem with Arma itself?

My unit is running the script version of WHC, and the load balancing and general AI improvement are amazing. Many thanks to you for crafting this, Werthles. I noticed the same behavior observed by Drift_91 above, where after a unit is transferred to the HC, it gets a move order. I've also had the rotation bug, but I feel like that clears up after a minute or two of being on the HC. I dug into the script file and saw the WHKDummyWaypoint, which I believe to be the source of the move issue. Could you elaborate on why that's necessary? This sort of handoff to the HC is kind of problematic in multiplayer scenarios like ours, where Zeus is placing enemies and objects on the fly for players, and has to act quickly. It's frustrating to place a group adjust its stance, settings, skills, and waypoints, only to have those overridden during handoff to the HC. It's doubly problematic when the units are unable to complete the dummy waypoint (not sure why) and get stuck in place, requiring additional attention from Zeus.

This also creates an issue with spawn scripts. I sometimes use them to spawn AI with specific changes to make sure they stay right where they're spawned ("disableAI "PATH"), but those changes are frequently disrupted during handoff to the HC, with the dummy waypoint move order causing groups to move out of their carefully appointed positions, sometimes into free roam mode. Is there any way to omit this waypoint from the handoff to HC or have the handoff at least maintain any AI scripting, formation, stance, etc. info from before handoff? I'm not too knowledgeable about locality, so I must confess to some ignorance on the challenges. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

• Like 1

Iirc the rotation thing is an ArmA limitation with HC's

• Like 1

On 1/26/2017 at 11:56 AM, looter said:

The module was working great but there is a critical bug that occurs after a group of units is assigned to the HC, a random amount of units in the group will lose their loadout entirely.

Edit: Nevermind, this is a bug within the engine that occurs whenever locality is transferred at runtime and not related to this module. A workaround until it's fixed by BIS would be to get the units loadout and set it again after setGroupOwner is called.

Not sure if this is related, but I was getting this bug with a headless client that has its own folder of mods, and when I checked the versions, they were not the same compared to the dedicated server. Once I updated all the HC mods to match the dedicated server's mods (including CBA!), the units no longer lost their loadouts.

My latest problem that I'd love help figuring out is excluding units from the HC transfer. In the Eden editor, I've placed some groups and given them the variable names "exempt", "exempt1", "exempt2", etc. I'm using the script version of Werthles' kit, so I call it from init.sqf with the following line:

[true,30,false,true,5,3,true,["exempt"]] execVM "WerthlesHeadless.sqf";

Sadly, these six groups still get handed off to the headless client. Can anyone venture a guess as to why?

EDIT: I was able to successfully exclude units by including their system-assigned group names, as follows:

[true,30,false,true,5,3,true,["Alpha 1-1","Alpha 1-2","Alpha 1-3","Alpha 1-4","Alpha 1-6"]] execVM "WerthlesHeadless.sqf";

Edited by diehardfc
New information available after further testing.

Does anyone know of a way to exclude a certain Side from being handed off the HC? I was thinking of maybe keeping INDEPENDENT units on the dedicated server, but putting "resistance" in the exempt array of the init file didn't have any effect.

EDIT TO ADD: Also, is there any way to change the balancing? If I didn't want a group on the HC for some reason, is there a command to transfer it to the dedicated server? Some of the Zeus Ares Achilles modules don't work on HC units, and I have no idea why.

Edited by diehardfc
Added a second question.

On 2017-03-19 at 5:00 PM, afevis said:

Iirc the rotation thing is an ArmA limitation with HC's

Yeah I had a strong suspicion that it was ArmA itself doing this.

On 2017-03-19 at 4:08 PM, diehardfc said:

-snip-

I believe the dummy waypoint has something to do with synchronization. I kinda have a feeling that it can't be removed without breaking other things.

On 4/28/2017 at 2:34 PM, Drift_91 said:

I believe the dummy waypoint has something to do with synchronization. I kinda have a feeling that it can't be removed without breaking other things.

I would like some confirmation as to why this is necessary as well.  The rotation issue is the same as units that have been transferred to server but the move order does things like breaking them out of garrison and such and really sucks for loading a template with units already in place.

• Like 1

Well, looks like @Werthles is MIA... Hopefully he's just busy with work or family and will be back eventually.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm running a mission file that has modules set up that uses Ace Mod and other mods I included it in the list as you can see there but I still get these errors and the HC keeps on disconnecting. 

V2rMzlz0SkqhYXMBNpMYJw.png

Hello! I tried your headless client kit with a vanilla version, no mods and all and using the Test Mission that comes with your file. I got the HC to connect but the units in game is not being transfered into HC. Any help? 

N4BiT9ODTBqOGIMZaM-szg.png

13 hours ago, kohara_02 said:

Can anyone help me with this? I'm running a mission file that has modules set up that uses Ace Mod and other mods I included it in the list as you can see there but I still get these errors and the HC keeps on disconnecting. 

V2rMzlz0SkqhYXMBNpMYJw.png

2 hours ago, kohara_02 said:

Hello! I tried your headless client kit with a vanilla version, no mods and all and using the Test Mission that comes with your file. I got the HC to connect but the units in game is not being transfered into HC. Any help? 

N4BiT9ODTBqOGIMZaM-szg.png

I manage to get it working with mods I just added the directory of the mod instead of just adding the "@examplemod". I did this instead "D:\Directory\Arma 3\@Workshop\@mod" and the transfer just seems to work suddenly. Thank you for this gread headless client kit! :)

Hey so i cant get it to blacklist Alive Cas/Transport units for some reason. when im in MP on my computer the units shot the miniguns but when i get on my dedi they wont fire i think its becasue of HC anything you know to fix that with the Werthles HC mod?

When I try to connect a headless client to the server like at 3:35 the dialogue box just says; "10:56:53 Dedicated client created. 10:56:59 Client connected: 127.0.0.1:2302 10:56:59 > Player headlessclient connecting" and then never connects. Any idea why?

Anyone know how to turn on and actually view the debug in game for admins? I can't find any data in reference to how to get this working .. Ty in advance