Thanks for the response Werthless. Any chance you could update the script version?

I'll go mad if I update both at once, as they are slightly different systems. Once I'm finally satisfied with the mod version, I'll see about updating the script.

I thought you were afk/"dead". Thanks for the response and your hard work.

Not yet!

Please let me know if there are further issues!

Sometimes it says "cant join session,wrong password" .What is this thing?

Sometimes it just works anyway,tried it out and it really busted my CBA.  Now it says it can`t detect/missing CBA,and my guys is floating up there in the sky!

Now ,on normal missions,I get 45-ish fps-compared to my usual 60.Could you fix this ,please?

Great mod,keep it up.Thnx. 

Sometimes it says "cant join session,wrong password" .What is this thing?

Sometimes it just works anyway,tried it out and it really busted my CBA.  Now it says it can`t detect/missing CBA,and my guys is floating up there in the sky!

Now ,on normal missions,I get 45-ish fps-compared to my usual 60.Could you fix this ,please?

Great mod,keep it up.Thnx. 

Hi there. The password and other settings can be changed in:

My Headless Kit\Headless Client\ArmA2OA

My Headless Kit\Server\ArmA2OA

Delete the word: arma from both files but leave all other punctuation.

Check you are launching your HC with the same version of CBA. Check the mod line of these same two files.

No idea why your guy was flying sorry!

FPS really shouldn't be affected by this mod unless debug mode is switched on. High numbers of AI on the screen can hit your FPS even if they are controlled by the HC.

If it really is WHM, please try the following:

increase the repeat delay time or turn off repeated checks,

disable debug mode altogether,

use the simple AI balancing mode.

Hope this works for you.

BTW, I'd love to see some pictures/videos of this project in action! Please feel free to link me!

BTW, I'd love to see some pictures/videos of this project in action! Please feel free to link me!

Hi

I was wondering if you could give me a hand making a HC for my dedicated windows server.

I'm using TADST - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11655. This pretty much gives a user friendly UI to change settings, maps etc.

I am not sure how this would effect the HC client.

I have been using the guide you included in the documentation, but I am very confused when you are talking about the

"If you will run the HC on the same machine, go to iii), then enter:

connect="-connect=localhost"; "

Do you think you could walk me through using WHM on a dedicated Windows machine? I am running the HC on the same machine I am running the dedicated server on.

i am shooting in the dark here....

any way to run this mod as script?

i am shooting in the dark here....

any way to run this mod as script?

The script version still seems to work as I use it in our group framework.

a bug that i found (maybe its a bug)

the module sometime dosn't load to mission (when i press "M" i cant see the addon name) and no debug add actions

it show me for a split  a second that the HC is ready and back to hourglass icon
any idea?

the module sometime dosn't load to mission (when i press "M" i cant see the addon name) and no debug add actions

it show me for a split  a second that the HC is ready and back to hourglass icon
any idea?

I'm running in to the same problem. It seems like it works at random. Sometimes it works great, other times I can't see the debug menu item. So I have no idea if its transferring units to the HC or not. And I can't fire anything through debug that will show me the counts either.

Any updates?

Having looked at the files in the "My Headless Kit" folder, if we have a dedicated server and a headless client already running just fine, but want to add your addon, I should be able to skip the external parameter file and just make sure your addon is loaded by server, headless, and all players?

Just firing up the editor to try this out, but want to make sure everything is configured correctly. :)  This looks like a great addon!

Wonder if this mod has been abandoned? No offense @Wethles. I'd love to show you videos of our unit using your mod. But it seems there are several things broken since the apex update in A3. Any chance you'll take a look at it soon? This functionality has been rolled into ACEX, but there are two features that your script has that acex doesn't.

1. A hardcoded limit of 3 headless clients

2. Load balancing that uses the server as well.

However, acex is able to transfer and balance the units WAY faster and has less performance impact, from my testing at least.

I'd love to help in any way I can. Let me know if you plan to put this project on github. At least the mod version I mean.

Hi all, if setup the scripted HC but it keep getting kicked for steam ticket failed....any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi

I was wondering if you could give me a hand making a HC for my dedicated windows server.

I'm using TADST - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11655. This pretty much gives a user friendly UI to change settings, maps etc.

I am not sure how this would effect the HC client.

I have been using the guide you included in the documentation, but I am very confused when you are talking about the

"If you will run the HC on the same machine, go to iii), then enter:

connect="-connect=localhost"; "

Do you think you could walk me through using WHM on a dedicated Windows machine? I am running the HC on the same machine I am running the dedicated server on.

When I made this, TADST didn't write HC settings correctly, so I made the headless kit as a stand-alone one-size-fits-all thingamajig.

If the headless and server are on the same machine, the settings shouldn't need changing. 

any idea?

I'm running in to the same problem. It seems like it works at random. Sometimes it works great, other times I can't see the debug menu item. So I have no idea if its transferring units to the HC or not. And I can't fire anything through debug that will show me the counts either.

Any updates?

I have seen some occurrences of random behaviour, but nothing that hasn't been solved by restarting the server/HC.

I know editing the mission while a HC is connected can break the HC. This isn't a WHM issue though afaik.

The debug menu sometimes didn't appear in some respawn modes, I hope this is fixed now.

Having looked at the files in the "My Headless Kit" folder, if we have a dedicated server and a headless client already running just fine, but want to add your addon, I should be able to skip the external parameter file and just make sure your addon is loaded by server, headless, and all players?

Just firing up the editor to try this out, but want to make sure everything is configured correctly. :)  This looks like a great addon!

Hope this worked out for you! Should work just by running the mod, once the module setup in the mission file is done.

Wonder if this mod has been abandoned? No offense @Wethles. I'd love to show you videos of our unit using your mod. But it seems there are several things broken since the apex update in A3. Any chance you'll take a look at it soon? This functionality has been rolled into ACEX, but there are two features that your script has that acex doesn't.

1. A hardcoded limit of 3 headless clients

2. Load balancing that uses the server as well.

However, acex is able to transfer and balance the units WAY faster and has less performance impact, from my testing at least.

I'd love to help in any way I can. Let me know if you plan to put this project on github. At least the mod version I mean.

In WHM I've gone to great lengths to try to make sure waypoints, trigger syncs etc are preserved. This takes a moment for each group. Basic transfers often cause AI held at waypoints to ignore a trigger condition and proceed to the next point. Also, high speed AI transfers can cause desyncs and unit de-robing, which, while funny, I wanted to eliminate from my releases. A small pause seemed to do the trick. Maybe BI have fixed this bug. 'Simple Balancing' may improve performance, especially for a single HC.

Hi all, if setup the scripted HC but it keep getting kicked for steam ticket failed....any ideas on how to fix this?

Can't remember the exact fix, but I think it's either:

the HC ip isn't listed in the servers config files,

the HC/server need to be restarted as the mission file needs to be re-transfered to the HC.

HC/server restarts fix most things. Also, alt-tabbing away from the game during loading can break things sometimes. It's just me working on this. If anyone else would be willing to help support this, please get in touch!

is there a way to disable wearthless in-game via a command in the console? 

There isn't. Not sure why you want to do this but maybe you could turn off repeating, so units are only sent to the HC once, and increase the start delay. Or maybe make the repeat delay huge. The graphical debug is the only thing that can slow performance in my experience.

Hi. Great work with this thing, AI is really smart and frightening now. I have one problem though. It looks like Headless messes up Triggers. Groups dont respond to "Skip Waypoint" when its activated. Any ideas how to fix this? Am i doing something wrong?

Anyone else having issues with the debug function in 1.66 using the addon version? It seems to work fine and splits the AI among the HC's but enabling the debug info only shows blue icons almost instantly with the text "On: <obj null>" below? Tested the script version and there debug works OK with red/yellow/blue icons.

Not a big deal since it splits the AI among available HC's, just wondering if I'm missing something....

BTW: Thanks for making and sharing this addon Werthles. Makes using HC hassle free!

/KC

Trying to run the module in my mission but getting this error that pops up that says C:\Programs Files (x86)\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server.exe The specified path does not exist. I did move arma on to a another hard drive awhile back, and would be appreciated.

After a quick search of the thread it seems others are having this problem too. Maybe it's been fixed in 2.0, but I'm using the script version. I've noticed that AI tend to get a short move order when they get transferred to HC. Is there a way I can prevent this via the config in the mission init? Or is it fixed in 2.0?

Also another issue, this might be something for BI to fix though, once units are transferred to the HC Zeus players are no longer able to rotate them. An example of when this can be a major problem is if a Zeus spawns a fighter jet at the end of the runway and they start trying to take off at whatever angle they spawned at with the Zeus unable to rotate them to take off down the runway. Is there a way we can rectify that or is that a problem with Arma itself?

On 2016/11/3 at 4:38 AM, Werthles said:

There isn't. .............

Hi Werthles, I find this bug.

Faa7lek.jpg

And seem like all AI's waypoint is gone. They move randomly.

So, I'm just getting into trying to use a headless Client for my own hosted server and my unit's server box.
I have managed to set up a running completely Vanilla HC client on my home machine to connect to my server with surprisingly good results (15-20MS ping between them).

I run an experimental server for my unit and have a diverse spread of mods in use on a bunch of custom startup parameter files.

How do I set up multiple HC copies to run a Vanilla version, Mod group1, Mod group2, Mod group3, etc?
I see you have to set mods in your .par file per your instructions.  Do I need to make multiple copies of that file location and change mod parameters in each .par file?

Thanks for your work!

The module was working great but there is a critical bug that occurs after a group of units is assigned to the HC, a random amount of units in the group will lose their loadout entirely.

Edit: Nevermind, this is a bug within the engine that occurs whenever locality is transferred at runtime and not related to this module. A workaround until it's fixed by BIS would be to get the units loadout and set it again after setGroupOwner is called.

• Like 1

Some way to set up this automatically?  Can this be incorporated?  Would be very useful for beginners with a mission template already set up for them,and simplify for any others.

I ran into this problem while trying to set-up Headless Clients for our server, we run Player vs AI missions of about 100 to 150 players. So balancing with AI gives us roughtly 100 to 150 AI. You can see where the need for HC comes in. Our set-up has 7 VM on a single dedicated server box. Each VM's has it's own arma3server installation and can either be used has a game server/ webserver/ headlessclient.

So while using Server1 has our main server, I tried connecting Server 4 to it. Set-Up everything propperly, S4 is launching has a client and connecting to S1, it goes in it's HC slot for the mission and the color of the HC name turns green has if it's ready to launch the mission. I then start the mission. My client goes to mission screen and everything is good. But the HC stays stuck with the Hourglass icon. It will remain this way and never actually make it into the server to control the AI.

I have configurated the server.cfg to allow the IP of the other VM (each VM has it's own IP) everything works, except the HC can't load the mission or go past the lobby.

Any clues are appreciated.

Hey Werthles,

We have recently started using WHM with 4 clients on the server I play on. We normally play Zeus Milsim, where we mostly make missions using building compositions and then place AI inside those. The only problem is that since we started using HCs a few weeks ago, AI shoots through those Zeus placed buildings like they don't exist. Even going so far that the bullets the ai shoot go through objects that should not be able to be shot through like sandbags and h-barriers.

We have been trying to figure out what the problem could be. While RHS has been named as the culprit, since we only use RHS units, I don't think that is the problem because, for as far as I know, RHS doesn't change anything about the AI coding.

What we think might cause the issue, is the buildings being placed by zeus not registering on the HCs. Are all objects being placed by zeus registered by the HC's or are only the AI units registered?

To further add to my believe that it's to do with the buildings being registered, I recently saw multiple vehicles moving through walls at a checkpoint placed by zeus. Not taking any damage going through it and generally not giving a toss about it,

Hope you can elaborate and maybe provide a solution to this problem that is causing 90% of the players each evening getting really pissy.