Thanks for this! Hopefully my assessment of the situation is correct!

I think WHM is back in working order now, since the latest Arma 3 hotfix. Please let me know if something else goes wrong! I hope to release another update with the fixes/suggestions made eventually.

• Like 3

I was going to start a new post but let me throw this out here just to see if anyone would know.

So to enhance game play, i usually use my laptop to host and transfer AI using this addon.  Since supposedly Arma doesnt use multi core, on my laptop i run two instances of the servers, the 2nd = start /affinity C.  Would it make sense to run a 3rd version of the server/HC on my real PC that i play on with the same startup params of: start /affinity C?

I think WHM is back in working order now, since the latest Arma 3 hotfix. Please let me know if something else goes wrong! I hope to release another update with the fixes/suggestions made eventually.

Do you plan to update your script based version with this latest hotfix?

Edit: I've just toyed around with your module based version and still cannot have any units transferred to the HC.  The HC is present and named and connected but units just won't transfer.

Does anyone have an example mission of using this mod?  I want to ensure I have things set up correctly inside the editor. 

I can confirm that v1.5.0.5 is still not working after latest Arma 3 hotfix:

aEb9ooo.jpg

• Like 1

I cannot speak for 3DEN editor-made missions, but making headless clients and the associated module placed down in 2D editor-made missions will work. Be sure to update the server along with the headless clients as well.

• Like 1

You will need to update all copies of WHM on HCs, DSs and players. I changed something when I didn't know it was a Arma issue, so you will have to update all versions I'm afraid. I have tested Steam Workshop and WithSix copies, and seem to be working for my setup (HCs, DS, and player client all on one PC). I have also created a new tutorial video! Will add it to the main page.

• Like 1

You will need to update all copies of WHM on HCs, DSs and players. I changed something when I didn't know it was a Arma issue, so you will have to update all versions I'm afraid. I have tested Steam Workshop and WithSix copies, and seem to be working for my setup (HCs, DS, and player client all on one PC). I have also created a new tutorial video! Will add it to the main page.

Thanks. Works perfectly :)

• Like 1

In my case I´ve started a mission in the 3D editor taken the scripts from the test altis mission and doesnt work at all. It has to be the 3D Editor does it? If not perhaps someone can helps telling me what I have made wrong?

Is there a reason to ever have a.i. ignored by the HC and to run on the server?

are you going to update the script version of the addon ?

I am having an issue. I am able to see the debug action when I play with multiplayer but when I use this same mission on my dedicated server, I can not bring up the debug action. My headless client connects but how do I know if it actually working. I have tried setting the module to anyone to be able to use the debug. Myself, the server and the HC are running the addon. Anyone else having this issue? Also is there a debug menu command I can enter in to see if the HC has units under its control?

EDIT: I have figured out that for what ever reason, my rented dedicated server does not show that briefing (the section where you wait for the HC's to load into). My dedicated server that I used on my own machine before the rented one shows that part and I am able to use the WHM debug action just fine. I can not figure out why it would be doing that. Any thoughts? Also to clarify, I would like to know if there is a debug console line that I can enter in while on my server to see if the HC's are even working as I can not use the debug that comes with WHM.

The debug option is only available to the admin/host by default. You can make it available to everyone in the WH Setup Module, however this could give away enemy locations and overload the network traffic!

The ignore module is there to try to increase this module's compatibility with other modules and script systems. If another addon/module/script only affects certain units, e.g. ALiVE support modules, the unit/group/unit type can be ignored by WHM, and intended functionality can be maintained.

As for the script version...

I hoped it would be fixed by the Arma 3 update. If it has not, I will consider whether or not to retire this version or update it, as under the hood they are very different and would be hard to maintain separately.

The debug option is only available to the admin/host by default. You can make it available to everyone in the WH Setup Module, however this could give away enemy locations and overload the network traffic!

Yes I know that.. My issue is that I AM signed in as an admin on my dedicated server but I DO NOT get the option for the debug. And even when I set the set the option to everyone it still doesn't work! In my edit I stated I found out that my dedicated server ran on my own machine shows the debug when I sign in as admin. I dont know if this is related but when I am signed in as admin on my dedicated server, normally I can edit the parameters but I cant.. So I have no clue whats going on with my rented server.. I have done all the troubleshooting I can with it. Must be an issue on their end..

Yes I know that.. My issue is that I AM signed in as an admin on my dedicated server but I DO NOT get the option for the debug. And even when I set the set the option to everyone it still doesn't work! In my edit I stated I found out that my dedicated server ran on my own machine shows the debug when I sign in as admin. I dont know if this is related but when I am signed in as admin on my dedicated server, normally I can edit the parameters but I cant.. So I have no clue whats going on with my rented server.. I have done all the troubleshooting I can with it. Must be an issue on their end..

I had this happen as well.  Was related to loading a saved game from a previous session.  Is this what you're doing?  If you start a brand new mission does this still happen?

OK, sorry, it could well be a bug. To create an action for yourself, you can enter this into the debug console:

WHKAction = player addAction ["<t color='#C67171'>Toggle WHM Debug",{[(_this select 3)] call Werthles_fnc_WHKDebugAddAction;},_debug,-666,false,true,"",WHKCondition];

Is there a way to use the mod/module version to add units spawned via script to the HC?

Trying to figure out a way to utilize your mod with some popular missions like "Hearts and Minds".