icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Lingor & Dingor for A3

has this been updated to the new lighting or not yet?

Not yet. It's coming in the next couple of days according to Icebreakr. So plan on a week at least because that's how  mod updates work!

• Like 2

yup really good map but BIS ways wreck the toys.

Lingor has been updated out of beta to 3.66. Finally, eh?

• fixed skies & lighting that got wrecked with release of official patch 1.60+
  • improved beach areas
  • fixed dying on start bug in 3DEN
  • fixed missing pbo error in main menu upon loading a mission
  • added small village of Matacan
  • included new jungle sounds
  • several smaller fixes

Download at Steam Workshop, Play WithSix or my webpage.
  • Like 11

hey there Icebreakr    just a little heads up     i get a config error at start of the island  sadly i cant get it to show up right now, as soon as i see it again i will report it ASAP,  also i noticed some road defects (roads no longer corectly aligned) at the big hill near victorin towards prospero

Is it me, or is there a lot less trees/jungle compared to the A2 version?

Lingor was my fave A2 map, and chuffed to bits its been updated to the new APEX configuration.

Many thanks Icebreakr.

hey there Icebreakr    just a little heads up     i get a config error at start of the island  sadly i cant get it to show up right now, as soon as i see it again i will report it ASAP,  also i noticed some road defects (roads no longer corectly aligned) at the big hill near victorin towards prospe

I get it too but the map still loads. Thanks for the update and fix especially for playing Pilgrimage !!

ERROR.jpgpost images

• Like 1

Oh! Major-Stiffy, I reported this error over in the CUP Terrains thread. It suddenly started happening after their latest update when continuing missions made with the previous version.

Another user said they confirmed it was 100% caused by CUP Terrains because it even happened using a previously made mission that spawned just a single unit only.

If anyone discovers the cause, could they post it here or PM me please? I'm getting it in all missions made prior to the newest CUP Terrains when played with the newest CUP terrains. It's not Lingor I don't think. I don't even have this map downloaded.

You can see our talk on the subject on the last two pages of their thread.

EDIT: If this is happening in a newly made mission, I'm sure the cause is the same as why I'm seeing it on CUP maps. I'd love to figure out what happened to make this error suddenly start appearing.

hey there Icebreakr    just a little heads up     i get a config error at start of the island  sadly i cant get it to show up right now, as soon as i see it again i will report it ASAP,  also i noticed some road defects (roads no longer corectly aligned) at the big hill near victorin towards prospero

Yeah, something wrecked my source again...

http://imgur.com/m7DwNFK

major-stiffy: I'll try it out and see if I can come up with a solution. Wierd...

• Like 1

major-stiffy: I'll try it out and see if I can come up with a solution. Wierd...

I'm pretty sure I read some where in this thread that resuming saved game works if player is in a vehicle. So I did a save&exit 4-5 times and the game resumed. That's the good news. :)

The bad news is while playing Pilgrimage, you have to find a vehicle that is usable which can take awhile. My bucket list for this map was to play the entire map only on foot.

Does this shed any light on what the issue might be?

Thanks

Not sure if you've made a statement on it yet, icebreakr, but are you planning on using Apex assets in any upcoming terrains, or existing ones?

On existing... no. On new ones... probably. Thing is that BIS encoded the new content and will be usable probably in 3 months or so... if.

Yeah, something wrecked my source again...

http://imgur.com/m7DwNFK

i think if bohemia continues to "change" things without a proper documentation on "how to handle" their "improvements"... a big part of the whole modding community will drop off everything and will switch to other games/projects....and this could be the end of Arma as everybody loves it...

Keep your head up Icebreakr.. :huh: 

And yes...it´s a bit salty but...

Regards Chaser

• Like 1

Found a bug on Lingor.....

Unable to open doors at the tops of the large apartment buildings when you climb up to the top of them and then conversely you can not get out of the ladder area when you attempt to climb down as well. I haven't checked the other apartment types but as of right now we are unable to utilize for an ALiVE mission due to that.

Screenshots linked here for locations and type on the map. Map grid for the two buildings are 043/049 in the town of San Arulco "Zona Residencial". 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741382871

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741382821

This is not a bug of Lingor, it's a buggy model of CUP TP building. BTW, if you're using ACE3 - the door can be opened via ACE interaction.

• Like 1

Tried using ACE on the top door as well and it was not working...it wouldn't have mattered at all though because I had to get down somehow. This is one reason I really dislike CUP and am trying not to utilize it in missions where possible.